Endurance

Love Me Free
 
 

Mark has put almost all the belongings he intended to bring abroad. The GOT7 boys would be visiting Bangkok for a showcase on the next day. It was an hour to midnight when their dorm was still lively as each was hectic of preparing things for their pre-lunch flight. Especially in maknaes’ room where one of the occupier was a native.

It was when the cheerful roommate of the group eldest has look over his stuffs, and he perceived something peculiar. He took the unusual piece out from Mark’s well-organized suitcase.

“Dimsum-ah, are you really taking this coat along with?”

“Huh?” He scanned the black thick wool that was hanging in front of him by the younger.

“There’s no winter there, the wrong way round— ah…”

He has surely caught the suspicious look from the mischief-maker.

“What?”

“Are you wearing this when you’ve gone on date with Suzy?”

He furrowed the brows. “No… It was the one that—“

Mark was pointing to his side of closet when the sly roomie was sneering along, for the reason that he had successfully trapped with the ploy. He was then tying an arm on the older’s shoulder.

“Isn’t that nice when you have finally had fallen hard for someone?”

“Don’t talk such nonsense…”

He shoved the prankster’s head as he was standing up and turning off the lights.

“We better go to sleep or else, Jaebum will get annoyed if we’re waking up late…”

“Okay then,” Jackson cozied his position on the bed alongside his plushies. “Have a good dream about the nation’s first love, Mark.”

“Hmm…”

“Well, if you don’t want to… Then, let me just think about her—“

A rapid flying pillow then shut his big mouth.

“I haven’t met her for two days…”

It has been said later, subsequent to ten minutes of silence by the quiet one.

“Aw… It is so sweet that you even count the days you haven’t seen her…or maybe you wanna snatch Youngjae’s phone. You know, as a loyal fan, he collected lots of her pics—“

Another pad has flung right to Jackson’s edge.

“Shut up.”

Babbled Mark before putting on his blindfold, and luckily the dimness has secreted his reddened face.

 


 

“Hyung, what about going to my mother’s place? I really want to eat tom yum goong…”

The high-maintenance BamBam was being whiny toward his hyungs when all the lads have gathered in one of the hotel’s room, where they were crashing in. The digital timepiece showed it was passing ten.

“BamBam-ah, it’s a bit late… But, we’ll surely visit in some other time.”

“Yeah, maybe after tomorrow’s showcase, if we have more jiff left.”

Jr. was agreeing along their appeased leader by that point. JB had always had his good mood whenever they were doing activities altogether. He actually cherished the times he was having with the members to the upmost. And he relished doing things when they were in sum such at the moment.

“So, what we gotta do now? I’m not that sleepy yet…” Yugyeom said as leaning to Youngjae beside him, and he perceived what he was viewing on his mobile. “Uh… Isn’t that Suzy noona—“

“Mark hyung!!! Youngjae hyung is stalking over your potential girl—“

Only before BamBam’s thunderous scream had surprised everyone, especially the eldest who was leaning through the outer veranda. In addition of he was rushing to enter the inner space.

“Eyy… It’s not that I—“

Youngjae was trying to defend himself when Jackson has twined an arm over his collar.

“BamBam is totally needs a lesson to shut his mouth in specified times.”

“Are you truly be willing of talking such thing? Have you watched yourself on TV?”

Jr. was eminent of his ability to bring others down, well, just in term of kidding. Then Mark was already taking seat next to him, ahead of Jackson was beginning his silly examination.

“If we pull the thin lines in these entire occurrences, we can see that Mark hyung has started the whole effort to impress Suzy from the time we were having One Mic in my hometown…”

“Really? I thought it was when we were having her as guest in our show—”

“Nuh-uh…”

The nosy jokester has restrained what the maknae wanted to come up with.

“I think Jackson hyung is sorta right… I have heard at what time when Chansung hyung told some of us while he was standing between them at the concert, and he surely thought that Mark hyung was a bit annoyed once he knew he was holding his hand instead of Suzy noona’s…”

“I’m not hearing this boogie-baloney… I’m off to—”

“No, no…”

“You’re not allowed to leave this place.”

Some of them were detaining Mark of avoiding the time when he has to be assessed by the youngers. He was then back to his former position, and this time, Jackson and BamBam were holding him tight, so that he was not going anywhere.

“I think you guys were missing something…” Youngjae said as putting his chin on a palm, he was looking pretty absorbed to the discussion. “Did you know he was always there by noona’s side ever since we were heading to the airport, even before going on the bus?”

“Yah… We’re hearing it from her sasaeng. We really can buy this fact.”

Said Jr., simply before he spotted JB was getting up from the couch.

“Hyung, where are you going?”

“Jinyoung-ah, do you mind if I use your room to sleep? I kinda tired…”

“Uh…” He was exchanging gaze with his current roommate in town, Youngjae. “Well,”

“I’m okay sleeping here with Bam and Gyeom.”

“Alright, I’ll see you later, hyung.”

“Don’t slumber too late.”

JB said as shutting the room entrance. And the rest six boys late conversation was carrying on.

“Hey, do you remember me sneaking in when you were taking video with Suzy? It was when we were having our JYP Nation here—”

“You seriously need some other things to be concerned of. I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

Mark smacked his roommate slightly whereas Jr. was ready to express another statement regarding it.

“Hyung, I think you can’t escape this for any longer. Just admit, the proofs are emerging …”

“Yeah, in every photo of our concert ending, I’ve seen you always around her—”

“Fine, you guys should change your last name to Holmes.”

The eldest had given up toward Jr. and Youngjae’s sharp realism.

“And how was the finale of our One Mic Bangkok? Who was beside her at the closing?”

Eung… I was there not too far from noona—” BamBam tried hard to recall as wanting to figure Yugyeom’s inquiry. “I think it was JB hyung.”

 

Afterwards in one of the other rooms…

 

Once perceiving the lights were off inside the room, Jr. has tiptoed so that he didn’t have to waking up the sleeping soul. Not so long before he was getting out from the washroom prior to cleaning up, he heard JB was moving quite a lot through the bedding. He understood him thoroughly to know when he was not sleeping well, or maybe he hasn’t. He was then taking seat on his bed as he its side lamp.

“Hyung…”

It has taken a few seconds onward of JB answered without turning around to face him.

“What?”

His voice was raspy, identical to a person who has rudely woken up from slumber.

“I know you haven’t had even a nap. So don’t pretend such as one sleepy example.”

The older then and there sighed, he realized that this fellow had known him more than the others.

“And so?”

“You just went because you can’t bear it when the kids were talking about her—”

He was remained static, still opposing the younger with his back, and overlapping his lines by the usual flat tone. “What made you so sure of it—“

“Especially these days, when everyone have linking her with Mark hyung.”

The last interpretation from his former debut partner was then making him dazed as he was still lying.

“Jinyoung-ah,” He heaved an almost soundless sigh before resuming. “I might have some serious past with her, and you’re the only one I hope to keep it off record. And…” He exhaled yet again. “No need to mention it anymore. Besides, the others won’t have to know about this. Got it?”

“Hyung… I’ve known you long enough to tell when you’re not feeling composed—“

“I’m completely okay… Absolutely… I don’t care any of things, her related.” He closed his eyes for a moment as exclaiming it. “You don’t have to worry, Jinyoung-ah… Our group is what only matters to me now.”

In the end, as Jr. was too understanding his group lead, he grasped what he has told him to, as he was turning off the room lighting.

 


 

A couple days later, the GOT7 boys were in the resident airport, ready to go back to Seoul. Mark was doing very rare activity, ensuring souvenirs matter. As having the sharpest eye, especially when it comes to s’ concern, JB captured the eldest uncommon actions. He was approaching Mark and observing him has struggled of picking local gift specialties. He comprehended it should be for that particular girl.

“When it doubts, choose the pink ones. She’ll like the color at least.”

