Insecure

Meeting of Facades

 

Tao woke up to the feeling of someone snuggling into his chest and looked down to see who. Instantly, a smile appeared on his face. Sehun looked freaking adorable like his. Head on his chest. Limbs still around his waist. Although he was sure Sehun's head was on top of his the day before. 

Looking at the clock, it was already the afternoon. Time to wake up, but he didn't want to wake up the peacefully sleeping blonde. 
 
Lucky for him, Sehun decided to wake up that moment. "Hey.", Tao smiled at the boy with let out a silent yawn while stretching. "Morning.".
 
"I'm take a shower.", Tao announced, hoping off the bed after giving the other a morning kiss. "Can you sit by the door? Or come join me?", Sehun may have still been a little sleepy, but that woke him right up. "WHAT? No. Why?!".
 
"I'm scared.".
 
"Of what?", Sehun scoffed. 
 
"I'm just scared!", Tao stomped his feet in a childish manner. "Fine then, I'll wake someone else up to help me since my own boyfriend won't even that for me!", the senior was ready to go out the room when Sehun stopped him. "Alright, I'll stay by the door, but I'm not going inside. Understood?".
 
"Leave the door open though.".
 
Sehun nodded and Tao proceed going into the bathroom. Minutes later, Tao could be heard singing as the shower faucet was . The blonde lazily got off the bed and crawled next to the door, laying there with a pillow he brought with. 
 
Tao being showering with someone else?? He laughed. Hell no. Never. Ever. Ever. Not in this life. Not in his next life. Never. Sehun will grab a brick and knock that person into a coma if he has to. Wow, that sounds strange. His thoughts are weird. First time thinking these. Why is he thinking like this?? It never happened before? 
 
".....", Sehun laid there, only Tao's voice can be heard as he sings and thinks about...what the hell is wrong with him?? 
 
He just got up. That's why he's thinking like this. Yes, because of that. Has to be. Sehun shook his head. 
"Soo~", Minseok came to the kitchen to see his boyfriend cooking. "Why'd you leave me so cold? All by myself on that big bed?", the older pouted as he made his way over to the couch now, pouting. Even from where Kyungsoo stood, he could see the pout the other was wearing. Oldest, yet acts like a child at times. "I wanted to make something for you when you woke up.", Kyungsoo reasoned.
 
"No!", Minseok crossed arms, "I don't want food. I want you instead.".
 
"Awww~Don't be upset with me, okay?", Kyungsoo cooed. "We still have time later.". 
 
"Alright!", and happy Minseok was back, "By the way, where's Chanyeol and Jongin?".
 
"Still asleep.", Kyungsoo said. 
 
Yesterday, when Minseok saw how flustered the two were after his question, he laughed it off and suggested a dance competition instead. Jongin being winner got the second time that day after bringing home the trophy from the first competition. And Chanyeol busting out moves that no one knew were invented. It was very interesting. Kyungsoo cheered and would often dance along while Minseok sat down on the couch and judge. Everyone had passed out after. 
 
"You ever worry about Jongin and Chanyeol?".
 
Kyungsoo shook his head. "No, why would I?".
 
"I don't know. Jongin being Jongin. Someone will want to take advantage of him. And then there's Chanyeol who keeps getting hurt. He still has the cast!". 
 
"Chanyeol is clumsy, don't worry about it. It's normal.", Kyungsoo laughed off. Poor Chanyeol, still pretending to have that cast for him. And Minseok is right about Jongin. He does worry for his little brother sometimes. Jongin was still innocent, but by how he looks, Jongin has a lot of admirers. And Kyungsoo isn't sure if that's a positive thing or not.
 
What to do with them?? 
 
"Get up!!", Jongin smacked Chanyeol on the head with a pillow. "Get up!!". The same action was repeated earning a groan from the taller. 
 
"No....I still want to sleep.".
 
"Well I don't want too!".
 
"I said me, I want sleep. Not you.", Chanyeol's body turn towards the wall. "Well I don't want you to sleep, so get the up.", Jongin said in monotone before consistently hitting the other with the pillow in his hands.
 
"Get. The. . Up.".
 
"No!", Chanyeol sat up, swatting the pillow away, "Cause then I'm have to wear that fake cast again! And it's frustrating and annoying!".
 
"But it's for love.", Jongin reasoned. 
 
"Love right now!".
 
"So do you, so get up!", Jongin huffed. And when Chanyeol shook his head, Jongin mutely went into his bathroom leaving Chanyeol sitting in his place on the mattress. 
 
"Last chance!", Jongin yelled from the bathroom, "Are you getting up or no?!".
 
"No!", the older slid back down on his back and pulled the blanket up to his head.  
 
"Freaking.....", Jongin grumbled as he turned the faucet to wash his face before exiting and opening the door to his bedroom. 
 
