Journal Entry 1

The Impossible

One fine day, a warm day. The day you blew over to me with the wind. One fine day, a day I can never go back to – One Fine Day – Yonghwa

 

             Dear Gege,

            Today was my first day of school at my new high school, Dream Academy. I am in the special class that is a combination of first, second, and third years. I am the tenth person to join the class. The teacher Mr. Kim seems like a nice person, which is good. I don’t need anymore mean homeroom teachers.

           

            “Yixing,” mom said once she had parked the car in front of the school gates. “I want you to have a good first day at your new school. I think this will be the right school for you.”

            “I hope so mama,” I said, picking my backpack off the car floor. “I will see you when you pick me up.” I got out of the car, waving goodbye to her, as she drove off to her job. I looked at Dream Academy, the fancy school I was attending.

            Since I had started high school I had switched schools about three times before coming here. This was the start of my second year of high school and my mom and dad hoped this school would be the final switch for me. It already took my mom an hour to drive me from our house to this school.

            I entered the school heading to the main office to let the school know I was here. I entered the main office, heading to the secretary, handing her my transcript paper.

            “I am glad you are at Dream Academy, Yixing,” she said. “I hope you have a good school life at this school. Here is a map of the school, and your classroom is the circled one.”

            “Thank you,” I said, bowing my head, before leaving the main office heading off in the direction of the classroom.

            “Yixing!” a voice called to me. “Over here!” I turned my head, stopping as my friend Joonmyeon approached me. I had been friends with Joonmyeon for about six years. I had met him after my brother had took his life. I wouldn’t say Joonmyeon was completely like my brother, but he certainly had a lot of the same traits.

            “Joonmyeon!” I said smiling. “You go to this school too?” Joonmyeon nodded as we began to walk up the stairs. “Which classroom are you in?”

            “I’m in class three-two,” Joonmyeon said. He looked at my map looking at the classroom I was going to which was on the second floor, room number four. “Ahh the special class.”

            “Special class?” Yixing asked. “What is that supposed to mean?”

            “You’ll find out soon enough,” Joonmyeon said. “I got to get to class, see you later Yixing.” He patted me on the back before running off to his classroom, as I walked down the hallway stopping at room four. I opened the door, heading inside, immediately getting all eyes on me.

            “Are you Yixing?” the teacher asked from the podium at the front of the classroom. I nodded my head. “Great, you’re finally here. Class this is the new student I told you about last week, Yixing. Please introduce yourself.”

            “I am Yixing,” I said, bowing my head to the class. I looked at the people in the room only noticing eleven students. Where were the other people in the class? There was no way that this was an actual class. “I am a second year, and I was born in China but moved to Korea six years ago. I hope we can be friends.”

            “You may take the free seat next to Jongdae,” Mr. Kim said. “Jongdae please raise your hand.” I looked at the students waiting for the Jongdae to raise his hand. “Sorry Yixing,” Mr. Kim said. “Follow me.” I followed Mr. Kim as he walked down one of the rows of desks, before stopping at one kids desk. “Jongdae.”

            I looked at Jongdae who had a dazed look on his face. He was staring straight to the front of the classroom, but his eyes seemed to be a million miles away. Mr. Kim patted Jongdae on the shoulder, causing Jongdae to jump back to reality.

            “Yixing you may sit down here,” Mr. Kim said, motioning to the desk next to Jongdae. I sat down at the next as Mr. Kim went back to the front of the class.

            “Hi,” Jongdae said, turning to me. “I am Jongdae,” he flashed me a bright smile. “I’m sorry but I left the class for a while.” I looked at him with a confused face. “I have Depersonalization disorder.”

            “What is that?” I asked. I sat down my backpack on the floor, taking out my notebook and pencil. Jongdae had a disorder that I had never heard of.

            “Depersonalization disorder,” Jongdae repeated. “It means I repeatedly have the feeling that I am not myself, and feel like I am not in my own body and the things around me aren’t real. This is the special class after all. I am a second year student too.”

            “What do you mean by special class?” I asked. “I don’t understand why I am in the special class and not one of the main second year classrooms.” Jongdae nodded his head in understanding.

            “It means something is not right with you,” Jongdae explained. “You have some sort of disorder that affects you from being normal like the other students at this school. But from the looks of it, it seems like you had no clue that you have a disorder.”

            “I am a normal person,” I said frowning. “There is nothing wrong with me. I know the person I am.”

