Journal Entry 20

The Impossible

Don’t think of anything, don’t say anything, not even a word, just give me a smile – BTS – Butterfly

 

            Dear Gege,

            Its been about a two weeks since Suho and I have become a couple. We still haven’t technically been on our first date yet, only because Suho and his father took a trip to London for his dad’s work. But he promised me when he comes back he is taking me on a proper date. I am excited for that day because it’s Suho and he always makes me smile, just thinking about him right now is making me smile.

 

            “Are you still waiting for that text message from Suho?” Jongdae asked looking up at me from his position on my bed. We were inside my room after having spent pretty much the entire day together, just the two of us, the two best buds.

            “Yeah,” I said nodding my head. I lightly tossed my phone onto the bed. “He told me yesterday he would message me when the plane landed and he was back in Korea. It should be soon.” I smiled as Jongdae shook his head looking at me. “What?”

            Jongdae just shrugged his shoulders continuing to look at me with an amused glint in his eyes and a faint smile on his lips. There was no need for words to be exchanged between us. He knew I was happy to have Suho, and I could tell that he was happy for me. I deserved this happiness with Suho after everything that had happened to me.

            “Oh by the way,” Jongdae said finally breaking the space of silence between us. “Minseok told me to tell you that Kris’ going away party is next week. Kris reserved this buffet for the going away party. Bring Suho with you when you come to the party. Okay?”

            I nodded my head, sighing a little bit. It was only a matter of time before the three graduated students of the special class would have to leave off for the college world. Kris had made the decision to return back to China to attend university. Luhan would continue to stay in Korea so we didn’t have to throw a going away party for him. And as for Minseok he was to be studying abroad for his first year in New York. He would be leaving a week after we resumed school.

            “How does Tao feel about all of this?” I asked after a while of losing myself in my thoughts. “He seems to have become really close to Kris since of recent and now Kris is leaving.”

            “From what I heard from Sehun Tao is taking the news pretty hard,” Jongdae answered. “They hung out a few days ago and Tao had ended up crying. But he’s trying to spend as much time as he can with Kris before he leaves.”

            “How will you handle it when Minseok leaves?” I asked switching the topic. Tao wouldn’t be the only one that would have to say goodbye to someone they really liked. Jongdae would have to go through it too in a few weeks. “Will you be okay?”

            “I think I will,” Jongdae answered nodding his head. “I mean a year is a long time away from him but its not like he won’t be coming back. Unlike Kris, Minseok will be returning to go to Seoul University for the remainder of his schooling. I can manage.”

            “That’s good,” I said smiling lightly. “Well when Kris leaves, we’ll have to be extra supportive and comforting for Tao. I don’t want him to fall into a deep depression after he’s seemed to become more happy since school ended for the summer.” Jongdae nodded his head in agreement before the chirping sound of my phone went off signaling I had a text message. “Oh!”

            “Here,” Jongdae said laughing. He reached for my phone sliding it over to the edge of the bed as I picked it up. “Is it Suho?”

            “Yes it is,” I said nodding as I opened up my phone to read the message from Suho. “He said he’s back in Korea. He missed me a lot and wants to see me soon. And to keep Saturday free because he’s taking me on a real date.” I closed my phone, unable to contain the wide grin that spread across my mouth. Our first real date was happening, I was really looking forward to it.

            “Yixing that’s so exciting!” Jongdae said grinning. “What do you think you and Suho will do? What will you even wear? You’ll need help choosing an outfit and getting ready, don’t worry Baekhyun and I will help you prepare for the date, you have our sincerest help.” He took out his phone sending a quick message to Baekhyun. I laughed at his abruptness before he received a reply message from Baekhyun.

            “So what’s the word?” I asked already knowing the answer. Baekhyun would probably be over at my house on Saturday to help me get ready for the date. It was no surprise that Baekhyun new how to apply makeup and make anyone look amazing. He wasn’t the queen (or king as he called it) of eyeliner for nothing. Jongdae told me that Baekhyun and Chanyeol would be over.

            “There is so separating the two of them,” Jongdae said laughing a little. “But Baek’s agreed to help you get ready for the date with Suho. Man Yixing I am so excited for you! You’re first real date with Suho! Its going to be amazing!”

            “You sound more excited then me,” I smiled. “And you’re not even the one going on the date with him. But I am really excited too, it’s about time that we should be going on dates and stuff. I am looking forward to Saturday.” I was sure the day would be nothing but perfect since Suho said he was planning the whole day for us.  

____________________

 

            When Saturday rolled around Suho texted me in the morning saying he would pick me up at about three in the afternoon. That gave me quite a bit of time to get ready since I had woken up at nine. I had told my parents everything about Suho and they were genuinely happy that I was happy.

            I honestly hadn’t been scared when I told them I was into boys or the fact that I had a boyfriend now. I knew they would accept my choices either way and they embraced it with open arms. They were both happy for me which is a lot luckier then other people like me. I was glad they were supportive of me regardless.

            At twelve there was a knock on my door signaling my friends were here to help me get ready for my date with Suho. I opened the door surprised to see so many people outside of my house. I was under the impression that only Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae would be the ones coming over to help me get ready. But what was supposed to be three people, they were also accompanied by Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Jongin.

            “Everyone else wanted to come to help you get ready,” Luhan said as we were all up in my room. “But they were busy but they said to send you their bests in making this the best date ever.”

            “I wasn’t expecting so many of you to come,” I responded as Tao and Luhan rummaged through my closet to pick out something for me to wear. “Why are you five here? Not that I don’t mind the help but how did you get the news?” Sehun coughed pointing to Jongdae who had a big smile on his face.

            “Sorry it slipped out of my mouth,” Jongdae answered sheepishly. “I was talking to Jongin and it came out in our conversation. And he probably told Kyungsoo. Anyways word got around to our entire group.”

            “It’s fine,” I said laughing a little. “It was sure to be discovered sooner or later.” I watched as Baekhyun rummaged through his bag before taking out a small travel sized kit of makeup. “What is all of that?”

            “Makeup,” Baekhyun answered. “I brought face cream, eyeliner, blemish hider, everything to make you look perfect for your date. I use this stuff pretty much everyday.” I looked at Baekhyun trying to picture what he looked like without the makeup. He caught on cause he let out a nervous laugh. “Yixing its not like I don’t look good without makeup, this just enhances.”

            “That’s true,” Chanyeol said taking a break from strumming on my guitar. “Baek looks flawless with makeup but without it he looks just as amazing. He’s perfect either way.” Baekhyun blushed covering his face as Chanyeol laughed lightly before continuing to pluck notes from the guitar strings.

            “Alright,” Tao said. “We’ve finished picking out your outfit.” He handed me the clothes Luhan and him had picked out. “Hurry and change into this and we’ll see how it looks.” I nodded leaving for the bathroom happy that at least some of my friends were pretty fashionable so I would be dressed pretty nicely for the date.

            I quickly changed in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. Tao and Luhan had picked out simple dark grey jeans, with a purple tank top which was mostly covered with a black and blue plaid short sleeve shirt on top. I looked pretty cool which was saying something since I usually didn’t put effort into what I wore.

            “Here I am,” I said as I walked back into the room. “What do you guys think?” I spun around a little bit for them to see every angle of the outfit I was wearing. “Think this is alright?” Jongin whistled as Kyungsoo clapped his hands.

            “You look great,” Luhan said. “Now sit down so Kyungsoo can do your hair.” He pointed to the desk chair as I obediently sat down in it before Kyungsoo began to mess with my hair with a comb and his hand. “I was surprised that Kyungsoo knows how to style hair.”

            “Same,” Jongdae said nodding. “But he isn’t that bad. His hair always look really good so he comes in handy.” I let out a word of agreement as Kyungsoo lightly applied some products to my hair to hold it into place.

            “I have a confession,” Jongin said laughing. “The past few months before we left for summer break he’s been doing my hair. He would come to my house since we went to school together and he came a little earlier to style my hair.” We all turned to look at Jongin’s hair now, which was neatly styled up with a little gel.

            “I taught him how to style his hair like that,” Kyungsoo responded. “Better then when he left the house with his hair looking like a bird’s nest.” He touched my hair a few more times. “Alright I think it’s good.” He placed a small mirror in front of me as I looked at my hair.

            Kyungsoo had applied a little bit of gel and hairspray after having ruffled up my hair making have more volume. It was swooped to the side a little and it did look really good. My hair looked like something one of the those boy bands would wear.

            “Wow,” I said smiling. “Kyungsoo my hair has never looked so cool before. This is a really nice style, thanks.” Kyungsoo nodded his head as he wiped his hands clean from the hair products. “What is next?”

            “Lastly,” Baekhyun said. “Makeup. Stay seated.” Baekhyun sat down on my bed as he moved the chair closer to the bed so he could reach my face. “First this.” He showed me the BB cream putting some on the back of his hand rubbing it a little bit. He began to apply the cream to my face. It was weird since I never put on skin products or makeup before.

            “This is like watching a beauty guru at the mall or something,” Chanyeol said as he watched the two of us from his seat close to the bed. “So exciting.”

            “You mean Baekhyun’s never put makeup on you before?” Jongin asked looking at the tall giant with an incredulous look. “Never ever? After all the years you’ve known each other?”

