Notice

Love Me Free
 
 

Mark was rubbing his eyes for another couple times while Suzy was still pondering at him. A bit wondering, whether he meant what he was saying or it just his spontaneous pep talk in early morning. And then he replied her intense stare with the similar tough one and a striking question ahead.

“Why are you keep looking at me?” He smirked as taking the hood off his messy-yet-attractive morning hair. “Isn’t my face so good to see when I woke up?” And he had made her burst out a laugh.

“You weird.” She was then gently shoving his head whilst he kept awkwardly sneering. And then he got on his feet, before he offered one of his hands to be taken by her. Merely a moment before someone bumped into them when requiring to use the stairs.

“Jae— JB…”

Suzy was the first to remark his name. The one who got called has plainly shifted gaze at her with cold watch, which he was so famous of.

“Why are you here early?” He asked both of them with flat tone, Mark was the one who replied him fast.

“I waited for her finishing practice.”

“What for? Are you also one of her servants now?”

Mark gaped hearing what the actual younger just said. “Jaebum-ah! —Suzy, he didn’t mean that…” He rapidly gazed at the only girl at that time, and then to JB once more. “What’s the matter with your— urgh, apologize to her, Jaebum-ah…“

Up until when Suzy has already detained him to keep up on what he was going to say. She spoke instead, “JB—“

“What?”

For certain people, he might be way too harsh in lot of times. And it made her hold what she had in mind. Thenceforward, JB had barely raised an eyebrow, rather holding disbelief of what he just perceived. And then he walked away leaving those two with no words, toward one of the inner work spaces.

“You’re really going to me home?” She said after being still on her own. He simply nodded and fixing eyes on her again.

“Of course… Suzy, you cannot rely to a man who don’t take his words seriously…”

And it somehow her to the deepest point of the chest, but she quickly shoved the thought out from her mind and agreed with his proposition. They were then started walking out from the JYP building that way pre-lunch.

 

Somewhere when they were arriving so near to the girl’s apartment, she made them stop at a convenience store. She said she needed to buy something to fill her starving stomach. He fairly shook his head, wondering how could a girl freely eat anything she wanted while still can be looking so physically stunning. Yet he kept it only inside his thoughts.

He waited for her at the outside table and she has exited the place by minutes. She quickly passed something to his frontage.

“What’s this?”

He didn’t remember of asking her buying a thing, not at all.

“Chocolate.”

“Wh—“

“Just my gratitude of having your company on Valentine’s.”

And then Suzy marched en route for her residence building, leaving Mark hiding a very wide smile as he embrace the humble red-foil-wrapping so tight within his steady, lean limbs. He didn’t buy a single care even it was just everyday sweets he could buy 24/7 through the whole year.

 

Later by night at the GOT7’s dorm…

 

In the prevalent room on the lot, Youngjae was having private study for college entrance with Jr. the tutor, whereas Yugyeom was accompanying BamBam having solo schedule at one of the TV station. Jackson was just arriving from his hectic timetable as he was cleaning himself up pretty quickly and then slumbered next to Mark who was browsing through his laptop at their bedroom. There was one guy who was so rarely being at the dorm, or even having time with the others.

JB was an independent and conservative person, even in very young age. No wonder why he was fixed as the group’s leader, as he was so capable of transforming chaotic situation into very organized, much with some of the untamed and lunatic young blood. It’s not that he didn’t have lots time of being loose or what, he already had some of the enjoyable ones especially with s, he just didn’t fancy mixing leisure and vocations. Most of the time, what vocational is the one, which he relished the greatest.

Thereafter, the hour hand nearly hit a couple hours before midnight, someone banged the door of the nearest room to the main entrance. JB was the one who did the rowdy arrival, and if Mark didn’t swiftly catch the iPhone he has thrown to, the dozing roommate might have been woken up by crashing his head with the device.

“Take a look at it.”

JB uttered as leaning to the doorframe. The eldest of their group simply read what’s on the wide screen. Not so long after, he glimpsed at the leader.

“I don’t find anything wide of the point.” He said as handling back the mobile.

“Do you realize what’s written on that can bring all of us down?” The flat tone seemed has risen up a bit.

“Not really.”

“Hey!”

Mark was then taking JB out from his room. He didn’t want to wake the peaceful sleeping friend.

“Jaebum-ah…”

“Yah, I don’t care to whoever you are hooking up, but just don’t play that recklessly.”

“But, I just escorting her home… She was practicing from very late at night—“

“I don’t ing care!” He shoved the phone very near to Mark’s face. “What’s been published online can be scheming, then and there, could harm us all.”

Then he was moving to his room, leaving Mark all alone in the living space. A short time ago once Jr. and Youngjae had come.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Jr.

“I just walked Suzy home this morning and— urgh, it wasn’t our fault having other people secretly had captured that.”

“Did you guys were intending to do more than just walking?” Youngjae was keeping on.

“No, we’re clearly just walking together. Maybe our mad leader just forgot to take his pills.”

Jr. was then trying to ease the upset older, he put a palm on his edge. “Well, it’s better for you guys not being adjoining for a while.”

And Mark couldn’t do anything but approving that.