            “I guess so,” Jongdae said in a credulous tone. “Well according to everyone else you have something wrong with you, that they aren’t telling you about. Anyways you are the tenth person to enter the class.”

            “So there are no more people in the class?” I asked looking around. I noticed the class seemed to be separated. There were three students in the front row, then three people behind me. On Jongdae’s other side were three other students.

            “Nope this is it,” Jongdae said. “And they each have something wrong with them. And this class is mixed grade. The three people in the front are all first years, and the people in our row are second years, and the three people behind us are third years. The teacher is Kim Soohyun. He’s a pretty young teacher, only twenty-six, but he is the most qualified person to be teaching the special class.”

            “What disorders does everyone else have?” I asked looking around some more. “They all seem like normal people to me. I don’t see anything wrong with everyone. I don’t even see anything that wrong with you.”

            “Ahh thanks,” Jongdae said laughing a little. “But when I have my episodes it can get kind of scary. Well let’s see, we can start with the first years. The one on the left is Tao, he is also Chinese. You’re the fourth Chinese person to be in the class.” I looked at the person Jongdae was motioning at. He was a tall lanky student, with the fiercest face I had ever seen. He had bags under his eyes which made it seem like he didn’t get much sleep. “He suffers from bouts of depression. He can get depressed about anything from himself to something that doesn’t pertain to him. He is a pretty quiet person.

            “In the middle is Jongin.” Jongin was another tall student, with tan-ish skin. He was definitely a handsome guy and it looked like he knew it as well. The one thing I noticed was his gaze went all over the place and his hands were always moving, and his legs were moving under the desk. “He has ADHD, he has the most trouble focusing out of all of us. He gets bored really easily, and always has lots of energy, which is why he does dance. He is a pretty funny person, and easy to talk to.

            “The last first year is Sehun.” Sehun was also on the tall side, and was sporting blonde hair with streaks of pink, blue, and purple in it. He had a displeased expression on his face, giving one the feeling that he was not in a good mood. “He has a speech problem in which he stutters when he talks. Talking to him can be a little challenging, and he is generally a quiet person. His natural expression is one that doesn’t look happy but he is usually a content person.

            “Okay,” Jongdae said. “Moving on to the three people on my side, the other second years. First is Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo was shorter, chubby guy, which big eyes that could draw people in. The one thing that was noticeable about him was he had his papers and pencils all aligned perfectly and a bottle of hand sanitizer on his desk. “He has OCD and a fear of germs, hence the hand sanitizer on his desk. He has a fascination with cleaning and making everything clean. Everything has to be perfect for him to be content.

            “The one in the middle is Baekhyun.” He was about the same height as Kyungsoo, but he seemed less then Kyungsoo, not in weight but in personality. He had sort of a weak demeanor to him. “He has social anxiety. He hates being in the spotlight and is always afraid to draw attention to him. He cries when he has to present to the class especially if he is not notified. He’ll never talk to you first, you’ll have to do that. But he is a very nice person.

            “And lastly is Chanyeol for the second years.” Chanyeol was extremely tall and had large ears. He had a goofy grin on his face and a deep voice as he talked. “He seems like a fine person, but he suffers from Tourette’s. At least once a day it seems he’ll go into a fit of tics. It can be caused by pretty much anything and Baekhyun has to calm him down. They are super close with each other. He is definitely the happiest person in the classroom. You’ll like him, everyone does.

            “Lastly the third years,” Jongdae said as we turned around. “Let’s start with Minseok.” Minseok also short and had the resemblance to a hamster. He had a lollipop in his mouth. “He is the oldest out of all of us. He has istic Disorder, which means he has a ual attraction to certain things. For him it is lollipops and hands. So don’t give him your hand if he asks for it. Other then that he is a nice guy.

            “In the middle is Luhan.” Luhan had the most elegant and graceful features out of all the students. He was also the skinniest student in the class. “He is Chinese as well. He suffers from Bulimia. He doesn’t throw up as often as other Bulimic people, but he is obsessed with his weight, he takes pills to make him go to the bathroom and exercises a lot.  

            “Lastly is Kris.” Kris was a tall person with a displeased expression his face. He had a mirror on his desk that he picked up occasionally to check himself. “He is the other Chinese member, he is originally from Canada. He suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Talking to him he always is boosting himself up, and focused all on himself, but with his looks I can see why. He is definitely an attractive looking person.

            “So that is everyone in the special class,” Jongdae said. “And sooner or later I’m sure you’ll figure out the reason you are in this class. I hope we can be good friends Yixing, and that you’ll fit into the class despite everyone’s quirks.”

