Journal Entry 7

The Impossible

Take your hand away from my heart; move out from my heart – Ghost – Spica

 

            Dear Gege,

            On Saturday is the day of the Dream Academy open house. Myungsoo and I are more then ready to perform for the future students and parents that will be visiting. Ms. Park is thoroughly pleased with the work we have done for this performance. My whole class, Myungsoo’s friends, and our parents are going to be there as well. I hope everything will go well for the performance.

 

            “All right Myungsoo see you tomorrow at twelve in the music room,” I said. We had spent the last hour doing the last rehearsal before the performance tomorrow. “I’m excited.”

            “Me too,” Myungsoo said. We picked up our backpacks heading down the flights of stairs to the front of the school. “Well see you tomorrow Yixing.” He patted me on the back before leaving.

            “Let’s go!” Chanyeol said clapping me on the back. I turned to look up seeing Chanyeol smiling down at me. “We’re going out to get bubble tea.”

            “Just you and me?” I asked. “No one else from the class is going to go with us?” Chanyeol just smiled as we walked out of the school before we got to the school gate seeing Sehun and Tao waiting for us.

            “Finally,” Tao muttered. “I’m hungry.” The four of us left the school heading to the closest bubble teashop, follow Sehun’s lead. One thing about him was the fact that he loved bubble tea with a passion. We could be anywhere in Seoul and Sehun would know the closest bubble tea place to us.

            “So tomorrow we’re all meeting up at school at twelve thirty to see your one o’clock performance,” Chanyeol said as we got in line at the bubble teashop. “We’re really excited.”

            “Y-y-yes we a-a-are,” Sehun said before ordering his chocolate bubble tea and strawberry cake. “I-I know you a-are go-ing to do gr-eat Y-yixing h-hyung.”

            “Thank you Sehun,” I said smiling. Once all our orders were placed we sat down at a table talking about weekend plans. After the open house it had been decided mostly by Kris that we were all going out to the arcade and to eat fried chicken. Since everyone liked both of those things we all agreed.

            “So is Joonmyeon going to be at the open house too?” Tao asked once we had gotten our bubble teas and cake slices.

            “Yes he said he would be there,” I answered. “He hasn’t stopped talking to me about it to be honest. He is excited to see me performing again.” I sipped on my watermelon bubble tea.

            “Are we going to meet him after the performance this time?” Chanyeol asked looking at me. “I mean all we have is heard of Joonmyeon and all of his greatness but never gotten the chance to meet him.”

            “Don’t worry,” I said. “You guys and everyone else will be able to meet Joonmyeon. I promise.” Sehun looked at his cake, as Chanyeol looked away. I could tell all of them were very skeptical. “You guys don’t believe me?”

            “W-well the t-t-thing is Y-y-yixing,” Sehun began still refusing to look up at me. None of them had their eyes on me. “I-it is just that… that w-we h-have heard so m-much a-about Joon-myeon hyung b-but…”

            “But what?” I asked. I took a deep breath, sipping on the cool bubble tea. I slowly felt my face getting heated up. Were my friends trying to say something about my friendship with Joonmyeon.

            “I just thought by now we would’ve met Joonmyeon hyung by now,” Chanyeol said finishing Sehun’s words. “But it’s been months and we’ve never even seen a picture of Joonmyeon hyung, let alone see him around the school.”

            “That’s because he’s busy,” I said gripping onto the table. “Are you guys saying you think he isn’t real?” I turned to look at the three of them glaring at them. “What the hell do you guys think?”

            “Well,” Tao said quietly. “It seems like he is there for you. But no one else knows or has even heard of him… Not even Kris, Luhan, or Minseok hyung.” Tao looked at me cautiously.

            “You know what,” I said standing up, slamming my bubble tea onto the table. I felt the cup break in my hand, but ignored it as I felt the glass slowly puncturing the skin of my hand. “Joonmyeon is real and if you don’t believe that, then that’s on you. I’m not hungry anymore.” I grabbed my backpack before leaving the bubble tea place.

            “Yixing!” I heard Chanyeol’s voice call out to me, but I broke out into a run not wanting to hear them. I didn’t even care if they were watching me run down the street.

            I don’t know how far I ran but by the time I stopped I was sweaty and out of breath and I didn’t recognize any of the buildings around me. I began to walk as I made my way to a park, sitting down on a bench. I was just glad to be by myself.