 


 

A few days have passed, the GOT7 boys were coming to the JYP building, simultaneously, as for they having practice for their last showcases. They always had hours of practice each day for maybe one or two weeks of upcoming performances. Also, maybe some extra times when JB told them that they had to.

They clearly not hating the firm leader as they knew what they actually needed and they have respected him much for it. They just missed the time they had of having the fun JB around. The times where it nearly not recurring for the past whiles. Not to mention, whenever someone in their group was exasperating him, then everyone would feel the same way of being equally drilled. And it could last for quite long period, furthermore, it applied by that time as well.

After having dinner, also in the practice room, the boys were taking time-out as they were having loose toward one another. Mainly for Jackson and BamBam who love fooling around while the others were simply watching them, and it could lessen the tense. JB was snickering along with them by then, which made the rest six guys feel freed and they knew the self-restraint age would be ended soon.

Between the interval when the duo was tired enough of having their own silly merriment, Mark has caught a familiar silhouette walking through the next divider, by the hallway. He quickly marched outside the room to approach that certain individual, he didn’t realize where the sudden urge was coming from. The group’s ultimate goofball, Jackson, was then taking BamBam’s hand as they were starting to do some fake waltz.

“Love, love, love…” They foolishly pronounced.

Once again, it made the entire room has cracked on laughing, or maybe just one particular not.

Mark has speed up his pace to catching on with Suzy. He tapped her back, as she was having earphones with music and not knowing that he has chased her to some point. She quickly released the plugs and greeted him with such ease as gripping the duffel that hanging on her shoulder. She seemed was there for another single-handed rehearses.

“Hey…”

“Hey, so that’s why you didn’t hear my call…” He pointed to the device as feeling relieved by being noticed to that girl. He didn’t expect this much enthusiasm just by bumping into her at their workplace.

“Why are you here, Mark?”

“Practicing with the boys…”

“Ah… You guys are occupying that room?” She directed an index to one bright space she has passed before. He gave an affirmative.

“You’re coming from somewhere, Suzy?”

“Pardon?”

He aimed for a gesture, bearing in mind for make-up on her face. Quite contrasting the sweats she had on. He had had encountered her for many times without it, and that have made him awestricken.

“Um… Yeah, another must for work.”

“I’ll watch your movie in some other time.”

“Sure, glad you wanted to.”

“Well, do you want me to?”

“Not really.”

Not that again. He spoke inside the mind.

“Kidding.”

Her last statement then somehow made him comforted.

“Well—“

“Mark,”

No more than before JB has appeared from the fair occupied room, and he heaved of calling back the older for practice.

“See you later.”

She was the one who said the brief cheerio.

“Sure, nice seeing you.”

He said in reply.

 

Suzy laid her drained body on the floor. She glimpsed to wall clock and it was barely passing one, in a.m. She closed her eyes for a moment as she was turning off the music by remote. The sound of low shutting door then made her wide awake. She glanced to the practice room entrance, and then she took a scan around, there was no one there, up until she observed a little stuff placed by the wooden access. She was then getting up to take it. It was a bottle of strawberry milk with an attached paper;

Don’t push yourself too hard.

Has written on that crumpled sheet, she wondered who has sited it there.

 


 

Another month has passed, the JYP building has its own perpetual visitor each day. It was just another evening for Suzy of having lone rehearse, yet it wasn’t her fault of having too many activities compared to the others. Thankfully, on that day she could begin the practice quite early as not having that much schedule.

She was having her late munch, a set of fried chicken, passing 10 p.m., when someone peeped into the training room, and she didn’t even notice.

“Still going to burn the whole chicken after this?”

She looked back and it was Mark who was standing at the doorstep. He was approaching in advance of taking a seat next to her on the same surface. She casted an eye over his whole clothing, by the loose shirt, shorts, and sneakers, he seemed had done what she currently does.

“You’re not at the dorm?”

“Nope. I just went here to take some of my and those bratty youngsters’ belongings. We kinda have habit of leaving stuff here.”

“Oh…” She made a little ‘o’ by her petite mouth, then, “You want some?” She offered the drumstick that she was about to chew, he took it fast from her grip.

“Only if you really want me to…”

“Well,” She grinned whilst glancing to the adjacent fine guy. “Sure, I can’t finish this by my own, Mark. That’s why I’m sharing it with you.”

In a while, the chicken bits were already gone to nowhere but their tummies.

At what time there was merely twenty minutes of them sweeping off the munchies, Suzy was already standing on her feet and she was turning on the upbeat music for another time. Mark was staring at her with such contemplation.

“Hey…” He was calling her as still sitting on the flooring. “You can’t dance that much by now, wait a while for your stomach digests the food.”

She gazed at him by the edge of hers, as putting hands on her waist, getting ready to repeat the steps, “I’m not gonna dance too much to begin with, of course.”

“Good, then I’m going to wait for you here…”

“Huh?” She turned around to clearly look at him. “Don’t you have to—“

“They don’t need this by now.” He answered as wrapping arms to his folding legs.

Suzy tried to hide a beam as knowing she'd never be that alone again, as she would always has a companion when Mark was there by her side.