Journal Entry 17

The Impossible

Summer comes and memories melt but… The four seasons don’t suit me well, I’m a cold person – Epik High – It’s Cold

 

            Dear Gege,

            Today is finally the day that Suho is going to meet my friends. I am interested to see what their reaction will be to everything. I am sure they will like him just like I do, since he is a easy person to get along with. As for now being out of the hospital still feels sort of weird but I’m re-adjusting.

 

            Waking up in my own bedroom in my own bed, with the sunlight streaming through my own window was something to get used to. No longer did I have a doctor to bring in my breakfast and medication. Now it was mama or dad who brought in my medication if I wasn’t up in time when they left for work. Although most of the time they placed the medication for breakfast at the dining table.

            It was the middle of summer so there is still over a month before we all have to go back to school, most of us continuing on in high school while Kris, Luhan, and Xiumin are off to college.

            “Ah you’re up,” dad said as he entered my bedroom smiling at me. He was already dressed in his suit with his briefcase slung around his shoulder, ready for work. “Here” He handed me a cup of water and the packet of pills I had to take. “We’ll see you late tonight since your going to be spending the day with your friends?”

            “Yes,” I said after I swallowed the pills and took a few sips of my water. “I’ll be back late, but probably before midnight. We’re going to end the night with dinner somewhere.”

            “Okay,” dad said nodding his head. “Cool,” he handed me some money for the day. “Have fun Yixing.” He patted my shoulder before leaving my room to head out. A few minutes later I heard the front door close, signaling that I was the last one in the house. Mama always left early in the mornings for her job, before I woke up. Dad was always the one here when I did wake up in time to see him off.

            Eventually I got out of bed to go take a shower to get ready. Suho was going to come over to my house to hangout with me before we left in the afternoon to meet up with everyone else at the mall for the big meeting that we were all looking forward to.

            After my shower I got dressed and fixed my hair before heading downstairs to get something to eat. I scanned the entire fridge before taking out eggs, ham, and leftover rice before throwing it all into a frying pan. As soon as I finished cooking and put everyone on a plate the doorbell rang signaling Suho was here.

            “Hello,” Suho said as I opened the door for him. I smiled letting him inside the house straight to the kitchen where my breakfast was waiting. “You have a nice house.”

            “Thanks,” I said as we sat down on the couch in the living room. “But I’m sure you’re house is way better then mine, I mean your dad is one of the CEO’s of Lotte. You must live in a mansion.”

            “Yeah,” Suho laughed. “But when its pretty much only the two of you, living in a big mansion seems sort of pointless. There is more staff there then actual family. Unlike your house.” He smiled at me before lowering his gaze on my plate of food.

            “Hungry?” I asked. “I see you almost drooling over my breakfast. Let me get another spoon.” I placed the food down heading to the kitchen, returning with a spoon for him. “We can share.” I placed the plate in between us turning on the TV to some re-run of a music program that was one last night.

            “This is delicious,” Suho said. “You are a good cook Yixing.” He ate more of the food smiling. “Cook for me more please.”

            “You’ll have to come over more then,” I said, nodding my head. “And also have my mama cook for you. I swear whatever you have in your head about Chinese food will be blown once you eat her food.” We continued to eat the food before the plate was empty and we were full for the moment.

            “Yixing,” Suho said looking at me. “I’m nervous about meeting your friends. What if they don’t like me? What if they don’t want to get to know me? What I don’t fit in with you guys, I mean you all were in the same class. What if.”

            “Suho,” I said laughing a little. “Relax, I can assure you that they will like you. They all know about Joonmyeon so when they meet you it’ll be a shock at first for them but they’ll get along with you just right. You have nothing to worry okay?”

            “I trust you,” Suho said holding my hands. “Good, I am excited to meet them.” He looked at me, looking into my eyes smiling at me. “Your eyes.”

            “What about them?” I asked looking at him keeping eye contact with him. “Are they a little bit different today?”

            “Yes they are,” Suho said. “They aren’t a million miles away but closer to me now. Something must have happened. What did happen?”

            “I um,” I said thinking. “Well a while ago after I got out of the hospital I went to the beach with my friends, and it seemed like all of them were paired up with each other. And I was like the eleventh wheel, and I wished you were there.” I squeezed his hands lightly continuing to look at him.

            “You did?” Suho asked leaning closer to me. “To be honest I think about you often when I’m not talking to you or being with you. Even if we’ve not known each other that long I’m glad we’ve become extremely close. Yixing I don’t want to rush you but I want you to know that I like you.”

            “You do?” I asked looking at him. “You like me?” Suho nodded his head finally breaking eye contact with me, looking down at our hands. “Suho, I like you too but I don’t know if I am ready to be in a relationship.” I leaned in lightly kissing his cheek. “Sorry.”

            “Its okay,” Suho said smiling lightly. “If we both continue to like each other and if you still like me when you are ready maybe we can work. No pressure though.”

            “Thank you,” I said hugging him. “And if I were to ever be in a relationship with anyone I would want it to be you.” We leaned back on the couch as we continued to watch the remainder of the music show.

____________________

 

            When it hit two in the afternoon Suho and I took the subway to the mall to meet up with everyone. Once we got to the mall we made our way to the food court.

            “Still nervous?” I asked looking at Suho as we walked through the mall. Suho nodded his head, smiling lightly at me. “Here.” I took his hand holding it as we walked the rest of the way to the food court. “There they are.” I pointed at a table where my ten friends were.

