fifteen

그냥 ((Just Because))

 

Taekwooon and Hakyeon had woke up to muffled sniffles by the bed. After tons more of tears and kisses were exchanged yesterday, they fell asleep on the bed together, a mix of tangled limbs and tear stained shirts. Taekwoon had placed Hakyeon's arm with the IV drip on his shoulder as a precaution incase he accidentally crushes that particular arm amongst their cuddling. Taekwoon sat up blinking sleepily as he gazed around the room, eyes landing on the figure of the 4 huddling boys on the couch before falling on an old man by their bed, eyes falling softly onto Hakyeon's body. This is Hakyeon's father he realised, the smile and eyes giving it away. Hakyeon slowly arised from his slumber ( due to the lost of body heat next to him ), hands rubbing groggily at his eyes. Still half asleep and oblivious to the outside world, he groaned as he burried his face into Taekwoon's shouder. Taekwoon smiled fondly as he reached over and ran his hand through the thinning strands of Hakyeon's hair thus automatically reminding him of the future.Taekwoon felt his heart constricting painfully at the thoughts but was luckily brought back down to earth with Mr. Cha's voice.

 

"Taekwoon-sshi...."

Taekwoon shifted a litttle, letting Hakyeon rest his head on his lap. 

"...Yes?"

The old man's extended his hand and landed it softly on the crown of Taekwoon's head.

"Thank you."

A lone tear escaped his crinkly eyes as he smiled, turned away on his heels and walked out the door. Almost immediately the four boys scrambled on their feet and pounced over to Hakyeon, slowing down a little only after receiving Taekwoon's signature glare.

"Hyung..." Jaehwan began.

Hakyeon stirred and opened his eyes, jolting up when he saw his bandmates/

"What- Why are you here?!"

"Hyung... Why... Why didn't you tell us?"

Hakyeon suddenly laughed, confusing the other five.

"Is that even a question? You have more than enough burdens in your life. It is already painful enough for you to bear them. You need not bear another burden that woud eventually scar you forever. It's fine. I can handle this alone, on my own."

Tear glazed eyes stared back at him and Hakyeon offered a small bitter smile.

"Hyung, we should go out and spend the whole day together." Hongbin barely manages to choke out, desperate to enlighten the heavy atmosphere. Hakyeon effectively brightened up.

"Sure, why not! I'll have the nurses pull out the needle in a minute. Go wait outside and maybe you should heat up the car first. I'll tag along soon~" the bright smile and tone Hakyeon wears only serves to increase the gloom in the heart of his audience.

 

///

 

Their gleeful shrieks fills the arcade as their cars bumped into each other. The dizzy boys stumbled out their cars, laughs still ringing in the air as they continued to crack jokes.

"Wonshik did you seriously doze off when we were screaming like ghosts back there? You're in a critical state man. Go get a psychatrist!"

"Ah, Han Sanghyuk! No one was after my and I got bored so excuse my cute small eyes for looking as if they fell asleep when I am actually wide awake!" Wonshik waved his hands around exasperately, eliciting an even louder laugh from the rest.
 

"Okay people, That's it. That's the last ride. We promised."

"Awww.... N hyung! Please let us have at least another ride!" Sanghyuk pouted, a habit he had forcefully gane after hanging out and playing games with Jaehwan too much.

Hakyeon frowned, his curfew is nearing. But he decided that rules are meant to be broken afterall and there is nothing left to be scared of.The time, his time will come, curfew or not and it is definite, certain. Besides, he had given up on miracles the moment he ran out the cafe 3 days prior. So with that thought in mind, he pulled out his wallet, handing over a few notes to Jaehwan.

"Very well then. Go get some Dippin Dots ice cream and catch up on a few more rides. Let's meet here again in an hour, deal?"

"Deal! Thank you hyung!" The younger members hopped and skipped away, not even bothering to ask about him and Taekwoon after receiving winks and kissy faces from Jaehwan.

Taekwoon silently pulls Hakyeon's wrist to a hill at the end  of the amusement park. It had a really dramatic setting with a tree on top and a picnic mat right below the tree.

It looks like someone's being all sappy tonight~ Hakyeon mentally snickers. Oh, this might be something he would definitely enjoy using to blackmail and tease his lovely, shy Jung Taekwoon. Taekwoon sat down and motioned for Hakyeon to join him, to sit next to him. But Hakyeon being Hakyeon, decided to sit in Taekwoon's laps instead so Taekwoon parted his legs, welcoming Hakyeon's warm presence, an assurance to him that Hakyeon is still here, still with him, still within his grasps and fingertips.Hakyeon climbed into the open legs and leaned against the muscular, broad chest that he had come to go crazy over. Taekwoon sighed contently. He missed this so much. He missed Hakyeon's warmth, Hakyeon's scent and the way Hakyeon fits perfectly in between their body, as if shouting to the world that they are meant to be. That this is fate.Taekwoon rested his chin on Hakyeon's head, inhaling the banana-vanila-ish syampoo of his. Taekwoon felt tears prickling his eyes as he observed how Hakyeon is relaxed and happy enough to just be in his arms, he knows that this is the time when Hakyeon would let all his guards down, all the masks flung far away. Even if Hakyeon loves talking but Taekwoon does not, Hakyeon never complains and never forces him into talking. He had never demand Taekwoon to utter cheesy lines or even 'I Love You'. Hakyeon sticks true to his words till the end. He loves Taekwoon just the way he is. He loves Taekwoon although he is far from perfection. When Taekwoon opens his mouth to speak, his voice came out small and quivering.

"Hakyeon...?" Taekwoon then realises that Hakyeon had been crying his fair share of tears as well. His tears dripped down steadily as he tightens his grip on Taekwoon's arms around his waist

"Mm?"

"Hakyeon, please. Please stay... Fight it Hakyeon.Fight it for VIXX, for your father for Starlights. and for me."

"........"

"Hakyeon, please stay, Hakyeon. I cannot do this without you, I cannot do this alone.Please don't leave me. I need you Hakyeon. You know that, you know me, right? "

"Shhh.... It's okay Taekwoon. I'm right here right now, aren't I?"

He caresses Taekwoon's arm lovingly and Taekwoon felt warm droplets falling down a tad bit more rapidly onto his arm. He slowly turned the light latter's body to face him and wiped the tears away with his thumbpads.

"But I want you to stay, to be with me forever. I lost you once but I won't lose you again Hakyeon, please."

"I- I can't promise you that. But you'll be fine Taekwoon. It's just like those days I have an extra schedule..."

"But you won't be coming back this time, Hakyeon-ah. You won't even answer my calls.."

"I love you Jung Taekwoon. More than you could ever know. I love you and I treasure you more than I treasure myself. I would do anything, anything to take this pain, your pain away. But there is nothing no one can do about this. It's all a jumble, a tangled knot  that could only be undone by a sacrifice and for you, I would be the sacrifice"

"Hakyeon... I love you too. I'm sorry I know I should have say it when there was still much time left and not rush it because now, no matter how many times I say it, it will never suffice. I love you Hakyeon, I really do. I love you with all my heart and soul I love you so much..."

The sobbing got worse and the sun was long set.

"I am scared, Taekwoon. I'm so scared. Everyday I wake up feeling panicked. What if I can't open my eyes? What if I can't see you again? What if I don't get the chance to say I love you for the last time? I'm so scared Taekwoon, save me...."

Taekwoon couldn't find the right words to say because honestly, he felt exactly the same and he was luckily, thankfully given the chance to repent and express his sorry heart to Hakyeon. And so, he hugged the trembling boy as he mumbed 'I love you' into his hair again and again and again.

Their four audience wiped their silent tears away.