            “I hope we can be friends too,” I said smiling. “Maybe one day you can meet Joonmyeon, he is my best friend, he is also a third year at this school.”

            “Really?” Jongdae asked. “I will look forward to meeting him sometime. I’m sure he is a fun person.”

            At lunch the special class all ate together at the same table away from the majority of the other people in the lunchroom. I did feel like the school wanted to separate us from everyone, ad I didn’t like that, because I felt like I belonged in the regular second year class.

            “Yixing you’re Chinese right?” Luhan asked. I nodded my head as we all sat down at the lunch table, taking out my lunch. “That’s cool, you can speak Chinese with Kris, Tao, and I.”

            “That would be nice,” I said smiling. “I always feel more comfortable talking in Chinese then Korean. It’s easier to me.”

            “I understand that,” Kris said, checking himself out in his mirror. “I am way more comfortable speaking in Chinese.”

            “I-I-I want to l-learn Chin-ese,” Sehun said with a mouthful of food. “L-l-luhan hyung c-can you t-teach me?”

            “Sure Sehunnie,” Luhan said smiling. “I can help you learn Chinese, after I finish working out. I got to lose more weight. I gained two pounds last week. I’m straying away from my goal.”

            “What is your goal?” Jongin asked, drumming his hands on the table. “You have like a different goal every single day.”

            “Stop,” Kyungsoo said. He put hand sanitizer on his hands; rubbing it in before hold Jongin’s hands in place.

            “My goal is to be one hundred pounds,” Luhan answered. “I am twenty-two pounds too heavy.”

            “You look healthy to me,” Chanyeol said smiling. “You shouldn’t lose more weight Luhan.”

            “Whatever guys,” Luhan said standing up. “I got to go to the bathroom. Minseok.” He reached over to Minseok, pulling the lollipop out of Minseok’s mouth. “That is way too many calories and sugar on a stick. Later guys.” Luhan left heading to the bathroom.

            “I like my lollipops,” Minseok said, putting it back in his mouth. “It’s all practice anyways.”

            “Gross,” Jongin said making a face. “Minseok hyung don’t talk like that when everyone is eating. I don’t need to know what you need practice for.” Jongin fiddled with his and Kyungsoo’s hands. “Kyungsoo hyung, stop holding my hands down.”

            “No,” Kyungsoo said shaking his head. “You move them too much and it’s distracting.” Kyungsoo continued to hold Jongin’s hands. “And I like holding them.”

            “You do?” Jongin asked. “Well then continue on.”

            “I like hands too,” Minseok said wiggling his eyebrows. “They are y.”

            “Gross,” Chanyeol said. “S-stop…” Chanyeol shook his head, closing his eyes. “D-d-d-d-don’t.”

            “Oh no,” Jongdae said. “Chanyeol is having a tic.” Chanyeol cupped his cheeks in his hands, shaking his head.

            “Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said grabbing onto Chanyeol’s hands. “It’s okay.” He hugged Chanyeol tightly, as Chanyeol’s breathing became normal and he stopped shaking. He closed his eyes before returning back to his happy self. “That’s better.”

            “Thank you,” Chanyeol kissing Baekhyun’s cheek.

            “Guys guess what,” Kris said standing up. “My mom said I can go to the SMtown concert. I got front row V.I.P. tickets and everything. It’s going to be so amazing. Are any of you going?” He looked around at us as we all shook our heads. “You’re going to be missing you.”

            “Sit down,” Minseok grumbled, pulling Kris back down. “We get it, your family is rich and you can afford to do everything you want. Blah blah blah.”

            “Rude,” Kris said giving Minseok a nasty look. “You would think my friends would be happy for me.”

            I looked around the table at everyone’s personality and everyone talking to each other, well except for Tao. I had forgotten about eating my lunch because I got too absorbed into everyone’s conversations. This was definitely going to be an interesting school.

 

 

            Basically that was my first day at school. I think I am going to like it there. I miss you a lot Gege, but there is nothing I can do to bring you back. We both know that isn’t possible. I know you are watching me from the stars. I am thinking of you a lot these days. Talk to you soon.

            ~ Yixing

 

___________________________________________________

So that was the first chapter of my story. This story is going to be a little difficult to write because I have to keep track of all the character's personality disorders but I am excited to try writing something I've never written before. I hope you liked the first chapter and got to see some of the quirks that each character has. Leave a comment of your thoughts, I like reading the comments.

~ ALSK20