Journal Entry 5

The Impossible

To me, there is only one voice one dream one chance I can do it – One Dream – BoA

 

            Dear Gege,

            As much as I would like to say we had fun in the class after the talent show, I can’t. We had to continue on with learning new material and getting farther along in our academics. The talent show was our big excuse to relax for a while. Now it was back to business. In a few months, Kris, Luhan, and Minseok would be graduating and going onto university. In a few months I would be a third year along with Jongdae, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol.

 

            “Yixing,” Mr. Kim said. “The music teacher would like to speak with you right now. You can head straight to lunch after the meeting.”

            “Yes Mr. Kim,” I said. I got out of my desk heading out of the classroom to where the music classroom was on the third floor. I knocked on the door of the room, as one of the students opened the door for me.

            “Are you Yixing?” he asked me. He had a handsome face with pitch black hair. I nodded my head, having never met any of the students in the classroom during my whole time at Dream Academy. “Come in.” I entered the classroom following the male student as he stood at the center of the class.

            “What is going on?” I asked the male student. I didn’t see the music teacher here at all. Maybe she was running late.

            “Ms. Park wants to talk to you,” he answered. “She is coming from her office, she forgot some papers in there. Just sit tight. I am Myungsoo by the way. He bowed to me smiling. Just by looking at him, I could tell he was one of the popular people in this school. Finally Ms. Park entered the music classroom introducing herself to me.

            “All right,” she said. “Students Suzy will be in charge of rehearsing you. I need to talk with Yixing and Myungsoo in my office.” We followed her to her office as the students took out their instruments to practice. She closed the door behind us. “Please sit down. Yixing you must be wondering why you are here.”

            I took the seat on her little couch next to Myungsoo as she sat down in her desk chair facing us. I nodded my head agreeing with her.

            “Well,” Ms. Park said. “I saw your class’ talent show performance and was hit with an idea. Pretty soon there will be an open house for prospective students and I want you and Myungsoo to perform a song for the parent’s and students. Myungsoo has agreed to it, so what do you think?” Myungsoo looked at me with hopeful eyes.

            “What song would we be performing?” I asked looking at both of them. “It sounds like a very good idea.”

            “We can decide the song,” Myungsoo says. “Hopefully it will be something we can dance to not just sing. So do you want to rehearse something with me?”

            “Sure,” I answered. “It seems like a lot of fun. I’ll do it.” Myungsoo and Ms. Park smiled. Myungsoo and I exchanged phone numbers as Ms. Park let us out early so we could get a head start on deciding a song. The open house for new students was in about three weeks and we had a lot to do. We sat down in the hallway outside of the music room to talk.          

            “So Yixing,” Myungsoo said looking at me. “What is your favorite type of music? I personally like Alternative music the best.” He smiled at me as I tried to form thoughts. It was hard to think properly when he smiled like that.

            “I like pop music the best,” I answered. “I think that would be easier to do a dance to then alternative. Maybe like a kpop song, if you like any kpop songs?”

            “I like a few kpop songs,” Myungsoo said nodding. I smiled at him asking him what songs he liked. “I really like that AKMU song ‘Give Love,’ I also really like, ‘200%.’ Do you like AKMU?”

            “Yeah they are pretty good,” I answered. “Do you want to perform 200%? That seems like that could be a good performance.”

            “I would like that,” Myungsoo said. “But I can’t rap what so ever. Can you rap?”

            “Uh,” I said laughing. Could I rap? I could hardly sing in Korean and I was supposed to rap? Oh man did I have my work cut out of me. “I guess I could try to rap. It might take a while for me.”

            “Really?” Myungsoo asked. “Why is that?” He looked at me with a confused expression. I stared back at him. Did he really not now why? Usually just by my name, people could guess why my Korean wasn’t all that great.

            “Because I am not a native Korean speaker,” I answered. “I moved from China to Korea only about six years ago. But I will do the rapping. I think I have some friends that can help me with the lyrics.”

