Vulnerability

Love Me Free
 
 

Suzy ran through the long runway inside the airport building. Securing herself with a muffler and face protector, not too worrying about the prying paparazzi here and there. It was passing dawn by the following day next to the prior occurrence. She had to get back to Seoul right when she knew who was already coming in advance, seeking for Mark.

 

“Jinyoung-ah…”

Panting, she spoke over the phone to a well-known number presently dialed.

Yes, Suzy-yah?

“Have you get something about him? I just landed…”

Uh…”

She knew the most trusted friend for ages sounded anxious. She resumed,

“You haven’t, have you?”

Yes…”

Jr.’s slow nodding was the thing she could not perceived by talking only through receiver. She was merely being answered by him when the manager approached, fetching her to get into the van. Leaning her weary head to the support, she heaved a severe breathe as the vehicle departed. Silence had break times off between both parties concerned.

“Let me know if you get anything…”

Sure.

“Anything, Jinyoung-ah—” Her voice began to crack. “Please…”

I will Suzy-yah…”

 

“Oh my God… Where are you, Mark…?”

Suzy mused over the window, staring to the lingered city lights been shutting down as the day break derived. Tears were falling bit by bit through her cheeks, she could not help it. Rushing in her head, the memories of losing a person she cared about because of Mr. Kim. It was not the first, but it sure did hurt the most. She would not forgive herself if something ever happened to Mark for the same matter. She should have left him way in the first place.

 

She knew she could never do it.

 

For the reason that, the considered young man has made her feel oddly different. In a very good way, compared to anyone that ever been into her life. If not deep inside she realized, Mr. Kim had never appeared to the wanted by himself. And this time was an exception, she wondered why.

 


 

Jr. almost had gotten hit his refined face with the door when JB swung it. At that moment they were rushing out, not even five minutes going to get Mark. Conferring to a questionable-not-so-stranger, which they knew nothing good about. The actual elder was facing the quite fine-built young man equaled him when they both have moved toward them outside. Mark was opposing JB’s deed, on contrary, whereas the other muddled for some reason what he had done.

“Jaebum-ah…” He was almost soundless, or more like speaking gently. Seizing the younger in offbeat hurry, wanting to strike the uninvited guest. “It’s just between me and him…”

“No, as long as you’re in this place— I have the authority of protecting you—“

He shook his head, by dint of not assenting. “Let me go with him…”

“Mark…” JB looked at the other’s darkened eyes, before shifting to one other else, who was apparently obscurer. He babbled, “You’re my best friend, after all…” He didn’t know why he said that to him out of the blue.

“I got this, okay?”

The older was then regarding at Jr. who stayed silent behind the stiffened leader and said something in a matter of sec.

“Hyung, don’t be crazy…”

Mark only replied him with a smile.

“Let’s get going… This, we should conclude in somewhere else.” He talked to Mr. Kim. “None of this relating them.”

Before he was leaving both JB and Jr. to go wherever with the party.

 


 

Hey, can I see you as usual?

 

Suzy dashed outside her dwell, as soon as she read the text. Which was from none other than Mark. She marched as she collected the stuff, the typical wears to distract attention.

“I don’t want anyone to follow me.”

She insisted lone of the managers, the one who was rummaging a bit in the kitchen, through the entrance of where she had being settled.

 

The sun had almost entirely rising when she realized the text had been covered up by the bulge of others, since she was doing all she could to get know of his whereabouts. It was sent about hours ago when she was still on the plane. Thankfully, the surroundings were still sort of deserted, since it was merely beginning of a day. People were not even commencing their regular timetable thus far.

 

Moved ahead, she tried to call Mark, yet his phone was unfortunately off. She replied the text, but he did not send any reply. Or, at least he have read it, but the signs on her iPhone screen did not say so. She was starting to feel mixed up and worried.

 

The practice room in the JYP building was the only place she could relate ‘as usual’ written in the text from her missing boyfriend. After a few whiles wasted of her running around the quiet complex. Her mind was floating in places she wished she hasn’t, she could not think of it much sooner as she hoped for. Her eyes were getting teary once more, expecting to see him standing right there in the thought spot.

 

Which he was not.

 

The room was empty when she arrived. It was completely unoccupied and dark. It seemed like the usual vacant one where she typically having practice by herself. No one was close by to give her company. No one was there beside just to see her beginning the routine. No one has ever give a warm and loving presence like Mark had make her feel.

Starting to get lost of hope again, she began to cry.

“Where are you, Mark…?”

 

“Ssshh…”

A voice came from the back, by the access she left opened. Whereas noticing it was a very familiar tone, she heard the sound of doors were closing. Not even have the time to turn around, later, two fine arms have wrapped her upper limb. Sealing quite firm till it has stopped her to move away.

