Journal Entry 18

The Impossible

Like finding shelter when it rains, like resting when things get hard, I would always protect you from behind – Crush – Sleepless Night

 

            Dear Gege,

            The day Suho met my friends was a very very good day. They all seem to really like him so I am happy. Now we can be the twelve of us. I am going to meet Junhong today and see how he is doing. I miss seeing him and hope he doing well. It is weird since I don’t see him everyday like I did in the hospital.

 

            As soon as I got the hospital I headed up in the elevator to the section of the hospital that I had stayed at. Once I got off the elevator I headed to the front desk asking for Junhong taking a seat in the waiting room for him.

            “Is that who I think it is?” a voice asked sitting down next to me. I looked up seeing Leeteuk smiling at me. “Yixing.”

            “Leeteuk,” I said breaking out into a wide smile. “Hello!” I hugged him tightly as he patted me on the back.

            “How have you been?” Leeteuk asked. “You look so much better now. I am very happy to see you. Why are you here?”

            “I have been doing really really well,” I answered. “And don’t worry I am just here to visit. Since Junhong is still here I am visiting him.”

            “That is good to hear,” Leeteuk said. “I am very happy for you. You seriously look a lot better now. I am just so happy, Dr. Lee needs to know.” He took out his phone writing a message to Dr. Lee. “So have you adjusted back to your regular life?”

            “Yes for the most part,” I said nodding my head. “I am glad I got to go home while it is still summer so I didn’t have to be thrown right into school after I got released from the hospital. I get to see my friends a lot before a few of them head off to university.”

            “Yixing!” a voice I had missed so much called as a tall figure ran up to me. He wrapped his arms around me. “Yixing!”

            “Junhong!” I exclaimed as I hugged him back. “It is so good to see you!” He smiled at me. “Look at you!”

            “I’ll leave you guys to catch up,” Leeteuk said. He smiled at the two of us before heading off, leaving me to talk to Junhong. Junhong and I headed over to the elevator to go up to the garden where we always talked when I was still a patient in the hospital.

            “How has everything been since you were able to go home?” Junhong asked as soon as we were seated down in the field of flowers surrounding us, the different scents of so many pretty flowers filling the air. “Has it been pretty relaxing?”

            “Yeah it has,” I answered running my hand idly through the flowers. “Life seems to be the same as it was before I entered the hospital. Well except for the hallucinations of Joonmyeon and everything, but I have the real thing now.”

            “That’s right,” Junhong said smiling at me as he began to tie flowers together to make a flower crown. “How is the legendary Kim Suho? Do you seem him a lot?”

            “I do,” I said nodding my head. “Its crazy how close the two of us has become ever since Dr. Lee brought him to the hospital and I met him. We admitted that we liked each other the day he met all my classmates. But I told him I wasn’t ready to be in a relationship with anyone.”

            “But you want it to be with him?” Junhong asked continuing to tie flowers together. “I mean from the letters your friends sent you they all seemed to have paired up with each other for the most part.”

            “They did,” I laughed. “And it was very apparent when we went to the beach as the eleven of us, I felt like I was the odd one out. Suho filled that gap and made all the numbers even. If I’m going to date anyone I definitely want it to be with him. Just when the timing is right.”

            “Makes sense,” Junhong said nodding his head. “I have good news Yixing.” He smiled at me, placing the flower crown he had made on top of my head. “Dr. Lee said that I am a healthy weight now, and I get to go home soon. Like in a week or so.”

            “Really?” I exclaimed grabbing Junhong’s hands. “That is amazing news Junhong! I am so happy for you! It’ll be so great when you finally get to leave this place! And you look so much healthier then when I met you.”

            “Its all thanks to you really,” Junhong said. “Our little bet to each other and we were both able to keep up our part of the bet. I am excited to be heading home. I get to see Daehyun hyung again.” I cocked my head to the side upon hearing that name. “What is it?”

            “You’re older brother is named Daehyun?” I asked. The only Daehyun I knew had been Yinxing’s friend from high school when we had moved to Korea.

            “Yeah Daehyun,” Junhong said nodding his head. “Why? Do you know a Daehyun?” Junhong gasped as we both put some of the pieces together. “Is my Daehyun hyung the one that was your brother’s friend?”

            “I think so,” I said nodding my head. “Oh my goodness! I lost all contact with him after Yinxing’s funeral but wow. I didn’t even know he had a younger brother. Where is he now?”

            “He is in China right now,” Junhong answered. “He lives and works over there. He mentioned to us a while back that he had lost a friend but I had never really retained any of that information, but then after he graduated from university he told us he was moving out of Korea.

            “Hyung had said something along the lines of I’m going to go to China. Our parents were really confused as to why he had this sudden interest in China, but he never really told us. But ever since I guess your hyung left he became really fascinated with China. He even learned Chinese in university and studied abroad there for a semester. It makes so much sense now why he wanted to move to China.

