twelve

그냥 ((Just Because))

A MONTH

Hakyeon smiled as he laid the dish he just finished cooking on the table. He wiped his hands on the pink chequered apron he wore as he called out for the members.

"Jaehwan, Sanghyuk, stop playing the game and get your lazy bums here. I cooked delicious dishes. Do me a favour and go get Wonshik and Hongbin in their room."

Jaehwan grunts as Sanghyuk barely beats him with a slightly higher point.

"Hyung! This is all your fault." Jaehwan launches his infamous pout. Hakyeon rolls his eyes at his fellow bandmate who was obsessed with the Mario game eversince their Love Equation MV shooting. He walked over to the bathroom to call for Taekwoon who was showering. As he brought his hands up to knock on the wooden door, he freezes upon hearing the conversation inside.

"Relax, it is going as planned. I swear I'll win this bet You better get that wad of money ready. Hey, patience is virtue, alright. Yeah, I'll see you in a month."

Hakyeon frowned. Whatever Taekwoon was involving himself in does not sounds good. The last thing he wanted was for Taekwoon to be engaged in a fight and  get injured. The door opened suddenly in the midst of his monologue and their eyes met as Hakyeon observed a flash of fear and guilt pass Taekwoon's eyes. Taekwoon gulps.

"Ha-Hakyeon... What are you doing?"

"Oh..Lunch is ready. I am just informing you incase the kids eat up your portion."

Taekwoon smiled and Hakyeon almost heard the sigh of relief Taekwoon lets out. Almost. If only he had paid more attention and loved him less.

///

 

2 WEEKS

 

"Hakyeon come here."

Hakyeon looks up from his reading material.

The dorm was silent minus the symphony Sanghyuk and Wonshik were conducting, their snore moulding into a synchronised harmony. It was a rainy afternoon with no practice and schedules, all the members were asleep except for the two eldest who were snuggling under heaps of blankets in the living room. Taekwoon had an arm draped around Hakyeon's waist to provide the latter body heat as one of his many sudden fever attack launches itself.  Hakyeon sniffled, trying hard to keep the stubborn mucus from dripping onto the wooden floors of their dormitories.

"Yes?"

"I want to tell you something."

Hakyeon raised an eyebrow as he scooted closer, eyes bloodshot as the fever took its toll on his exhausted body.

"Hakyeon, I want you to know that whatever that happens in the future, you will always hold a special place in my heart. Whatever the future contains, I'd always be there for you. Nothing could change me. Life ain't always fair, Hakyeon. It goes the way we really don't want it to. Somehow it manages to get us twisted in our very own games, plaguing us with nightmares. Life plays with us, hurts us, beats us up and leave us all battered but during those battles with life, that is when we grow up, when we mature. But Hakyeon whatever it is that happens, I always have a sorry heart. No matter what happens we remain as us, right? I know I am not a man with words and some people would make fun of me and call me names but they can call me names all they want  beacuse I have you and that is all that matters."

Taekwoon concludes as he smiled, tear evident in the corners of his eyes. Hakyeon stared at his boyfriend, mortified at how much those words meant to him and it only serves to worsen the guilt munching away at his heart. He took a deep shuddered breath before asking Taekwoon the question that he himself had avoided for the past 5 months.

"Taekwoon, what would you do if I were to die suddenly?"

"Hakyeon.. Please don't make me answer that question. I dread that question untill I die myself because honestly, I cannot live without you. But for your sake, I would move on because I know that is the way you want me to do it. Anything for you love." Taekwoon reached out to pull Hakyeon into his arms, burrying his nose into his soft locks while he  mumbled into Hakyeon's hair.

Hakyeon smiled wistfully. He was satisfied with the answer because that is the way Hakyeon wants it to be. He wants to make sure Taekwoon would be alright and prepared. He sighed and leaned into Taekwoon's embrace, a hushed 'I Love You' coming out from his trembling lips.

///

 

A WEEK

Taekwoon paced the living room worriedly as he glanced at the clock behind the couch. Where the hell is Cha Hakyeon at half past five in the damn morninh? They have a schedule at eight and Hakyeon is showing no signs of coming home at all. Last week, they almost got into a big fight because it becomes worse day by day until Taekwoon decided he had enough. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the front door beeped open.

"Hakyeon! Where have you been? Its already half past five."

"Taekwoon, please... I am tired."

"NO, no. We have to talk Hakyeon. Answer me, where have you been? Do you know how worried the kids were, how worried I am?"

"Taekwoon,the last time we talked about this we almost got into  a huge fight, Taekwoon-ah. So, please. I am tired."

Hakyeon got up from the couch and went to the bathroom leaving Taekwoon sitting dumbfoundedly in the living room. What was Hakyeon doing late at night, reaching into dawn itself?

 


A/N: Babam~ Some real action will come up in the next chapter! Do subscribe and comment! Thank you to all subscribers and commenters. To the upvoters, I am very thankful ^^