            “Let’s go have me meet them then,” Suho said squeezing my hand gently. I smiled at him as we walked up to the table.

            “Hello guys,” I said standing in front of the table. “We’re here. Everyone this is Kim Suho, Joonmyeon’s identical twin.”

            “Its nice to meet you all,” Suho said smiling at everyone. “I am Suho.” We sat down at the table as they all introduced themselves to Suho.

            “So Joonmyeon was a real person,” Jongdae said looking at me. “And you found his twin while you were away. That is amazing, I am happy for you Yixing.” He smiled at me as he hugged me. “And you look happy.”

            “Yeah,” Luhan said nodding his head. “You look very happy, and I am glad to see you are happy.” He smiled as he nestled into Sehun’s arm, which was around him.

            “I need to know,” I said looking around the table at everyone. “Is everyone now a couple or close to being a couple? You all look like you’re in some relationships now. Did I really miss this much while I was in the hospital?”

            “Well Baekhyun and I are dating,” Chanyeol said grinning from ear to ear. “But I don’t think that is a surprise to anyone.” Everyone shook their head no, since we all knew that whenever Chanyeol had ticks Baekhyun was the only one to calm him down. And when Baekhyun was anxious about something Chanyeol always made him calm down.

            “Of course,” Jongin said laughing. “It was only a matter a time before you two finally admitted that the two of you were dating each other.”

            “I am very happy for you both,” I said smiling at them. “You guys make a really cute couple. Don’t ever ever break up.”

            “Definitely,” Baekhyun said smiling back at me. “We’re not going to break up. Chanyeol you’re stuck with me for the rest of your life.” He looked at his boyfriend, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

            “I wouldn’t want to spend it with anyone else,” Chanyeol said grinning, as the rest of the table groaned at Chanyeol’s cheesy comment.

            “Anyone else?” I asked, finding Suho’s hand under the table, holding it. “I know its not just Baekhyun and Chanyeol that are dating.”

            “Well we are,” Minseok said. “Jondgae and I are dating each other now.”

            “Same with Sehun and I,” Luhan said. “We’ve been dating since I graduated.”

            “Ooh wow Luhan,” Jongin said grinning. “I didn’t know you had such a attraction to the younger guys. Watch out Sehun, Luhan’s coming for you.”

            “Be quiet Jongin,” Luhan said rolling his eyes. “And Sehun was the one to confess to me. I didn’t have the courage to tell him how I felt. And if he never said anything I wouldn’t have said anything.”

            “I-it’s true,” Sehun said nodding his head. “I-I did tell him how I felt. A-after the graduation party. A-and his age doesn’t matter to me, cause I like him so much.” He hugged Luhan burying his face into the smaller male’s neck. I smiled at the two of them seeing how much Sehun had improved. Before you couldn’t have a simple conversation with him without him stuttering at almost every word, now he was barely stuttering and it was beautiful to see how much he had grown from the youngest in our class to a more mature person.

            “I’m very happy for the two of you,” I said smiling at them. “All of you I am happy I got to know, even if our year was cut short because of the whole incident.”

            “Don’t even worry about it,” Kyungsoo said smiling lightly at me. “What matters is that you are better now. And continuing to get better.”

            “So Yixing,” Minseok said looking at me with a michieveous glint in his eyes. “Did you meet anyone cute at the hospital?”

            “Ay don’t ask him that,” Jongdae said pushing Mionseok on the arm. Minseok laughed muttering a slightly curious minds want to know remark, before returning his gaze back to me.

            Well,” I said. “I only became friends with one person in the hospital. His name is Junhong, he suffered from an eating disorder but he is getting better. He really started getting better after we met. Also my doctor was pretty handsome, his name is Leeteuk. Yes he is older but he was really handsome.”

            “Ooh,” Kris said nodding his head a little bit. “Daddy material I see what you really like Yixing. Never thought it’d be you to be the one. I always thought either Xiumin or Jongin.”

            “Hey man,” Jongin said glaring a little at Kris. “I do not like older men like that. I like one older man and he is right beside me.” He looked at Kyungsoo smiling playfully at the other male.

            “Eww let me try not to throw up,” Chanyeol said shaking his head. “Baekhyun tell him to stop.” He nudged Baekhyun’s side laughing a little.

            “Jongin stop,” Baekhyun said playfully grinning at Jongin.

            “Ooh he told you!” Luhan yelled. “He told you! And shut you down!” He clapped his hands laughing loudly as people started looking at our table where all the noise was coming from in the food court. It was going to be a loud and good day.

 

            The more time I keep spending with Suho the more my heart keeps feeling weird things for him. I don’t know what it is exactly because I am not all the way better but getting close. But I do know one thing if I’m going to give my heart to someone I want it to be given to Suho. He is the only one to make my heart flutter and race. He is probably the only one for me. I just need to be ready to accept that fact.

            ~ Yixing

 

 

First before anything else I am sorry it has been months since I last updated this. I have not forgotten about this story since this is one if not the story I enjoy writing the most. I have just been very busy with school so updating has been very slow. But breaks are coming up in December so I'll have more time to update. And I am probably going to do some short side chapters when this story is over (IDK how long this story will be) of the other couples. Thank you to everyone that comments and is subbed to this. I love you

~ ALSK20