            “I haven’t seem him in a while since I was admitted into the hospital for a second time but he writes every so often and visits when he can. When he visits for the summer I will have to call you and invite you over to see him. I’m sure he’d like to know what you’ve been up to and that you somehow met his younger brother. Wow its crazy how little the world is and everything someway or another relates to each other.”

            “I would love to meet him again,” I said smiling. “He was such a good friend to Gege in high school. Especially since no one else really wanted to be associated with Yinxing and I remembered seeing how Yongguk and Daehyun basically sacrificed their reputation and stuck with Gege.”

            “Wow,” Junhong said shaking his head. “I can’t believe people could be that ty to someone else just because he is Chinese or can’t speak Korean as well as everyone else. Unbelievable.” He began to make another flower crown as we continued to talk.

            “Do you know if Daehyun still is friends with Yongguk?” I asked watching Junhong’s fingers tie together the pieces of flowers. “I wonder whatever happened to him to. He was the first person I had a crush on.”

            “Really?” Junhong asked laughing. “Yongguk hyung is now my step brother.” I looked up at Junhong with widened eyes. Daehyun and Yongguk were married? Or had gotten together? As if answering my silent questions Junhong nodded his head. “Yongguk moved to China with Daehyun, that had been after they had started dating each other in university and now they’ve been married for about two years. You had a crush on him?”

            “Yeah,” I said nodding my head, cupping my cheeks feeling them heat up with a tinge of embarrassment. “I never told anyone but I thought he was really handsome for a high school student. He’s the reason I like guys now, ever since I developed a crush on him in middle school.”

            “That is so cute,” Junhong said laughing. He finished the second flower crown before placing it lightly on top of my head. “When they come to visit in a few weeks you need to tell Yongguk this. That is so funny.”

            “No I can’t tell him,” I said shaking my head its too embarrassing.” Junhong laughed some more eventually myself joining him as we laughed like a couple of madmen in the field of flowers.

____________________

 

            A few days after visiting with Junhong at the hospital, I met up with Chanyeol and Baekhyun at Chanyeol’s house to watch movies and eat. The three of settled down in Chanyeol’s room, which was a little cramped for three people, but it made it more cozy that way.

            His room was just big enough to fit his bed, dresser, and a small desk that was placed right under the window. The window was decorated with music notes painted on the blinds, with the notes to one of Chanyeol’s favorite songs, so when the blinds were closed a whole sheet of music was visible.

            “So what movie should we watch first?” Chanyeol asked putting his laptop on the floor in front of us. “Any ideas guys?” Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, as he nestled his arm around Chanyeol’s, before looking at me. “Yixing?”

            “How about something with songs?” I asked. “Lately I have been in a Disney mood for some reason. Let’s watch one of those movies.” Chanyeol nodded his head, before searching online, pressing play as Mulan began to play on the screen.

            “I really like this movie,” Baekhyun said. He laid down on the floor, resting his head in Chanyeol’s lap as Chanyeol ran his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, singing along to the first song. I took a glance over to the two of them and felt a spark inside of me. One, because they were so perfect and cute for each other, and second because that’s what I wanted to be like with someone one day.

            “You guys are really suited for each other,” I said smiling at the two of them. “I’m jealous of you two.”

            “Aww Yixing,” Chanyeol said looking over at me. “I’m sure you’ll find that right guy for you soon. And I know who I want you to be with. We all know who you should be with.” Baekhyun nodded his head in agreement, giving me a small smile.

            “And who exactly are you talking about?” I asked, even though I had a small idea of who everyone wanted me to be with. And I sort of wanted to be with him too when the timing was right.

            “Well,” Baekhyun said as Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other before looking back at me. “A certain special Kim Suho.” I smiled at the mention of his name. “Its clear that you like him.”

            “Yeah,” I answered, nodding my head. “Suho is really handsome, and really caring. I really like spending time with him.”

            “I’m saying,” Chanyeol said laughing lightly. “You like him and it clearly looks like he likes you as well. Just from that like one time meeting him, the way he looked at you made it clear he had some type of feelings for you.”

            “Well that is true,” I said. “I know he likes me, and at the moment right now I am not ready to be in a relationship with him. But I do know that if I’m going to ever want to be with anyone, I want to be with him. I know that for a fact.”

            “That’s so cute,” Baekhyun said smiling. “When the time is right you’ll know. And we’ll be supporting you all the way with everything that you choose to do Yixing.”

 

            Spending time with my friends and seeing how close they’ve gotten with each other is really making me realize how much I like spending time with Suho. What my friends seem to have is definitely what I want. Would you support me Gege, knowing that I like guys? I hope so because if you were still here no matter what, I’d support you through everything. I wish you were here to see how much I have grown.

            ~ Yixing 

 

_______________

Oh my goodness Junhong's older brother is Yixing's older brother's friend from high school Daehyun! And he's married to Yongguk! They'll be making an appearance in a future (Probably next) chapter. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are dating, more Sulay will be in the next chapter, since there was a strong lack of Sulay in this chapter. 

~ ALSK20