Wrong beauty

Man In Love trilogy - first book #1 | VKook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was late for school, again. He forgot his mother couldn’t wake him up that morning, as she had to go even earlier than usual to her job.

Jungkook had forgotten to put on his own alarm, and therefore was late. That day was the day everyone in the Art class had to turn in what they had worked on sometimes in classes to draw something beautiful. Jungkook had drawn a beautiful landscape with a sunrise in the background. He was very pleased with it, and put the envelope in his bag and ran out of the house. He was a few minutes late, but the teacher let it go with a warner. He was going to be careful to not be late anymore. When he sat on his seat, he had noticed the second he walked inside the classroom that the boy he fancied wasn’t there. He thought he was still tired and couldn’t see properly, but that wasn’t the case. He really wasn’t there.

Jungkook handed in his envelope where the painting of the landscape he had drawn for the simple assignment. The teacher thanked him as he turned it in, and he sat back down at his seat again. Today’s Thursday, he thought to himself. But what really couldn’t escape his mind was why Taehyung wasn’t there. He missed the boy sitting beside him. He missed the boy himself.

“Why look so depressed?” said a sudden voice that snapped Jungkook out of his thinking world and back to reality. He quickly glanced up and spotted the face he had been missing and thinking about.

“N-Nothing in particular. Why are you late?” Jungkook asked to create another topic. He was even surprised Taehyung said anything as he sat down beside him. What made him want to talk to him? Jungkook had heard from him ‘You’re annoying’, one time, and it hurt him. It was a couple of weeks ago and Jungkook was walking with his friends, BTS. Jungkook spotted the pretty boy waiting for food in the cafeteria, tempting Jungkook to talk to him. As soon as the boy spotted his friends behind him, he retreated right away, and Jungkook noticed. That’s when he said, “You’re annoying”. Jungkook’s friends heard him of course, and had to make a big deal out of it whilst Taehyung ran away from them.

“How dare he?!”, “Who does he think he is?!” and “Does he want to die?!” His friends kept on screaming after the stubborn boy, but Jungkook stopped them for attacking him. He was hurt by the words, but he figured that it was mostly to act tough in front of them. He knew something had happened between them, and he was determined to find out what it was.

“Don’t act like you weren’t late as well. I saw you from a distance running through the main entry in high speed, red all over your face”, he said with a small giggle that Jungkook witnessed. Seeing the active Taehyung surprised him.

“You talk more than usual”, Jungkook decided to comment on, and Taehyung didn’t say anything and just sat down at his seat.

“I do?” Jungkook nodded with a big smile on his face. He was happy. It meant he made an effect on him. Taehyung was opening to Jungkook. “Did you mean it?” Taehyung suddenly asked, surprising Jungkook after they were silent for a few seconds.

“Mean what?”

“When you presented me as your friend to your mom. Do you consider me as a friend?” Jungkook was surprised, but he nodded in respond, and saw a small smile on Taehyung’s face. “No one has done that in a long time. I’m glad. I’m sorry I was rude to you before, I won’t be anymore”. Jungkook couldn’t help but to smile big. He wanted to say something when the teacher suddenly came up to them.

“Crush paintings aren’t allowed”, she said sternly as she threw Jungkook’s painting at the desk in front of him. The picture was showing, and both Jungkook’s and Taehyung’s eyes widen when they saw it. It was the painting Jungkook was drawing in secret of Taehyung. Jungkook realised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter