Indicate

Love Me Free
 
 

Suzy was practicing until very late night that day inside the JYP building. She was preparing for their upcoming comeback, also succeeding company tour that will be occurred after summer. Although her tired body won’t be lying after promoting the new movie by this evening, she forced it to keep on with the upbeat. Until she collapsed and couldn’t do anything to even stand on her feet. She had no choice but resting her woozy head onto the wooden floor, looking at the empty ceiling to have time-out.

After a while, the flawless soul took glimpse to the undone duffel bag next to one of the practice room corner. It was where her opened purse was placed. She had done it every time she has to rehearse by herself. A particular picture was exposed from there. She was then taking a deep breath and finally the frail limb managed to become upright once more. And then, the loose music has begun again, when the tad-opened door which she didn’t notice then got closed.

 

At the GOT7’s dorm…

 

Some of the boys were slumbered at each room, it was a couple hours passing the middle of night. The center space was already dim since all lights were off, except the nearest one to the main doorstep. Mark arrived in his room when the roommate who was looking through the laptoparrow-10x10.png watched him making sly entrance.

“Where have you been?”

“Washroom.”

“Prior?”

He showed the cola can to Jackson. At that time he crashed next to his beloved room partner.

“What are you browsing?”

“Mark, you know sneaking out when nightfall can cause much concern.”

“What the—“ He shoved the head next to him a little. “I just went to the convenience store. Besides,” He continued once made a sip. “JB’s not in his room.”

“Really?”

“Don’t even think about it.”

Mark grasped Jackson fast a minute he knew the younger intended to stroll wildly out the place.

“Dimsum-ah why—“

 


 

It was Valentine’s night, almost all the JYP youngsters gathered in one of their colleague’s café. Well not everyone was there since a few already had their own date. One last girl has arrived after wrapping up her earlier movie premiere. She didn’t want to steal any of the notice, which was why she slithered to one of the room corner after taking a paper cup of homemade cocktail. Before one of the boys caught her presence and has slipped to be adjacent.

“I didn’t know you’re here, noona…”

“Ah,” Suzy grasped BamBam was already standing at her side. “I just went in a few minutes ago…”

“Really??” The younger looked puzzled when he began to open his big mouth. “Yah! You guys!! Suzy noona haven’t participated in the game—“

His thunderous scream made the associates who were conversing in the center scope shifted their gaze to them. The half-bibulous Taecyeon, the one who’s famous for being the party popper, dragged the not-so-party-into Suzy to the main dining area, where mainly their workfellows have assembled.

“Suzy-yah…”

She sensed the big man’s breath, full of alcohol smell. She tried to pull her body away from the older who’s wrapping a hand around her neckline, however his grip was much stronger.

“People here are… hehee—“ He directed an index to the companions, “Already had their date for the night. And since, you girls are so limited in our company… Some of the guys are still not having their partner, so—“

She contemplated as perceiving her girl-work-mates were standing as a pair with each. Such as Fei with Chansung, Jimin and Jackson, or even Sunmi along with Changmin.

“—these are the stuff you gotta choose…”

Taecyeon shoved her toward the table including six decent things on top of it. There were two snapbacks, sunglasses, a plushie, bottlecap, and a watergun. By wanting to not in the center of attention by that minute, she quickly grabbed a black snapback with a couple studs in front of it. She felt like seeing it somewhere hence she grabbed it like flash, just before showing it to the nosy spectators.

“Whose cap is that?”

Taecyeon asked as scanning around the place.

“Mine.”

There was a voice, not coming from the midpoint. And then some of them scooted to seek the source of vocal sound. It was a young man who raised his hand as sitting on one of the out-of-the-way table by his only half-unfilled paper cup.

“Well… You can step here to claim your tonight’s date, Mark!”

His remained four bandmates who were still at the place was the noisiest to make him standing next to their company ‘it girl’.

“You lucky dude, Dimsum-ah!”

“I thought you will be date-less forever, hyung…”

“Too bad noona didn’t choose my watergun…”

“Don’t worry I still haven’t had a date, too.”

Jackson, Jr., BamBam, and Yugyeom said that in sequence.

“Visual couple!”

And it was Wooyoung who ignited more commotion toward his younger fellows.

 

Suzy and Mark spent their rest of time just standing side by side near the drink station. They were not even sharing any talk, unless they feel needed when the rest parties were spotting them become wordless. Up till the time when…

“You wanna go out here?”

“Huh?”

Suzy didn’t comprehend what he was saying by the ear-piercing music volume inside that building. Mark leaned his body toward her, until it merely an inch and then he re-said what he has spoken.

“I don’t feel like being here… Do you care to go outside?”

“Oh…” She took some time to consider and since she wasn’t that fond either to be in such noisy place, she said, “Yeah, sure.”

He swiftly grab his coat before asking where was hers and then taking it as placing it on her shoulder. It appeared that their attempt to go in silence was spotted by the others.

“You go, LA boy!”

“Have you bring some protection?”

“Don’t come home until the sunrise!”

And the pair humbly shook their head, ignoring their fellow dirty notion.