“What made you crying?”

Suzy knew exactly who has that unemotional voice, speaking through the back of her spine. She muttered between the sobs,

“Mr. Kim…?”

 


 

Mark has remained still for the rest of drive after he left the accustomed complex, going with Mr. Kim. Some of his men in black suit, not too different with the leading man, were later picking them up and they ended arriving at one of his hotel. Where once Mark had snooping with Jr. and saw Suzy was with him for the first time.

By the moment they reached the uppermost floor in the building, Mark had begun thinking of how and where he should move if something risky— as this man had always given by the impression— took place.

None other than was Mr. Kim’s reserved suite, the place he always stayed whenever he was lodging in the city. It was in total secured by dividers per rooms, and his bunch of protectors, all the same. Mark was still pushing his brain to chew intensely on it.

“Have a seat.”

Mr. Kim said to Mark, as himself was engaging for his own at one other next to where he adjacent to. He had comfortably taking a remote control to switch on the devices. Before then he ordered his men to leave the two of them inside the sitting room. The older guy was still pondering of what the aim of it in advance of he saw the face of Suzy has later been displayed by the huge screen. He was then beginning to take a seat as the other told him to another black leather couch.

 

Hours spent of both dashing guys watching the footages, with not even one word came in between. Unable to get explanation of how was he having these some kind of day-to-day motion recorded, almost every time from the girl he loved the most, Mark has eventually broke down his sentiment. He grabbed the remote to turn off the videotape.

“Damn it… What do you want to tell me by showing all of this?”

He sternly stated, and the younger across him has merely smirked in his own signature way. Kind of resented the type he turned into.

“She’s so beautiful, isn’t she?”

He didn’t get any reply from the other individual.

“I bet you haven’t seen most of these tapes…”

“What do you mean?”

Mr. Kim pulled himself of not leaning to the head support anymore. Facing the strengthened-looking young man crossways. He stared through his eyes, “I love that girl—“

“I love her, too…” He opposed. “Perhaps not overlong as you, but I guarantee I definitely not giving her any less.”

Mr. Kim smirked once more before getting on his feet, moving to take a glass of water on the counter nearby.

“And I know I shouldn’t do this kind of thing,” Mark added as directing to the TV. “To prove that I love her that much.”

Not really caring about the talking other, he swallowed a few pills from the table and gulped it along with the drink.

“You sick…”

He heard the said guy was uttering it from his side of spaces. He chuckled before shifting gaze at him.

“I am… Sick.”

 

Mr. Kim was the first to dash and confronting Mark at that moment.

 

They punched, kicked, and hit each other with no-one-else inside the place. Thrashing most of the cabinets, causing the bookshelves scattered its content. Some of their bloods were interspersing well with the dark attires. Both incredibly aggressive men had it by the same token. After the gloom sky finally turned a bit lighter, more than an hour or so, the older one has managed to slam the finer younger to the wooden ground.

 

Being strangled with both of the other’s hands, Mr. Kim has been forced to look at Mark’s hardly-turned-enraging-orbs.

“I’m afraid if I ever close my eyes, even to fall asleep… I’ll forget about her… Again… And I’ll hurt her… Again… And she’ll hate me…” He somehow looked down to the floor while saying it. “It’s repeating all over again.”

Not knowing what was he really talking about, Mark gave him an ‘I don’t give a ing care about you’ look. Before linking with,

“You know you’re hurting her… Then, why you keep doing it?”

He held the urge to punch the younger right in the face, once more. He hated why he was speaking to when he had caused her mistreated.

“I won’t… I would never let myself do that again…”

It didn’t make the older flinch to pity him.

“I watch all of these…” He was regarding to the set, “Whenever I feel like I should… So that, I have the reason to see, to remember, what has been keeping me with all these recollections…of her.” He stammered for once in front of Mark. “This is why I keep telling my people to follow her—”

“I don’t give a damn care about it… I only care about how are you gonna stop hurting her? And what the you want now?”

And it has appeared that he was preparing to get lose his patience still. Both of them, then, take a break from the wrangle, to end sitting side by side on the parquetting.

“I need to see her… For the last time.”

“What?”

At that very point, Mark was the one who stunned when hearing his disclose.

He simpered, hence was identifying how hurt it’d be for finally giving in. “And because I also know, there’s nothing I can do to make her choose me over you. And it …” He smirked and still continued, “I’ll tell my people to burn all of these… I’d rather be done with all of this than to hurt her once more— or, do you want to keep these tapes?”

Instantly, Mark was the one doing the smug, “No need… Cause I have my own way to capture every beautiful bits of her.”

 


 

Mr. Kim hugged Suzy’s back as she was trying to get off from him.

