eleven

그냥 ((Just Because))

2 MONTHS

 

"Hakyeon, I'm begging you. Please. This is for your sake. It will be beneficial for no one but yourself."

 

"I will do it if you can promise me that it can cure me completely."

 

"H-Hakyeon... We both know that is impossible. You are at the critical-"

 

"Then I will neither do it nor listen to another suggestion about doing it. It serves no purpose. I only have 2 months to tick off the calendar and what if by doing it my time is shortened. I- I am not ready for this. You know it just came hitting me out of no where, right? You, I expect you to understand me more than anyone else. Do you think I like this? I am nowhere near accomplishing my dreams and this happens. I had been in a relationship with the one I love for only 4 months. I haven't even got the chance to do all the fairy-tale love scenes and you want me to crush my already crushed life by telling Taekwoon? By undergoing all these? Heck, I'd skip chemotherapy if I could. I am doing it just for the sake of Taekwoon. I need more time with him, please. Please understand me."

 

The doctor tugged on his strands of hair harshly before letting out a frustrated sigh.

 

"Fine, have it your way. You'd probably exhaust yourself alternating between your schedules, chemotherapy and the preparation of yours."

 

"Anything for Taekwoon." Hakyeon replied with a sad smile, successfully ending the appointment.

 

///

 

 

It's hard. This is hard for him. It is starting to worry him on how Taekwoon starts to wait for him to return from his 'so-called-schedule'. At times, he'd walk in the dorm to find Taekwoon perched on the couch, sipping at his mug of hot chocolate. The latter would immediately pounce on Hakyeon. littering kisses on his neck and mumbling sweet phrases into his ears softly;

"Where have you been?" "I miss you." "Why are you late?" "Are you okay?"

And every time Taekwoon said those sweet phrases, Hakyeon's heart clenched with unbearable pain. He feels guilty for making Taekwoon wait upon something he is not so sure of.  What is he waiting for? What is Jung Taekwoon waiting for? Is he waiting for Hakyeon? If so, he is certainly wasting his time. Hakyeon’s existence is ticking, slipping, melting away.If only he could stop wasting Taekwoon's precious time.

 But sometimes, Hakyeon would come home and find Taekwoon asleep on the couch, curled like a fetus, cheeks puffing out slightly and fringe covering his eyes slightly. Tonight was such nights, the only difference was that Taekwoon is lying on his back with his arms draped on his toned abdomen.

 

Hakyeon made his way slowly towards the couch and smiled fondly as he caressed Taekwoon's cheeks. Suddenly, he was yanked forward, falling onto Taekwoon's chest. He could sense Taekwoon flashing his infamous endearing sleepy smile and he brought his face up to meet him in the eyes.

 

"Hello there. I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" he whispered, worried that he would wake the rest of their members up.

 

"I wasn't really asleep. Are you okay? You smell like the hospital ugh. How was your check-up? Did you ask the doctor about the shivers?"

 

Hakyeon swallowed back his tears that threatened to fall and wet Taekwoon's hoodie. Why can't he just tell Taekwoon? He could easily tell Taekwoon everything, get over it and let him hold his smaller framer against his chest and comfort him. But, no. It is not that easy. No. He should not hurt Taekwoon. Taekwoon isn't supposed to know. He must protect Taekwoon from the tears that he himself shed silently every night, seeking refugee in the safety the velvety darkness night brought with it.

 

"I-It's fine as usual. The shivers? He said that to cure it, you must always cuddle with me-" Hakyeon yelped when he felt Taekwoon nipping at his neck.

 

"Hakyeon...” he growled.

 

"Hakyeon, you know that I'd always be there for you right. I will protect you from hurting."

 

Hakyeon felt suffocated with emotions and he could feel the first drop of tear approaching his cheek. He scrambled up and pushed himself away from Taekwoon, restraining himself from burying his face into the latter's neck and cry because he knows that once he starts he can't stop. Eventually, everything would be leaked out and there is no one to blame for Taekwoon's tears and pained expression except for Hakyeon and his big mouth.

 

"I-I'm fine Taekwoon. Let me shower and then we could cuddle, okay?"

 

I am far from fine Taekwoon, save me. Take these pain away.

 

///


A/N: Hello again! Sorry for the short update, this will definitely go somewhere in a few more chapters I promise. ^^  Do subscribe and comment! Thankyou to the 112 subscribers. I love you! <333