He talked as passing through simply to mumbling that, leaving him with questions on his thinkers. If only he identified it truly was her favorite color. Merely a minute before Jr. has advanced to him.

“Just listen to Jaebum hyung. We all know even though he’s not fond of speaking, whenever he suddenly did, it really is the right thing.”

He tapped the older’s shoulder and went after JB, where Mark has eventually followed what the youngers have spoken to him.

 

Later at night on the GOT7’s dorm…

 

Mark was lying on his mattress, forcing like he should call it a night. Instead, he longed of seeing an important person so bad, in any case she was already matter that much to him at some extent. Hitherto, the earlier voyage was long enough to make him acknowledge that he was fatigued. As not having his roomie. Jackson for staying at the share house, he chose to go to the other bedroom where he knew someone must be having the contact list of almost everyone in their company.

“Bam…”

“Yo, what’s up homie?”

That was how they always did when communicating just the two of them, sometimes along with the other foreigner, American style. Mark looked over the entire space and he hasn’t found anybody but BamBam there. He quickly asked for what he came to.

“Let me borrow your phone…”

“What for, hyung?”

“Just let me… Just a sec,”

He snatched it from the younger’s hold. And he really did find what he was looking for. It was true by the thought of BamBam even had many selfies with her, the one thing he sort of has envied. He was then has coming back to the space where he was having for himself at the moment, to actually call one exact miss. He waited patiently until someone was answering him across the line.

Hello…

“Hello—“

Who’s this?

“Um…” He didn’t know why he felt a sudden heat inside his chest. Maybe he was afraid she would find it uncanny having his call at night. “It’s me… Mark.”

Oh…

And her short response in some way has disappointed him a little. Thus far, he could hear that she was a bit panting over the phone.

“Where are you?” He asked straightforward.

Um…” He was then having heard some other uneven gasping. “In the training room—

“By yourself?”

Yeah— uh, Mark… I gotta go, okay… Talk to you later.

She hung up, which made him couldn’t go to sleep further. After brief deliberation inside his own mind, he chose to go outside his room. Whereas Yugyeom has spotted him was rushing to go out from the dorm well along. He indicated to put down the apple he was munching at the kitchen table and chased Mark toward the outer area.

“Hyung! Where are you going?”

“Urgh,” He turned around to look at their group’s youngest. “Yugyeom-ah, if JB ask where am I going— Just tell him you don’t know, okay?”

“He’s not even home, hyung…”

“Huh? Well…”

The maknae was then directed to the older. “At least wear your shoes first…”

At that point, he noticed that he was still wearing the house sandals and then returning fast to their foyer.

“I’ll be back later…”

He said to Yugyeom in advance of departing.

 

By the time Mark arrived at the usual place where Suzy was occupying for her lone rehearsal, he observed the aim was lying on the flooring, with face covered by a small towel, still with the soft rough panting. He perceived even her sweatshirt had become damp. He was then and there taking off the towel from her bare face, he knew she was closing her eyes.

“Hey…”

At the same time, she could hear a sound of someone’s out of breath and when she has disclosing the views, she was kind of shocked knowing who was there by her side.

“M— Mark…?

He nodded as leaning to the nearest wall. As tired as basically finishing a relay, while she was getting up, taking seat not too far from him. She gazed at the guy to some degree of concern.

“What’s with the gasping of air?” She gently asked.

“Huh?” He was opening the zip of the gray jacket he grabbed while dashing out from his own room. “I ran here…”

She couldn’t hold but spurt a laugh, causing him threw a scowl at her.

“Hey, Suzy… What’s so funny about it?”

“Nothing,” Prior of her has offered him the drinks. “Why did you sprint anyways?”

“To give you company, of course.” He took the bottle from her subtle grip.

“Excuse me?”

“You sounded like a mess by the phone…”

“I’m fine… I’ve preoccupied because there’s some moves I have to keep up—“

“Whatever,” He drank the refreshment she passed. “I hate the thought of knowing you alone…”

She was kind of stunned as still steady looking at him.

He resumed in place of fixing stares on her, “If not, maybe I just want to be with you.”