            I looked down at my hand, seeing is covered in blood mixed with the slush from the bubble tea. I looked around for a bathroom or a water fountain to clean my hand but there were none in sight. I kicked at the ground before just staying there. My hand could wait. I just wanted to calm down my nerves right now. I couldn’t believe my friends were acting like this.

            “Are you okay sir?” a voice asked breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up staring up at Luhan. “Oh Yixing it’s just you. I didn’t recognize you for a minute.” He looked at my hand, eyes widening. “What happened to your hand?”

            “I don’t wan to talk about it,” I muttered. Luhan helped me up. I didn’t want to be bothered but he insited on taking me to the nearest store to clean up my hand, saying something about my hand getting infected if it wasn’t cleaned.

            Soon my hand was covered in a bandage and all the broken glass was thrown in the trashcan. Luhan refused to leave my side as we walked down the street.

            “Mind telling me what happened now?” Luhan asked. I finally saw that Luhan was wearing jogging sweats and workout wear. “Why was your hand all bloody? Did you get into a fight?”

            “Sort of,” I answered as we walked slowly down the street. “I went out to bubble tea with Chanyeol, Sehun, and Tao and we talked about the open house performance tomorrow. Then they started questioning Joonmyeon hyung. So I stormed out of there.”

            “What did they say about Joonmyeon?” Luhan asked as he swung some weights in his hands. I looked at him shaking my head at his silly actions. Luhan was still focused on loosing his twenty or something pounds, even though he was skinny enough as it is.

            “They were questioning if he was real or not,” I said after a while. “Making it seem like maybe I made Joonmyeon hyung up. I mean I have know him for six years and he is my best friend. I couldn’t have made up a whole person like that.” Luhan shrugged not saying anything for a while. “Do you believe he is real?”

            “Of course,” Luhan said after a while. “I’m sure we will get to meet him soon. And when we do I’m sure we will like him as much as you like him.” Luhan gave me a semi-reassuring smile, patting my back. (I should’ve realized back then that Luhan didn’t believe in Joonmyeon hyung either.)

            “I got to go,” Luhan said after a while. “Do you need help getting back to your house?” I nodded my head, before Luhan began to write down the directions and instructions to get back to the school. “I’m going to the gym now.”

            “Luhan hyung wait,” I said grabbing onto his hand. “Look at this.” I put my phone in front of him with the camera on as he stared at himself in the phone.

            “What is it?” Luhan asked. “I see myself in desperate need to go to the gym. Look at my cheeks, they are huge.” I shook my head sighing. “They are Yixing.”

            “No they aren’t,” I said, putting my phone away. “Luhan you weight like one hundred twenty pounds if not less by now. You are already the skinniest guy in our class. Stop. You if you get to thin you’re going to look like a skeleton. Don’t workout so much. You don’t need it, and I can probably vouch for everyone else that you are already too skinny.” I left him standing their holding his arm weights as I got to the bus stop.

            I had hoped that my stupid words of advice would reach Luhan. If he kept on getting skinnier and throwing up, there would be nothing left of him.

____________________

 

            “You guys are going to do excellent,” Ms. Park said. “Let’s take a picture to celebrate this event.” Ms. Park handed her camera to Chanyeol as she stood in between Myungsoo and I.

            “Kimchi,” we said before Chanyeol took the picture of us. He handed the camera back to Ms. Park as we saw our smiling faces in our matching outfits.

            “You guys look really cute,” Minseok said eyeing us with his lollipop in his mouth. “Myungsoo, I don’t think I met you yet.” Minseok extended his hand to Myungsoo for a handshake.

            “Myungsoo if you give him your hand consider yourself the next victim,” Luhan said shaking his head. “That lollipop is for his practice.”

            “Practice?” Myungsoo asked. He handed his hand to Minseok shaking it. “What practice?” Kris whispered in Myungsoo’s ear and we saw his face falter before he smiled again.

            “Nice hands man,” Minseok said rubbing Myungsoo’s hand in between his own. “Do you want to see your hands put to good use?” Minseok wriggled his eyebrows at Myungsoo with an evil smirk on his face. “I haven’t.”

            “Okay,” Jongdae said clamping his hand over Minseok’s mouth. “Myungsoo, Yixing, good luck on your performance, we’re going to be watching from the audience. Let’s go now guys.” Kris and Luhan helped push everyone away from the backstage as Myungsoo and I smiled at each other.

            “Ready?” I asked. “Our month of rehearsing is going to be paid off. We’re going to kick some serious out there.” Myungsoo nodded his head as we fist bumped each other. “To Myungsoo and Yixing.”