 

Still the same as what have occurred earlier, that beautiful pair did not even have the slightest will to converse. At least, for the first ten minutes of their stroll. It wasn’t because they were not familiar with each other, Mark even noticed Suzy from the first time he went to Korea and he remembered of meeting her by his first day at the company. They even had being in the same TV show, but they haven’t had the opportunity to get to know each other better. In any case, that’s what he had giving thought of.

They actually appeared fine-looking as one, considering they were the leading visual of their group. It was the first time for both marching down the lively street of Seoul, alone, simply with opposite gender. Thenceforth, their somehow matching dark outfit, from the long coat also the denims, didn’t pop out as some of striking colors from place to place. And to decrease more fuss, she chose to wear a black face protector to shield her below face part, as he was wearing his gray hood up until it covered the crown.

“You want to go home?”

Mark said as having his hands inside the wool, so did Suzy quite identical.

“Not really.” She answered short.

“You don’t fancy talking, do you?”

“Pardon?”

She responded while taking off the concealment to below her chin.

“I’ve never been in a date with a girl who talked lesser than you.”

He replied as instructing her to keep on wearing the cover.

“I can hear you clearly, Suzy-ssi…”

“Ah… It’s not that I don’t like talking… And please, don’t use honorific with me, Mark.”

“Fine then, Suzy… Are you hungry, Suzy? Do you feel like eating something…Suzy?”

Now it’s like calling her name was his fad.

“Not really.”

“Not really?”

She just nodded.

“Okay then… Hmm—“

Just before Mark stated his choice for their late night meal, Suzy was beginning to overlap his with her selection.

“Actually I’m pretty hungry… Come on,” And she was already grabbing his hand.

“Hey, where are you taking me to?”

“I want to eat some noodle.”

The attractive quiet guy has captivated by the sudden change from the bizarre girl he was with.

“Well… at least you’re not answering me with the same boreness—not really.”

He kept that last one inside his head.

 

By the time they have arrived at the Chinese restaurant which Suzy picked from the start, it was actually her favorite. She has ordered some of her preferred menus every time she had the chance to visit, while Mark had barely asked for a bowl of spicy seafood noodle for himself. And the minute their orders have come to their table, once again, Mark has fascinated by the way Suzy eaten the meal she has ordered. He never seen a girl who ate so much on a ‘first date’ or at least, that was he thought.

“You’re not doing the diet like what girls usually done?”

She shook her head, reacting to his inquiry while sipping the last drop of her jasmine tea. And then, she offered the last bits of sweet and sour pork to the guy across.

“I’m going to burn the entire dish I ate after this.”

“Huh?”

Mark couldn’t hold more of disbelief he faced on that early of day.

 

“Hold on, hold on… Are you seriously going inside?”

A pair of one guy and girl was in front of JYP building way passing the midnight. Mark rubbed his eyes, in case he was too sleepy on nearly 2am. He suddenly held Suzy’s hand to detain the girl of entering their headquarter building. He looked at her with such consideration.

“What are you doing?”

She replied his firm stares while gently letting go of his steady grip.

“Practice.”

It was very short and straightforward answer.

“Wait,” He fixed her fingers once more. “It’s so early in the morning and it is Sunday.”

“Yes, I know. But, I don’t have that much time of preparing the group’s comeback and my part is the less attractive because of it. So, I got to work on it much harder.” Their hands were not wrapping each other anymore. See you later, Mark.”

She was then leaving him, going to the inner building. After some deliberation, he chose to go to the indoor men’s room where he bumped into someone he so familiar of. Both of them were equally shocked as they were not anticipating of somebody’s existence at that time.

“Jaebum-ah!”

Mark was the one who recognizing his group leader’s face. JB looked a bit dazed yet befuddled knowing who he has encountered.

“What are you doing here, Mark?”

“Just wanting to use the toilet as I passing by, wait— what are you doing here?”

He gave a recounter.

“Just taking some of my stuff I left after yesterday’s practice.” He raised the bundle of his grip. “You want me to wait for you or—“

“No, no… You just go, I still have my own business to be done.”

JB has eventually left his group’s eldest while questioning to some degree inside his thinker.

 


 

Suzy was getting out from the practice room when she noticed the hour hand was already pointing at seven. The sun was already up when she looked outside the window. She was cleaning herself after a sweaty practice she have done overnight. She was quickly heading downstairs through the set of steps, where she found somebody leaned to the wall with sprawled legs, blocking her way out. She could hear some soft snores and then she contemplated the person in black coat with hood covering the face. She remembered of seeing it somewhere as she was bold enough to open the cowl.

“Mark?”

The one who got called had merely blinked a few times before fully opening his eyes. He seemed still sleepy enough to continue the slumber if Suzy didn’t wake him up.

“Why did you sleep here?” She then asked.

He groaned before sitting upright and Suzy has taken a seat on the spot where he used to slump his limbs. His dreamy-sleepy eyes had contemplated to her shimmery ones.

“My date hasn’t ended if I haven’t take the girl home.” He said.