Crimson red hair

Vraie obscurité

"You know, I don't get why you won't come with me. After all, who likes being ostracized?"

"Apparently, me."

"Hahaha. Very funny, Heechul." 

“But seriously, if there’s anyone that’s being ostracized, it’s you. I mean, Siwon, this is the dark realm! No one goes to church!”

“You’ll be surprised at how many do go, if you had gone at least once!” He stressed. 

"Oh really, name me some."

"Kibum..."

"He's your boyfriend. Count him out." he paused, “Besides, is that even allowed? I mean, firstly, you are the priest, and secondly, you aren’t even from here.”

“Please, I’ve been here long enough to pass off as one.” He said, in a matter of fact tone, causing Heechul roll his eyes.

“Your aura obviously contradicts that statement.” Eyeing his bright, light aura, which contrasted to his own dull, dark one.

"Doesn't matter. It's not like I'm from the light realm. I'm from neither." Siwon shrugged as an image of Hangeng flashed through his mind. The Hunted didn't have a real realm either...

 

"Heechul?"

"Hm?” He asked still lost in thought.

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Hm.” 

Siwon smirked at a sudden thought that popped in his head, “So you’ll go to church with me?”

“Hm.” Heechul replied, still in daze, only a few moments later, registering Siwon’s words, “Wait what.”

"Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Church."

“What? No!” He exclaimed.

“But you said you would! Just then!”

“No no, I wasn’t talking to you, haha,” He said nervously, “I was just talking to myself.”

"Uhh... Whatever. Just come."

“I-I can’t Siwon, you see, I have this illness, um, an illness that prevents me from going into the church.” He lied dramatically. Siwon rolled his eyes in response, and grabbed onto his wrist and dragging him to church, tightening his grip the more Heechul struggled to get out.

"I'm allergic to church!" Heechul screeched as he attempted to shake him off.

"That's impossible."

"Yeah it is, I'm living proof!"

“Ugh, you are absolutely ridiculous.” Siwon replied, obviously not falling for the nonsense.

Suddenly, Heechul shifted his gaze to something behind Siwon, contorting his face into fear, and started shaking.

“What? Heechul! What’s wrong?” Siwon asked, following the direction in which Heechul was shakily pointing to. As he tried to see what had made the latter so scared, Heechul took the chance and pulled his wrist away from the firm grip. Once free, he ran as fast as he could away from Siwon, laughing loudly in victory. as siwon rolled his eyes.

"HA! You're not getting the almighty Heenim to church anytime soon, shisus!" 

“Idiot.” Siwon muttered to himself in amusement, before proceeding to the church by himself.

Heechul was still laughing proudly when he heard some muffled sounds coming from nearby. Curiosity got to him, as he slowly inched his way to see what was going on.

"You bastard." 

Oh. It was just someone else being ostracized. Whatever, he could deal with it himself. Heechul shrugged as he walked off slowly, leaving to man to deal with his own problems before realization hit him.

Wait.

Something was wrong though...

He knew that people were only outcasted if they had a different appearance.

And if he was currently the only one with red hair, then who--

His eyes widened.


A hunted.

“You think you can just walk in this realm like you belong here?” He heard one say, proving his assumption.

"Because guess what? You don't." Another sneered.

"I know that very well, thank you." A familiar voice retorted. It was so familiar, yet Heechul couldn’t quite pinpoint who the voice belonged to. His curiosity peaked, and he made his way back to where he came from.

"Then get the out of here!” He barked out.

"I didn't do anything against you, what's your problem?" He could tell the man was starting to get annoyed already.

"You aren't welcome here. People of your kind aren’t welcome here. Or anywhere for that matter.” 

"I don't need you to remind me." The man hissed in distaste. "Now go away."

"Make me." 

"I'll make you." Heechul smirked as he stepped into the alley

“Who the hell are you?!” One of them shouted angrily.

“Hm, I think you know who I am.” He replied calmly, the smirk never fading away, as he tugged the piece of black cloth on his head, revealing his crimson red hair.

"H-Heenim..?!" 

“Aw, so you do know who I am.” He replied cynically, “So mind telling me what you are doing?”

“H-He’s a hunted.” 

“So?”

"He's different." They retorted.

“Well..." Heechul said as he stepped closer. "So am I." 

The twisted grin on his face sent shivers down their spine as they slowly backed away.

"Beat it, es." Heechul warned as they gulped in fear before turning on their heels and dashing off, never once looking back.

"Cowards." He scoffed as he watched their retreating figures. He turned to the hunted. "Seriously, we need to stop meeting like this."

“What?” The other asked, confused.

"Oh right, you don't know how I look." Heechul grinned. "Well, are flowers enough of a hint for you?"

He gasped in realisation, “H-Heechul?”

"Yeah, it's me. The flowers you left last time wilted, by the way. So it's your duty to get me more. Oh, and by the way, next time, pick the actual flowers, and not leave a random twig lying around."

