Journal Entry 16

The Impossible

As our memories fade away, all I want is just to break away – The Word Love – 2PM

 

            Dear Gege,

            Today is my last day in the hospital. Dr. Lee, Leeteuk, and Dr. Song have all agreed that I will be able to go home. It is a little sad because Junhong will still be at the hospital but he is still getting better. And I promised him I would visit him as much as I could. I owe a lot to him and he is a friend for life.

 

            “Are you ready to go home?” Junhong asked. We were up at the rooftop garden sitting down in the huge field of flowers.

            “Yep,” I answered. “It was easy to pack since I barely have any stuff here anyway. But I am sad that I’m going to be leaving you.”

            “Don’t be sad,” Junhong said patting my arm. “Because I’m determined that I’m going to be out of here by the end of this year. My weight is getting healthier and I’m not so uptight anymore about what I am eating. Because of you.” He looked down wiping his eyes.

            “Hey don’t cry,” I said wiping away his eyes. “I’m going to visit you ever single week. And tell you everything that happens with Suho and Joonmyeon and everything like that.” I wrapped my arms tightly around him. “I’m going to miss you a lot. You’ve helped me so so much.”

            “I guess Dr. Lee really made a good pair,” Junhong said. “It’s all thanks to him that we were paired up in the group therapy. He must’ve known we would be good for each other.”

            “I think so too,” I agreed nodding my head. “Dr. Lee definitely knew that we would be friends and help each other so much.” We kept hugging each other for a few more minutes before we had to head back down to my hospital room.

            “Well this is it,” Junhong said. “Here take this,” he handed me a sketchpad. “These are my drawnings I drew from the time I met you until now. I want you to have it.” I put the sketchpad into my backpack before putting it on my back.

            “Thank you so much,” I said smiling at him. “For everything.” I looked around my hospital room one last time. “I’m not going to miss you dreary white room. Not at all.” We exited my room heading to Dr. Lee, Leeteuk, and Dr. Song.

            “We’re so proud of you,” Leeteuk said smiling at me. “I’m glad things are working out for you.” He patted my arm. “If you want to contact me here.” He handed me a slip of paper with his phone number on it.

            “You’ve done a lot of work Yixing,” Dr. Lee said. “Keep up the good work. Take your medication every day twice a day. You’ve got a lot of fight in you and it shows.”

            “Thank you all for everything you’ve done for me,” I said bowing to all of them. “Without you I’d never have met Suho or Junhong. I’m so thankful. Let Junhong walk me down to the front desk?”

            “Of course,” Dr. Lee said. The two of us left heading to the elevator to take us down to the ground floor. My parents were going to be waiting for me in the lobby. I was happy to be going back to everything that was mine. My bedroom, my house, my mom’s cooking, I missed all of it.

            “Don’t forget to write me and visit,” Junhong said as we exited the elevator. “There are your parents.” He motioned over to my parents smiling and waving at me. We quickly walked over to them as they wrapped me up in a hug.

            “Yixing,” mom said. “I’m so happy you’re going to be coming home with us.”

            “See you later Yixing,” Junhong said. I broke free from my parents before hugging Junhong again.          

            “I’ll visit you next week,” I said. “Believe me.” I patted his back before he left to head back up to his room. “I’m ready to go back home.”

            “We’re ready to have you back,” dad said. “Let’s go.” They walked on either side of me as we headed to the car. “We’re glad to have you back. And so are your friends from class. They wanted to see you today but we convinced them to take you out for the whole day tomorrow.”

            “Great!” I exclaimed as we got into the car to head home. “I cannot wait to see them all! I missed so much stuff and need to catch up with them. I’m so excited!” I smiled looking out the window ready to see my friends, knowing it was going to be a crazy good time.

            The next day I woke up to the sound of giggles and whispers around me. I opened my eyes, blinking the sleep out of my eyes peering up at ten faces looking at me.

            “The sleeping one finally awakes,” Chanyeol said. “Welcome back buddy.”

            “Guys?” I asked sitting up in bed. I rubbed my eyes, seeing my ten friends from class smiling at me. “Guys!”

            “Miss us?” Jongdae asked. “We missed you.” He hugged me tightly as the rest of them piled up on me hugging me.