"Minseok-hyung!!!", Jongin called, "Chanyeol got hurt again!!".
 
At the statement, Chanyeol quickly got out of bed, pulled the younger out of the way, and shut the door. "What the hell do you think you're doing?! He's going to kill me!". "At least you'll be awake for a couple minutes before he murders you.", the tan grinned smugly, "Remember your cast.". Chanyeol caught the cast the younger tossed and put it on quickly. 
 
"Chanyeol!!", Minseok's footsteps could be heard. 
 
"Save my .", Chanyeol growled. 
 
"Now, if only you would've gotten up when I said so~Hmmmmmmm.....", clearly, Jongin was enjoying this. 
 
"Please.", Chanyeol begged, "Save my from the mess you created and I'll owe you one.".
 
"Hmmmmm.", Jongin tiptoed back and fourth, "Fine.". "Jongin! Chanyeol!", Minseok knocked on their door. "Hey hyung!", Jongin opened the door, Chanyeol retreated to the bathroom. "Where Chanyeol?! How much is he hurt?!".
 
"Right. Well, he didn't get hurt. I lied.", Jongin blinked while Minseok tilted his head, "Why?".
 
"Because I wanted to see you.", Jongin blurted out. Before Minseok could reply, Jogin slammed the door. And Minseok just walked away chuckling.  
 
Minseok headed back to his boyfriend and told him what happened. And Kyungsoo thought it was adorable. "Seems like he might have a little crush.". "I might be the blame.", Minseok nodded. "You are. Why'd you have to go and play with him?". "You let me.", Minseok defended. "Fair enough.", Kyungsoo laughed it off. It wasn't much of a bother. 
 
To Kyungsoo, it was just cute. 
 
"Are you done?", Sehun asked as he heard the water stop. "Yes.", and Tao stepped out, a towel wrapped around his waist as he dried his hair with another. 
 
"Good, my turn-", the blonde's jaw hit the ground when he looked up. "Sehun. Sehun. Sehun!", Tao bent down to shake the male. Was he alright? He stopped moving. Sehun's eyes grew wider when he snapped out of his thoughts, "Put on some ing clothes!!", then he ran inside the bathroom. "No need for the language.", even if Sehun couldn't see Tao through the door, he knew the pouty lips the other had on. "I'm sorry.", Tao mumbled, but Sehun caught it. "I didn't know.".
 
The whole time Sehun was in the shower, he spent half of it just breathing against the tile wall. 
 
 
"BREAKFAST!!!!".
 
 
Everyone gathered to the living room. Their breakfast plates on the table. Kyungsoo and Minseok were already munching away. Acting lovey-dovey every now and then. Jongin would help Chanyeol out by feeding him on a regular bases. And the whole time, Sehun noticed Tao barely ate and didn't say a word. He was quiet. His boyfriend was silent. 
 
Tao is never silent. 
 
The senior even rejected Sehun when he tried to hold on. 
 
Something was wrong. Crap!
 
"Hey, what's wrong?", Sehun whispered to the other. "Nothing.", Tao looked down, avoiding eye contact. "Don't lie. Tell me what's wrong.", he said sternly, but regardless, Tao just shook his head. 
 
"Nothing is wrong, I'm done with breakfast.", Tao got up from the sofa and went back up stairs. Minseok noticed the strange behavior from his best friend, but didn't say anything about it. Sehun was going to deal with this alone.
 
Sehun noticed how Tao's plate was almost the same as it was before. Tao didn't eat much. Maybe he was still tired...?? Yeah, that's it. 
 
Kyungsoo and Minseok were done with their breakfast too and now their hands keep roaming each other's body. 
 
In front of juniors, shamelessly. 
 
"Guys.", Sehun groaned. "Stop.".
 
They did as told, for a second and looked up him as if he said the most stupidest thing ever, "No.". Then they continued. 
 
"You should relate to them, Sehun-ah.", Chanyeol patted the latter's back, "After all, you and Tao-hyung are like that.". "Yeah, I heard moans last night.", at the mention of that, Kyungsoo and Minseok came to a stop on their PDA. "That might've been us.", Minseok said upfront. "No, not your moans. Sehun and Tao's.", Jongin and Chanyeol said at the same time. Wow, in-sync with each other. 
 
After giving each other a high-five, Jongin explained how he and Chanyeol can now professionally distinguish the differences of their moans, because of Sehun's unique voice. 
 
"So give them a break.", Jongin wiggled his eyebrows, "You know the feeling.".
 
Sehun said nothing and kept on chewing. So maybe he was woken up by Tao in the middle of the night and they began making out for a little while. Okay, for a long while. Doesn't mean that Sehun has any feelings for Tao. It simply means that he likes making out with Tao because they are dating. That doesn't help his argument, but in his defense, this was all for show. 
 
He should really check on Tao though. 
 
