sixteen

그냥 ((Just Because))

Taekwoon woke up with a start when he felt the cold draft from the empty spot next to him. His heart raced as he jumped down from the bed and began to frantically search for the missing man. He sighed out in relief when he spotted Hakyeon standing at the balcony. He fetched his coat on the couch before walking towards Hakyeon.

 

"Hakyeon.... You might catch a cold."

 

He wrapped the coat around both their bodies and froze when he felt Hakyeon's body shaking badly.

 

"....Hakyeon....?"

 

Hakyeon turned around and burried his face into Taekwoon's broad chest, hands weakly at the thin material in front of him.

 

"Taekwoon... I - Can we s-sit first?"

 

Taekwoon walked backwards until his knees hit the chair behind him. Then it dawned upon him. 

 

"Hakyeon- No. It can't be..... What is happening?"

 

Hakyeon broke out into cold sweats and he continued to shake tremendously, the pain too much for him to bear.

 

"Taekwoon... It's okay.. Stay with me-"

 

He fell into a series of of cough and Taekwoon finally, finally understands. He understands completely.

This is it.

 

 

 

"Hakyeon, Hakyeon. Hakyeon listen. I'm here, I'm right here. Let me just call the doctor okay?"

 

 

He is trying not to cry. Hakyeon is trying not to cry. They don't know what to do. What do they do? They don't want to part but Hakyeon, Hakyeon needs immediate help.

 

 

"Taekwoon... N-No. It's f-fine really.I just want to be with you."

 

 

Hakyeon whispered and circled his arms around Taekwoon's neck as if acting like an anchor to ensure him that Taekwoon is not going anywhere.

 

 

"Shhh.... Hakyeon.. Please.... Hakyeon. I love you. I love you so much Hakyeon."

 

 

"Taekwoon... I have s-something to tell you. Happy- Happy 6 months, Taekwoon. Thank you for the best 6 months of my life. I am sorry for hurting you, for not being able to be the best for you. You- you deserve someone way better than me Taekwoon."

 

 

Taekwoon decided that it was probably the best to shut him up with his lips, thus he kissed him.

 

 

"Taekwoon...."

 

 

His voice was weakening and Taekwoon fought back his tears, body trembling with immense emotions.

 

 

"Yes, Hakyeon. I'm here. I'm right here. I'll be fine, you'll be fine. It's okay, it's alright...."

 

"Taekwoon, all those nights I came home late, I am sorry...."

 

"I forgive you, I forgive everything although I know you had barely did anything, barely did any harm in our relationship..."

 

"No..I- besides Chemotherapy, I did went somewhere Taekwoon."

 

"W-what?"

 

"After chemo, I would go to the Sv Park near our dorm. I went there everyday without fail. Can you do me a favour?"

 

" I-I ..... Of course I will."

 

"Tomorrow when everything is over and had settled down, please go to the park. I have a surprise for you. I hope you like it. Promise?" 

 

 

A sudden cough racked through Hakyeon's body and Taekwoon felt all his resolution, his composure, his tears and his feels all got bombed and they just come raining down on him hard when he saw the blood trickling down the corner of Hakyeon's lips.

 

 

"NO, NO HAKYEON. I PROMISE I WILL GO. STAY WITH ME PLEASE. WE'LL MAKE IT THERE TOGETHER TOMORROW HAKYEON JUST PLEASE..... please.... Please stay. Don't go. Don't leave me.... Hakyeon please."

 

 

Hakyeon let his pent up tears stream down his face. He was scared. So scared. But he couldn't be selfish, no. If he had to pretend to protect Taekwoon from all these pain that are caused by none other than himself, he would. He will pretend with all of his might, all of his power, will and strength. He will till the end of time, till the end of his breath, he will pretend as if he is not in pain. Although only god knows how much it hurts right now, he couldn't even breathe. His chest feels like it would explode at any moment, his lungs felt as if they were on fire, every breathe he inhales feels.like inhaling milions of tiny needles. It hurts. It hurts so much all over his body. But he  covers it. He tried to show his void of any emotion face. But Hakyeon is tired. He could pretend no more. Just because he is tired of pretending... This would be his last act. The very last one just for his Taekwoonie. The Taekwoon that he would do anything for.

Hakyeon brought his shivering hand up and wiped Taekwoon's tears away. He looked into the pair of eyesthat to him, was the whole universe. The pair of eyes that provide him warmth, love and comfort. The pair of eyes that if only people knows Taekwoon exactly the way Hakyeon knows and reads him like an open book, they would know. They would know that all the lack of emotions, all that Taekwoon does not show, they are right there, in those pair of eyes. All bottled up in case he gets hurt and hurts those around gim. Taekwoon is just like that. Funny and just the way Hakyeon loves him

 

"Taekwoon, my p-precious Taekwoonie. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I caused you a lot of pain, didn't I? I'm sorry Taekwoon. I really am. I want to stay tok. I don 't want to leave you... but I can't, Taekwoon. I tried. I really did. I'm just not strong enough. But you, you are strong Taekwoon. Just like the little Leo you are. You'll be fine Taekwoon...."

 

"Hakyeon- Hakyeon please.... I love you, I forgive you. Please forgive me too Hakyeon. I've never been able to state how much I need you, how much I appreciate you. All those little things to you, they are huge, humongous for me, Hakyeon. I love you Cha Hakyeon..."

"I love you too, sweetheart. Taek, do you remember the first day we met? That day, I realised that I am truly screwed. This beautiful boy will be training with me? I was so happy when it was announced that we were going to debut together. I was filled up to the brim with happiness... "

Despite the situation, Taekwoon couldn't help the tug at the corner of his lips.

"Hakyeon, you will be looking after me from above, yeah? Help me look after the kids? You'll just not be here physically but you'll be with me spirituality?"

"Y-yes. Of course love. Never forget that, alright? I know that you can get through this. Just, don't worry about it."

 

The comfortable silence that followed was broken when Hakyeon felt his breathing unevening as he gripped onto Taekwoon's arms tighter. Taekwoon held him closer, tighter,  knowing very well of what is to come. 

 

"Kiss me."

 

And Taekwoon did just that. He kissed Hakyeon despite the metalic taste of blood that lingered in his cavern. He kissed the soft, full lips that fits and mold into his just perfectly. The lips that he will certainly miss and will never find a replacement of. The lips that knows just the right things to say, to comfort him. The lips that always whispers neverending I love you's. And most importantly, the owner of the pair of lips that completes his life.

 

"Taekwoon....Jung Taekwoon. I love you."

 

And Taekwoon could do nothing but stare and scream silently as he observed Hakyeon's heavy breathing slowed down to a stop as the very last words and the very last voice leaves Hakyeon's lips that then curved upwards slightly, quivered and froze in place. And his eyes, Gosh... Hakyeon's beautiful sparkling eyes. He watched the light in his eyes flicker as the last words left him and the light died as Hakyeon closed his eyes forever.

 

"Hakyeon...Cha Hakyeon... Thank you for everything."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: *hides and whispers*

This is not the end I swear. Stay tuned! Do subscribe and comment please. ^^  Upvotes are always welcomed and loved 💕💕