            “To Yixing and Myungsoo,” Myungsoo said smiling. “Come here.” Myungsoo wrapped his arms around me. “If it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t have learned the dance so quickly. You’re seriously one of the most talented people I’ve ever met.”

            “And I’ve never met someone as handsome as you,” I said. And that was the truth. Myungsoo was seriously one of the most handsome men in the whole entire school and he had quite the fanboy and fangirl base to prove it.

            “Ladies and gentlemen,” Ms. Park said on the stage. “We have a special treat for all the prospective students and parents. This is the first year we’ve put together a performance to give a taste of the student life at Dream Academy. So without anymore waiting please give a warm hand to Myungsoo and Yixing!” The crowd cheered mainly our friends as we walked out onto the stage.

            “Hello,” Myungsoo said as we took a bow to the audience. “I am Myungsoo of class three.” He flashed an award winning smile to the audience.

            “I am Yixing,” I said giving the audience my dimpled smile. “And I am from the special class. And we’re going to be performing AKMU’s 200%.” The spotlight hit us as the music started playing and I began the song with my rap part.

            Myungsoo and I looked at each other before he started the singing part as we danced along to the song. We continued on with the performance hitting every move effortlessly and every lyric perfectly.

            “It must be L.O.V.E.,” we said as we finished the song. We hit the final pose as the audience burst into loud screams and applause.

            We took our final bow to the audience before exiting off the stage immediately bombarded by my classmates.

            “You guys were freaking awesome!” Jongin said clapping us both on the backs. “You seriously killed it out there!”

            “Congrats guys,” Kris said smiling at us. “Of course I could’ve done just as well. I mean obviously.”

            “Yeah yeah,” Tao said rolling his eyes. He poked Kris in the arm as Kris smiled at the younger male.

            “Seriously though,” Kris said. “I am a natural born performer. About half of Korea wishes they had a face like this.” He shoved his face in Tao’s face. “See?”

            “Let’s hit up that fried chicken now!” Jongdae yelled. “Let’s eat and then chill at the arcade!” We all screamed in happiness as we made our way out of the school.

            “Want to come with us?” I asked looking at Myungsoo. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. Are you busy?”

            “Sorry I got another thing planned,” Myungsoo said. “Sorry Yixing. Maybe next time I will be able to make it.” He waved goodbye to us before heading to his group of friends as they took off in the other direction.

            “Let’s hit the fried chicken up!” Kyungsoo yelled. Kyungsoo and Jongin ran down the street leaving us to hurry up and catch up to them. “Hurry up!”

            “Yixing,” Baekhyun said as we were walking. He tugged on my sleeve looking at me. “Where is Joonmyeon?” I looked around noticing that I hadn’t seen him in the audience.

            “I don’t know,” I answered feeling my heart hurt a little. “He wasn’t in the audience when I was up on stage.”

            “Do you think he didn’t make it?” Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol walked next to him holding his hand. “Was he sick?”

            “Beats me,” I said shrugging my shoulders. “Anyways, I’m out with my friends and I’m ready to have fun. I’ll talk to Joonmyeon hyung some other day.” We made it to the fried chicken place heading inside as Kris ordered a ton of fried chicken for us. The waiter swore we wouldn’t be able to finish all the chicken but you can never underestimate the stomachs of eleven hungry teenagers.

            “Well let’s cheers it up,” Minseok said standing up. “To Yixing who was one half of the school’s AKMU.” We all lifted our soda cans clinking with each other. “Let’s eat!” We all began to dig in to the five different kinds of fried chicken we had devouring it. Today had definitely been a really good day, even if Joonmyeon hadn’t made it to the performance.

            “Thank you guys,” I said smiling at everyone. “I’m so happy you all are treating me to this delicious fried chicken.” I’d never had any friend buy me anything before and I was truly grateful.

 

            I cried myself to sleep again. This has been going on for quite some time. I want to be better, I truly do, but every time I try to take one step forward I get sent two steps back. I want to see my friends and family again, but I can’t do that. I miss everyone. More so then ever I miss you Gege more then ever. I haven’t thought about what happened in the past with you for a while, but my memories are surfacing again.

            ~ Yixing

____________________________________________

As you can see more drama is being created! Now Yixing's friends are questioning him about Joonmyeon. Anyways thank you all that have commented. I hope you like the update, and leave a comment. Thank you

~ALSK20