“Where’s Mark?”

His fine strength was by present has lessened a lot. Referring to the illness, he should’ve hold tighter to keep her steady inside his wrapping arms.

“Kim!” She kept attempting to let go of his seizure. “Don’t you dare doing something to him, or else—“

“Or else, what?”

She talked over her shoulder, “I hate you.”

“I know you always hate every little thing concerning me.”

He swayed a tad to the inaudible harmony inside his own mind. Relaxing his head to the lean shoulder of hers, even though she was not letting it at first. But at last, she was in some way be discerned, there was something different with the guy in present. He sounded at ease for the while. Therefore, she was finally keeping with what he done, not being so rigid and obstinate.

 

Some things she could not acknowledge, which he was silently crying. She could not been aware that he actually shivering, by her supports was only making him strong enough to keep standing. And she could not identify its painful much for him knowing the last time to summon of how delighting was to be able embracing her such this. He breathed in of how exquisitely scent she had, the one he’d sure would missed, even though his brain would not reflecting alike what his other cells forced to.

 

“Mr. Kim,”

She talked over her shoulder yet again by interval.

“Hmm?”

He shortly replied. His voice was serene and it was very infrequent.

“I just need to know where Mark is…and then, I’ll let you do this longer… If you want.”

He chuckled.

“He means that much for you, huh?”

He could then feel her light nodding.

“Your boyfriend made you went here to see me…”

“What??”

She turned around as he was losing the grip. Looking over the man she was fronting, seeming pale as his colorless lips and swollen eyes bared once she saw him clearly, glistened by the sunrays through the uncovered window. His shielded black long coat and turtleneck torso had also appearing fragile than what she used to see. More willingly than feeling to drawn in, she keeps what she had think as urgency.

“Why would Mark do that?”

He raised an eyebrow before smirking as the way he used to be.

“Because I’m here, my dear…”

Her face sort of changed catching the call she hated the most.

He carried on, “I kinda wanting…to say goodbye.”

“Wh—“

Her words been stopped for his sudden squeeze, and that time she was somehow enfolding him back. She did not make it tighter as what he did, nevertheless.

 

Silence, was a thing that keep them stable in the hold close for some time.

 

“You know I love you… Right, Ms. Bae?” He spoke as resting his head comfortably on top her crown, contentedly speaking as she was not giving any struggle to make him let go. “I’m sorry it should took a very long time to make me realized that I am way not capable to keep you safe… I hurt you, most of the times… I hate myself for that…” Knowing of how limited instant he had for this jiffy, he stuttered. “I’m so sorry…”

The emerging tears were already blurring his vision, but he was keeping his voice steady to wrap it up.

“And I’m very sorry that loving you that much, had cause me not to see that you are already much happy with someone else… And so, you could not be free because of it…”

Feeling for soft, delicate fingers has been wiping the tears off his face, he beheld downward. To her, who done that as making distance, he finally giving up the embrace.

“And goodbye is the only way for you to done this?”

She gently replied, holding hard her own waterworks to not pouring down through her cheeks. He was smiling at her, before holding both of her hands and then give a soft peck afore walking away.

 

Suzy watched at the disappearing back of Mr. Kim as it vanished from the long hallway in the corner. He did not turning his head, even just one time. She could not hold the tears for any longer after it, dropping her knees to the floor. Never once in her life, she ever thought of parting with Mr. Kim would give her rapid twinge. She should be compelling though, she knew she could not force her own feelings to be with anyone else but—

“What’s with the crying?”

She suddenly felt an individual was rather standing in front of the doorway. Someone who caused much different feeling, she grasped not who she recently mope for. She set her head up to make sure that it was really him. The one she was looking for since the beginning of the day. And yes, it was Mark fixing in front of her kneeling spot. He put both his arms to help her getting on her feet. She could not hold to give him a promptly tight hug.

“Whoa…”

He chuckled in between her impulsive act, that remarkable sound she always favored, the wrong way round his weeping girlfriend.

“I thought I lost you… For a sec,” She said, quivered with the clasp he should getting her closer. “I supposed you might have leave me…”

Again, Mark has chuckled as nothing ever happened to get on their way of being together. He hugged her even more securely in its place.

“Why would I?” He whispered.

“Huh?”

She pulled away to looked at his smiling face. Eye-to-eye beam, which he done before leaning and making just an inch distance between their faces. His stares were flaunting, she could not let go locking it with hers.

“I love you, baby…”

“Me too—“

He caressed each part of her strikingly facial features.

“And how many times should I tell you…”

She blinked for a few times to wait for his initial reveals, the one which made them began to bond from the very first part.

“I just want to be with you.”

Lastly, Mark has pulled Suzy, snugging for a long kiss on her lips.