Weeks went by and Tao was still down. His smile was tiring and his shoulders slumped. He didn't eat as much and he wouldn't even return the kisses Sehun gave. Minseok shrugged it off and told the rest to, too. People around the school were worried. Even the teachers were worried. The once happy cheerful cute panda now all down in the dumps. Students would question Sehun, but Sehun just kept repeating how everything was okay. And presents would fall out of Tao's locker everyday. Each one with a note, hoping he'd cheer up. 
 
When it almost reached a month, Sehun couldn't take it anymore and went to find Tao after school. The latter wouldn't tell him where he was at. So he went searching, searching for a panda. 
 
Where could the panda be??
 
Sehun finally could Tao in the gym. Sweating like he just ran a marathon. The junior just stood there on the side and watched. Tao didn't even notice him. He stood there. Watching Tao work out til' he almost fainted without a word. He watched until Tao had finally decided to call it done and went to take a shower. It was after Tao had showered and only had his shorts on did Sehun come out to approach him. 
 
"So you were here.". 
 
"S-Sehun.".
 
The blondes eyes could spot how fast Tao covered his upper half with his gym bag. "What are you doing here?".
 
"Looking for my boyfriend, of course. Who has been showing no interest in me at all these days.", the blonde grumbled. "Our reputation is dying. Kinda. Some people say that I'm going to dump you and find some else being the player I am. Which I guess is good for me, but then some got mad at me, saying I hurt you.".
 
So he's here for their reputation. "And some said that you're just not interested in a junior like me anymore.", Sehun stepped closer. "Is it true? That's why you've been showing lack of interest.".
 
"N-no," Tao stuttered out, his grip getting tighter on the bag, "I just didn't want to bother you that much anymore, so I cut back a bit.".
 
"A bit? A bit?! That's not a bit! Everyone was ing worried about you!".
 
Tao kept his head low, not daring to look up at Sehun. "Why don't you just tell me something's wrong? Hmm? Just tell me Tao.", Sehun's voice calmed down as his hand went up and rubbed the other's arm. At the contact, Tao flinched and backed away. 
 
"Tao....", Sehun furrowed his eyes brows. 
 
"Don't touch me. You shouldn't touch me.", Tao mumbled, still not looking up. 
 
Then it hit Sehun. 
 
Tao was insecure
 
Sehun saw Tao gulping and something inside him snapped. 
 
He threw the bag down and it hit the gym floor with a loud thud. And enveloped Tao into his arms. The older boy's head rested on his shoulder. "I'm sorry. This was my fault. It's because of what I did. I didn't mean it like that.", he whispered. Sniffles could be heard and when he felt the spot of fabric on his shoulder getting wet, he knew Tao was crying. 
 
"Shhhh...".
 
"You. You. Why?", Tao said between sobs. 
 
"I didn't mean it like that.", Sehun pulled away and wiped the other's salty tears. "Then w-why?", Tao stared at him, waiting for an explanation. 
 
"I acted like that because I was a bit embarrassed. I mean your body is so nice. And you have muscle and your abs-", and now Sehun is rambling with pink cheeks while Tao found this amusing, so he couldn't help but laugh. 
 
And that made Sehun halt. 
 
"Is this funny?", Sehun lifted an eye brow. "A bit.", Tao gestured, pulling two fingers together. 
 
"Hold on a second. Were you acting all this time??".
 
"Maybe....", Tao looked around the room. "Yah!! I was ing worried about your ! And you just-UGH!!!", Sehun shouted, not believing this. "But, it was your fault.", Tao stated. "What?? How the hell is it my fault?!!", and Sehun was beginning to loose his calmness he possessed moments ago. "Well, you should've known. I would never be insecure about my body. Look at my body.", Tao's hands went up and down, gesturing at his muscles, "It's beautiful.". And he said this all so serious, Sehun didn't know how exactly to respond. 
 
Tao wasn't insecure about his physical body, but emotionally, a little
 
"But you were worried about me! Awwww~ My little Hunnie~", Tao gave him a peck on the lips before bringing his head down in Tao's chest. "Don't worry, I'm fine as long as you're right here by my side.".
 
After so long, you're finally here with me again. 
 
"Alright, let's go home.", Tao said as he picked up his bag with one hand. "Home?", Sehun looked up. "Yours. You said you're parents were away, and we have a lot of affection that needs to be made up for.".  Sehun blushed, but he didn't say anything and let himself be dragged off. 
 
He just misses the other, so much.
 
He missed his boyfriend.
 
A/N : Well, things will finally start being revealed next. Little by little, or alot. I have no idea how this will happen, but it will. There will be in the future, just warning. I don't know when, still debating. And for Chanyeol and Jongin, these two....Hmmm. Then there's Xiusoo. Thinking....Your comments are interesting though. Nice thoughts. 
 
-Wanderer_11