Jerk

그냥 ((Just Because))

 

 

"Oh, God. Taekwoon you scared me. Wasn't the door locked? How'd you get in here?" he tightened his grip on the towel.

 

"...... It wasn't locked. What are you doing? Why aren't you asleep?"

 

"Wh-What do you mean what am I doing. I am doing my business of course."

 

"... Go to sleep Hakyeon." Taekwoon stated as he shoved Hakyeon out and locked the door. Hakyeon breathed out a sigh of relief as he trudged his way back to his room.

 

//////

 

"Hyung! Why are you wearing a long sleeved shirt, its so hot its burning in here!" Jaehwan whines upon Hakyeon's arrival. He swallowed the lump forming in his throat.

 

"Eyyy. Ken hyung, N hyung is trying to avoid being darker don't you know? He left his sun block back in Changwon." Hongbin chimed in. Hakyeon's body went rigid even as his hands moved automaticaly, aiming for Hongbin's neck.

 

"Yah, you jerk! Am not. I just feel like wearing one okay." 

 

"N hyung don't be like that. Let's get tanned together, this summer!" Ravi cheered.

 

"Yah, Kim Wonshik! I swear-"

 

"N hyung, its okay no matter how much time you spend under the sun your skin can't get any darker!" The dongsaeng line bursts into laughter.

 

"Hakyeon, don't be ridiculous. You are being childish." 

 

" But I wasn't doing it because of that!"   

 

I have scars on my arms thanks to yesterday.

 

"Yeah, sure hyung." Ravi retorted.

 

And Hakyeon felt himself shifting into the auto-pilot mode for the umpteenth time that week.

 

//////

 

Will they ever realise? Why is he so weak? Why can't he fight them? Oh, right. He loves them. He'd do anything to see their smiles after a long day of schedules. Their smiles, their laughter. These small things are huge and precious to him. Especially when it concerns a certain feline-like boy that he is falling for again and again and again. Each time deeper. What should he do? He wanted to profess his undying love because it hurts real bad from keeping it all bottled up inside. But he doesn't think that his weak heart can take yet another form of rejection, this time on a serious account with Taekwoon. He is so stupid for falling for him at the first place. He should have known better than to mess around with matters involving the heart.

 

Hakyeon watched as the members splashed around happily in the pool. He slowly dipped his feet into the cool water, choosing to relax and enjoy the not so cold night while his eyes started scanning for a certain male. As he was day dreaming, someone sneaked up behind him and pushed him into the water. Hakyeon did not even have time to respond before he was surrounded by pitch darkness. Taekwoon chuckled as he watched Hakyeon in amusement; hands and legs flailing around. As he surfaces, he saw Taekwoon squatting, silently giggling. The fire of rage in his heart quickly died down. 

 

"Yah, Jung Taekwoon! Do you think that's funny? I could've died because I wasn't ready and I could also get muscle cramps for god's sake- Are you laughing? Yah! I'm gonna get you!" He grinned as he swam towards Taekwoon. Taekwoon stood up and jumped into the pool, not even a tiny bit afraid of Hakyeon. Hakyeon was taken aback by the action and suddenly, Taekwoon was the one chasing after him.

 

"Wait, wait! Taekwoon!" he screached as he fumbled up the swimming pool edge. The edge was slippery and Hakyeon being wet does not help in generating friction. As a result, he fell back into the pool, embracing himself for the hit of the cold water. Instead he was greated with a pair of strong arms wrapped around him. As he turned around, Taekwoon was smiling down at him.

 

"Taek-Tae-Taekwoon." he stuttered.

 

"Be careful. You might get lost in this pool."

 

"Wha-What?"

 

"We might not be able to find you as you camouflage yourself amongst the dark waters." Taekwoon grinned.

 

And Hakyeon's smiley face fell. He wriggled his way out of Taekwoon's arms as he hit him in the chest.

 

"Jerk." he mumbled, holding in the tears that threatened to fall.

 

That night, Hakyeon visited his safe place an hour earlier than usual.

 

 


A/N: Nahhh. Chapter 2. I am sorry if this is moving too fast but I am having some kind of difficulties what not with the never ending exams next week. Thank you for subscribing, you lovely people. Thank you for your comments too!<333

xx,

ririN