            “Ahh great,” Myungsoo said clapping his hands. “I’ll get to work on signing the sister’s part. We can meet together maybe over the weekend to see how far we got with the lyrics?”

            “That sounds good,” I answered. “I will get to work on the lyrics for the brother’s part right away. I will also start learning the dance so I can help you.”

            “Thanks man,” Myungsoo said. “I can’t dance at all, but you can dance and your singing was really good. Your class definitely earned first place in the talent show.”

            “Thank you,” I said. The lunch bell rang as we stood up heading down to the lunchroom, after we exchanged phone numbers setting up our time to meet up after practicing our parts.

            “Yixing,” Chanyeol said smiling. “What did the music teacher want to talk to you about? What’s going on?” I sat down at the lunch table as I explained to everyone Ms. Park’s idea of Myungsoo and I performing.

            “That’s a great idea!” Kyungsoo said. “So what song are you going to be performing for the open house?”

            “We want to perform AKMU’s 200%,” I responded. “But Chanyeol I was wondering if you could help me work on the rap part. I don’t know if I can learn the parts all on my own.” Chanyeol nodded as he agreed to help me with my rap parts in the song.

____________________

 

            Over the weekend Chanyeol and I found ourselves along with Baekhyun at my house to work on the rap parts of AKMU’s 200%.

            “Chanyeol let me hear how it sounds with you doing it,” I said as I put down the lyrics. We had been practicing the words for an hour so far with Baekhyun listening to me helping me as well.

            “Okay,” Chanyeol said nodding. “Yixing put the music back on.” I turned the music back on from the beginning as Chanyeol picked up the lyrics paper beginning to rap to the song.

            “Go Chanyeol!” Baekhyun yelled clapping his hands. I smiled as Chanyeol killed the rap part. I swear he was a seriously good rapper for a high school student. I bobbed my head to the music as Chanyeol finished the rap.

            “You’re really good Chanyeol!” I exclaimed. “You rap the lyrics so effortlessly. I like your voice when you rap as well.” I took the lyrics back from Chanyeol looking over the lyrics.

            “You’ll get it,” Chanyeol said patting my back. “And after a while you will sound really good with the rap part. Just practice more.”

            “So Yixing,” Baekhyun said. “Have you started learning the dance?” Truthfully I had not been working on the dance as much as I had been working on the lyrics. The dance wasn’t that difficult for me so I felt like I didn’t need to work too hard on the dance.

            “Yeah I watched the video of the dance practice a few times,” I answered. “It isn’t as hard as I thought, so it shouldn’t be to difficult to teach Myungsoo the dance.” I the song dancing the part of the song that I did know, showing it to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

            “Wow it already looks good,” Chanyeol said as he clapped his hands. “So is this Myungsoo nice? I’ve never heard of him.”

            “He’s in our grade,” I told them. “Super into band and music. That’s why Ms. Park chose him to be the other half of the duo for the open house.”

            “I know who he is,” Baekhyun said smiling. “He is pretty popular around the school by the girls for his good looks and talents. You’re really lucky Yixing, I would want to talk and work with him if I had the chance.” He smiled at me with a dreamy expression.

            “He doesn’t sound all that,” Chanyeol said huffing as he crossed his arms. “Baekhyun you’re probably not missing anything.” I laughed as I watched the two of the bicker about Myungsoo a guy both of them had never met. It was cute that Chanyeol was getting so defensive over Baekhyun. It made me see that maybe they were more then friends, they just didn’t sort out their feelings yet.

 

            Maybe if I had never met Joonmyeon six years ago I wouldn’t be here. It seems like everything that is happening to me now is his fault. I can’t blame him, but I know inside that everything is connected to him. He is the reason I can’t be free anymore. Why did I have to meet you Joonmyeon?

            ~ Yixing

 

_________________________________

I don't know if Myungsoo is going to resemble Joonmyeon or not. Maybe in slight ways will he remind Yixing of Joonmyeon but only time will tell. Thank you again to all my amazing subscribers and people who have been reading this story so far!

ALSK20