            “Today you’re all ours,” Jongin said. “So come on and get dressed! We got a lot of fun to do! A lot!”

            “Here wear this,” Luhan said. He smiled at me, patting his stomach, before throwing a shirt and shorts at me. I smiled at him seeing him at a healthy size for someone his age and height.

            “Okay okay,” I said. “Everyone out while I change.” They nodded before leaving my bedroom as I quickly changed into the clothes and combed down my hair. “Ready!”

            “Let’s go kids!” Kris yelled. We all headed down the stairs saying goodbye to my parents before we headed down the street. I swear the eleven of us were so loud everyone in the neighborhood could hear us.

            “So where are we going first?” I asked looking at my friends.

            “We’re going to the beach,” Minseok answered. “Hence why you’re wearing shorts. Plus this is the last day Luhan, Kris, and I can hangout with you all before we have to head off to move in for college.”

            “Aww no,” Tao said pouting. “Don’t keep reminding me of that.”

            “Why are you complaining?” Kyungsoo asked. “It’s not like you and Kris won’t see each other.” Jongin nodded nudging Tao in the side.

            “Be quiet,” Kris said as he sported a tomato red blush. “It’s still not fair I can’t see my panda bear everyday.” Tao nodded as he wrapped his arms around Kris.

            “Are you two?” I asked. “Actually dating each other?”

            “Almost a month now,” Tao answered. Kris nodded as the two of them walked ahead of us holding hands.

            “Hurry up slow pokes,” Kris said. “The beach will wait but you know I won’t!”

            “Diva we’re coming!” Chanyeol yelled laughing. “He’s going to be the first one to be thrown into the water.” We all hurried after Tao and Kris reaching the beach.

            “Get em!” Jongdae yelled. We surrounded Kris and Tao picking them up dragging them to the water despite their protests.

            “Hope you can swim!” Luhan yelled before we threw the two lovebirds into the ocean. “Look at them!” Tao and Kris pushed their heads out of the water spitting out the sea as we all kept laughing at them.

            “s,” Kris muttered. He splashed water at us, which we ran away.

            “Who’s next?” Jongin asked looking around at everyone. “Hunhan!” We all began to circle around Luhan and Sehun.

            “No please no,” Luhan said pouting. “Guys please, you can’t do this to Sehun and I.”

            “Sorry guys,” Chanyeol said grinning. Sehun stuttered, blocking Luhan as we threw them into the ocean. “Hell, let’s all go in!” He laughed running into the water Baekhyun following close behind him.

            “Let’s go!” Jongdae yelled. He grabbed Minseok’s hand and my hand as we ran into the ocean water getting hit by a wave.

            “It’s so cold!” Minseok yelled. “Oh my god!” I laughed, spitting water out of mouth seeing Kyungsoo crossing his arms not getting closer to the water.

            “Come on Kyungie,” Jongin said pulling on the older male’s arm. “Just get in the ocean.”

            “Not going to happen,” Kyungsoo said. “I don’t want to get wet.” Jongin cracked his knuckles before picking up Kyungsoo. “Jongin set me down!”

            “Not until we’re in the water hyung,” Jongin said.

            “Jongin!” Kyungsoo yelled as Jongin took off running throwing themselves into the ocean. “Jongin you’re dead later!”

            “I look forward to it!” Jongin said laughing. Now that we were all in the water we began the biggest most epic water splashing fight in history. I was just sad that Suho wasn’t here with us because it seemed like everyone had gotten together with each other while I was away.

            I was the eleventh wheel to the group of friends. I needed to bring Suho with me so it would be an even number of people all around. I didn’t want to feel like I was all alone with them, even if I truly wasn’t.

 

            I am sort of nervous about my friends meeting Suho, what will they think or what will they say? Either way it is going to happen, because I want them to get to know the person who’s twin brother changed my entire life. And I want Suho to meet the eleven people that helped me get through my first year of school in the special class.

            ~ Yixing

 

I am sorry for the long amount of time it took with this short chapter, but I started college again and have been busy with that. Next chapter will be longer and it will be with Suho finally meeting the rest of the guys. Thank you all for everything! 

~ALSK20