“Sorry.” He mumbled. "I guess."

Heechul scoffed, and bent down to match the height of the latter who was still on the floor. “So Hangeng, why’d you stay here? You know this isn’t the place for someone like you.” He asked in a serious tone.

"Well, does it look like it makes a difference where I go?" Hangeng asked bitterly.

“Hm, true.” Heechul nodded thoughtfully. "Well, be glad I was around here."

"I didn't actually need your help, no offense." Hangeng laughed. "I mean, I know martial arts."

There was a moment of silence as Heechul eyed that man in front of him from head to toe before raising an eyebrow.

"And why the hell didn't you fight them?"

"Well." Hangeng smiled. "I don't fight unless I have to."

"Haha." Heechul commented sarcastically. "What a gentleman."

"It's true."

"I know." Heechul groaned, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, be thankful."

"For?" 

"Cussing at them. Trust me, I don't usually waste words on useless people."

"So... You did it for me?" Hangeng smirked as Heechul turned a light shade of pink, not that it was very visible thanks to his red hair.

“At least try to sound grateful.” He mumbled, before turning away to try and hide his burning face.

"Come on, I was just joking." Hangeng laughed, a sound that only caused heechul's face to turn redder.

"Whatever.” He grumbled.

“Hey, I’m sorry. Please look at me.” Hangeng said gently, reaching out as he slowly gripped heechul's arm and turned him around, their faces only inches away. Heechul stared at the ground trying to avoid the other’s gaze, but after a few second, he looked up, staring straight into Hangeng’s dark, mysterious brown orbs. “You have beautiful eyes.” He said to Heechul, with a smile.

"You too..." Heechul whispered dreamily before catching himself. "I mean," He coughed awkwardly, stepping back a little to place some distance between them. "Yeah. You know..."

Hangeng let out a small chuckle, “Hey, it’s okay.” His smile faded a little, as he stood up. “Thank you so much, Heechul.”

“W-Where are you going?” Heechul asked, still on the floor.

“I don’t know, but, as you said, this isn’t a place for me.” 

Heechul didn't say anything for a moment. He wanted to, but something in him held him back. As he watched Hangeng's retreating figure, however, he just couldn't resist anymore.

"WAIT!"

“Huh?” Hangeng said, after halting and turning back.

"I... Uh..." Heechul mumbled, mentally cursing himself for his lack of conversation skills.

"Yes?"

"I... Aish. Don't go, okay?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Just... I don't want you to die or something." Hangeng raised a brow in question and Heechul hurriedly added, “I mean, all that hard work saving you will be put to waste.”

"Thanks, really. But I can't risk this."

"What, you don't think you'll be safe?" Heechul asked, slightly offended. 

"No, I just don't want you to get hurt." 

“O-Oh.” Heechul said, gazing at the concrete floor once again, as he felt a blush creeping in for the nth time. “Well, I can take care of myself too” He muttered, slightly whining. 

Hangeng smiled, and murmured and almost inaudible “Cute,” before continuing in a louder voice, "I don't doubt that."

"Then?"

"It’s just that, bad things tend to happen to those who help someone like me.” Hangeng sighed. "I don't want to risk anything that could hurt you."

Heechul sighed defeatedly. "Fine. Be safe, okay?"

"I'll try." Hangeng joked before he saw the serious look on heechul's face. "Okay, I will. You too."

"Everyone is scared of me, remember?" Heechul smirked.

"Yes Heechul. Thanks and well, though I really shouldn't be saying this, but I hope I see you again."

“Me too…” He replied softly at the man slowly fading in the distance. 


Slowly walking back to his little house, Heechul couldn’t stop thinking about the event that had unfolded only a few minutes ago. He sighed and shook his head to get rid of the thoughts.

“Aish, get a grip, Heechul, you babo.” He said, lightly hitting himself on the head. 

Almost arriving, he pulled out his keys, still muttering to himself about how ridiculous he had acted before. He let out another sigh, before stopping abruptly. He’s eyes widened, as he saw a bunch of white flowers on his doorstep. 

"What..."

He bent down, picking up the flowers, as well as a small crumpled paper under them, biting his lower lip as he tried to prevent a smile from forming as he read the sweet-- well, he found it sweet-- letter.


I promise to send you more when they wilt. Sorry, I was in a rush. But don't worry, there are no twigs this time. Goodbye Heechul. See you soon.

Stay safe.

~ Hangeng

 

"Aish... This Babo..." Heechul grinned as he went to bed, a smile on his face.

 


We updated!!! How was the hanchul? XD do drop us a comment to let us know what you think about it, yeah? It'll be really awesome for us cause both of us authors have an obsession with the lovely comments you guys write XDD so Yep, do drop us one okay? :D also do remember to subscribe and upvote!!!!! <33333

~ insane authors XD who are also highly shameless