thirteen

그냥 ((Just Because))

 

 

Hakyeon sank into his coat, puffs of white mist escaping his nostrils. He stuffed his freezing hands into the pockets and grumbled as he shook off the tiny bit of snow that had landed on his nose. Why the hell woud Taekwoon choose today out of all the other 365 days to go on a date. Hakyon was silently thankful though. He figured that maybe, maybe today, when he had gathered enough courage later, he could tell Taekwoon of whatever that is left of him. Then he could feel the warm muscular arms wrapping around him. They could cry and weep together about how life isn't fair or maybe how Hakyeon is so not ready to face the remaining 5 days. But that would have to wait. Firstly, he had to meet Taekwoon and listen to whatever Taekwoon wants to talk about. An important matter he said. Hakyeon entered the cafe and smiled upon seeing Taekwoon in the corner at an almost invisible cubicle, sipping away at his warm, undoubtly, Latte. Taekwoon looked at him as he took his seat.

"Hey." Hakyeon smiled. Taekwoon remained expressionless.

"Hey. What do you want to drink?" 

"Oh."

He was taken aback. Why does Taekwoon sounds so..detached?

"Umm.. I'll have a grande sized chocochino frappe." 

Taekwoon gave a small nod before getting up to get him his drink. Hakyeon fiddled with his fingers nervously. This does not looks good. Whatever matter Taekwoon is about to bring up and talk about is not something to be pleased with and definitely not something to laugh about.The atmosphere was chilled instead of the usual warm one that Hakyeon has always associated with Taekwoon. He in a sharp intake of breath, trying to strengthen his wavering will. Taekwoon returned a few minutes later, handing him his drink before returning to his seat. Hakyeon gave a kitten to the whipped cream poking through the lid and took a timid sip before clearing his throat. Taekwoon's stare was starting to suffocate him thus pressuring him into starting  the conversation.

"So, umm.. What is it that you wanted to tell me, Taekwoonie~?"

"Taekwoonie? Don't you dare call me that."

Uh-oh.

"W-what?"

"You ing cheater."

There goes his dreams of a romantic snowy cafe date, sailing out the window faster than you could say . Hakyeon felt as if he had been shot right through the head. His chest began to hurt and Hakyeon closed his eyes, willing the pain to go away before he opened his eyes and stutterd,

"Tae-Taekwoon..What are you talking about?"

'You know what I am talking about, you little . I've been tring to deny this from the very start but when you started coming back late at night, I knew it was true afterall."

"Taekwoon-" Hakyeon bit his lips, blinking rapidly, chasing the tears away. No. This is so not happening. But how. Why?

"What's it? Cat got your tongue? Your heart was never in this relationship, isn't it? It has always been Wonshik's." Another sneer.

"Taekwoon, I, those nights I come home late, I was-"

"I don't care. I won't let you fool me for long with your tears and sad, sympathy begging face Hakyeon. It's about time the tables are turned. Listen here carefully."

Taekwoon leaned closer.

"This is a bet. This relationship or you, are a bet. My friends bet that I, the cold, stoic, void of all emotions and expression guy would never be able to make someone laugh and fall in love with me. I was close to losing but then you came. You came and as if you are an angel, I magically won the bet. Thanks to you. And I'd have to say that the amount of money wa quite a lot. I am sure you overheard my conversation with my friend on the phone the other day, didn't you? You made a huge mistake by putting all your trust on me. If only you had asked the other day then maybe this could perhaps end earlier. Now you know. Anyways, it's over. We are over. We were never even together in the first place actually. You've been deluding yourself. Its time to wake up sleeping beauty. I was never in love with you."

Hakyeon sat there speechless. Tears were running down his face, soaking his jeans that Taekwoon had bought for him a month ago. He didn't even have the strength to slap the out of Taekwoon. His mind was blank, a flat line in contrast to his heart that was beating at the speed of 100 mph. Surely this is all a dream, right?  A joke? Hakyeon stood up in denial. No. NO, NO NO! This is not supposed to happen. This is a dream. They are supposed to be hugging now, Taekwoon comforting him over the 5 days he is left with but the snicker, smirk and pitiful gaze Taekwoon threw at him tells him more than enough that this is reality so he exited the cafe and began running. He ran and ran and ran and ran. He ran as fast as his long dancing legs could carry him.

"I will always protect you."

Lies.

"I will make you smile everyday."

Bull.

"I don't need anything else but you. With you, I can live. You suffice my need. You complete me."

The  world spins around him but he kept pushing forward, ignoring the throb that had started its journey and creeped into his brain.

"I'll always be there for you.

Screw you.

"I'll never hurt you."

What the .

"I love you."

Hakyeon let a broken harsh laugh escape his mouth. Stupid Cha Hakyeon. Did he really fell for those pickup lines and false, fake reasuurances? Gods, who was he kidding? Taekwoon's right. He played himself. He tricked himself into believing that he was actually worth something. In the end he's not sure whether he regrets being with Taekwoon or not.

"This is all a lie."

Although he does know that he regrets knowing the truth at the end of his path, at the end of his journey. He really shouldn't have known and should probably die still in the dark about the lies but the lie is already been exposed, stripped under his nose by the liar himself.

"It's all a bet."

Hakyeon swallowed hard as the pain in his chest started to burn immensely. Yet at the same time he strangely does not regret it all. Because at least for the last few months of his life, he received the opputurnity to feel loved. After all the years of hardships an struggles and silently suffering, finally, finally. At the end of his road, he got to experience love. Or so he thought. At least its love. For him. And maybe, just maybe, it might be enough afterall.

"We were never even together."

Hakyeon's wrecked sobs echoes throughout the empty streets. He clutched desperately at his chest in a futile attempt to sooth the pain. His pace had slowed down significantly, jagged harsh breaths spilling, tumbling out of his mouth. He rasped for air  and whimpered in pain, in sadness. His love and so called boyfriend had left him at the end of his life to let him die alone. Nothing can ever erase this pain, nothing. Now no one can save him from himself afterall. NO one, nothing. His movements came to a halt.

"We're over."

Hakyeon's world turned black.


A/N: Hello again! Sorry for the delay. My laptop broke down but its functioning well now so hehe. Here's the action I promised. Hope you enjoyed it! Do subscribe and drop a comment! Thank you <333 ^^