            “Nope never,” Chanyeol said. “What was the reason?” He tapped his chin as Baekhyun shot him a slightly embarrassed look. Chanyeol looked back at him as if silently asking permission to tell the others. Baekhyun eventually nodded his head. “He told me I didn’t need makeup because I was handsome just the way I was.”

            “Aww Baekhyun that’s so cheesy,” Luhan said pretending to shudder. “I think I just got a sugar rush and a cavity from that remark.” He laughed as he rested his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “You’re just a caring boyfriend Baekhyun.”

            “I guess,” Baekhyun mumbled as he began to put some powder on places on my face near my nose and eyes. “Okay onto the fun stuff now.” He waved simple black pencil eyeliner in front of me. “Guys this stuff is my life savor.” He uncapped it bringing it closer to my face. I gulped seeing the tip which looked scarily sharp for something that was going to be drawing on the skin close to my eyes. “Stay still Yixing.”

            “Don’t have to tell me twice,” I said quickly making sure I kept super still. I didn’t want that thing to poke me in the eye. I tried hard not to blink as Baekhyun began lining the corners of my eyes with the eyeliner. I seriously had no idea how he could apply this stuff so calmly. After what seemed like an eternity (why am I exaggerating…) Baekhyun removed the eyeliner pencil away from my face.

            “All right and we are done with the makeup,” Baekhyun said smiling at me. “Take a look at yourself Yixing.” Sehun handed Baekhyun the mirror as he held it in front of my face. I opened my mouth a little seeing myself but it was like a more hot version of myself. With just this simple makeup I looked more mysterious, almost more y, not that I was all that y to begin with but still. “Do you like it?”

            “I look so different,” I said blinking to see the black eyeliner that was visible around my eyes. “I look almost cool.” Baekhyun leaned back putting the mirror down smiling at his success. “Do you guys think I look ready for the date with Suho?”

            “Yixing,” Tao said looking me up and down. “You look more then ready. Suho should be nervous that other people are going to have their eyes all on you with this look. He better keep you close.” I rolled my eyes at his remark, but secretly I hoped that, that would be the case.

            “Y-you look really g-good,” Sehun said smiling at me. “H-have fun on your date h-hyung.” He gave me a thumbs up as I smiled back at him nodding my head. I was happy that Sehun’s stutter was slowly becoming less and less prominent. He only stuttered a few words in his sentences then he did before. What good progress our maknae was making.

            We all looked up as we heard the doorbell ringing signaling that Suho was here to pick me up. I widened my eyes having a mini heart attack as I picked up my phone, house keys, wallet, and a sweatshirt in case it got cold, even though since it was summer it probably wouldn’t.

            “Hurry,” Jongdae said. We all headed down the stairs as they stood behind me as I turned around to look at them briefly from where they were standing on the stairs. Tao, Jongin, and Chanyeol towering over everyone in the back. “Open the door already Yixing.” I nodded before opening the door to reveal Suho’s smiling face at me.

            “Hello,” I said dipping my head slightly. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous what Suho would think of my look for the date. “Do you like it?” I looked up facing Suho as he looked at me, slowly his eyes widened and his jaw seemed to fall as he took all of me in.

            “Yixing,” he said quietly looking at me still. “You look so so so handsome. Wow you look amazing.” He coughed as he handed me a small bouquet of white roses. “Um these are for you.” He looked up finally realizing the audience we had watching us. “Um what?”

            “They helped me get ready,” I said as I took the roses heading quickly to put them in water and in a vase. “Alright everyone out.” I motioned for them to leave as we all scrambled to put on our shoes before I closed the door to my house locking the front door. My parents wouldn’t be home until six. “Well guys thanks.”

            “You two have loads of fun on your date!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “I want details.” Baekhyun tugged on his arm lightly to try to shut him up as they said their goodbyes to us and my friends left my house to head off.

            “Well let’s go then shall we?” Suho asked smiling at me. I nodded as he took my hand walking me down to his car. “Seriously Yixing you look amazing, even more amazing then you usually do.”

 

            Is Suho always giving me so many compliments? I don’t feel like I deserve them half of the time but it still makes me smile and feel all warm inside. I never want this moment to end that I have with Suho… He makes me smile more then anyone else can.

 

Technically it hasn’t been a month since I updated this last… but yeah I am still sorry for how long it takes me now a days to update this one. But college has been keeping me really busy as well as outside. I will try to update this more frequently. I also have to point out that it’s almost been a year since I started writing this story! I am really happy with how much people have liked my story. I am truly grateful to everyone that reads this story. It is sort of like my baby (hahaha jk) thank you all. The actual date will be in the next chapter.

~ ALSK20