Memories

Vraie obscurité

A red haired figure sighed, wondering what he had gotten himself into, as he towered over the unconscious man lying on his bed, watching him sleep peacefully. Truthfully, he had had no qualms about bringing a complete stranger back home a few days back, but as the realization slowly set in, he finally began to understand the gravity of the matter.

How was the man going to react once he wakes up?  

More importantly, what the hell was he supposed to do with a... Hunted?   

He watched, as the man stirred his sleep. Only moments later, did he comprehend what had just happened. He was about to wake up. With slight dismay, he dashed into the shadows, making sure he wasn’t seen. 

As he peeked out from his hiding spot, he saw the previously sleeping man slowly open his eyes. His platinum blonde hair that dully shined from the light of the lamp, clearly indicating that he was a hunted. His eyes trailed down to the latter’s facial features as he silently admired his attractive appearance. Realising what he was thinking of, he shook his head and cleared his throat, causing the other to jump in shock.

“Yah! Don’t move!" He yelled immediately as he saw the man hiss in pain, almost revealing himself accidentally, “I spent a long time bandaging that, don't ruin my work." 

"Who's there?" The man called out, obviously uncomfortable with his current predicament.

“That doesn’t matter.” He replied, slightly harshly, "just be glad I bothered helping you."

Feeling the need to be prepared for any possible situation, the man cautiously pulled himself up into a sitting position.

“So what should I call you?” The figure hidden in the shadows asked, breaking the silence. 

"Uh..."

"I saved your life. The least you could do is stop making me regret bringing home a random stranger I found outside."

“Oh. Uh, my name is Hangeng.” The man replied quietly.

"Hangeng, huh? Well, okay then..." He nodded as he turned and walked away.

“W-Wait! What’s your name?” Hangeng shouted, before clasping his hands over his mouth, with his eyes opened widely, mildly afraid that he may have been disrespectful.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." The figure replied, as a smirked became visible, making the other cower back a little. He noticed this and let out a small sigh. "Just kidding, I'm Heechul." 

Hangeng didn't really know what to make of this. Firstly, he just narrowly escaped death. Secondly, he was probably in the dark realm with no chance of escape. And plus, the person who'd saved him just went from cynical to suspiciously friendly.

What was wrong with his life?
 

"YAH!!" 

“Huh?” Hangeng exclaimed in shock as he snapped back to reality.

“I’m asking you something, stupid.” 

"Oh, sorry." Hangeng apologized as Heechul scoffed. "What were you saying?"

"What I was asking, was if you were hungry.”
 
"Actually--"

"Forget it, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm hungry and I'm going to get food now." Heechul dismissed with a wave of his hand.

“Oh, um okay?" Hangeng replied awkwardly as he ran a hand through his bleach blonde hair. 

There was a moment of silence, before Heechul turned and started to walk away.

 

"Wait!" Hangeng called as Heechul paused in his steps.

"What?"

"Why don't you ever come out of the shadows?" 

“That’s none of your concern.” Heechul replied rudely.

"Yeah but, that's not normal." Hangeng pressed for an answer.

"I'm not normal. Deal with it." 

Hangeng blew the strand of hair that laid on his forehead in annoyance, before lying up against the wooden bed frame, as he heard the door open and slam close. 

"I just asked a question..." He muttered with confusion.

 

Meanwhile, outside the door, Heechul leaned against the door frame, breathing heavily as the harrowing memories flooded into his mind. 

The anger...

The knife that was dripping with blood... 

The blood...

The eyes that stared back in widened horror...

The regret.

Those were all the memories that were left. The ones that he could forget, he did. However the scar that ran across his face reminded him every single day of what he had done that fatal night, that one small mistake that changed his life forever. 

That small mistake that took everything from him. 


"No, stop it Heechul. Don't think about it." He mumbled, shaking his head to forget the thoughts that haunted him. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes, but the memories just wouldn't stop. 

He heard a sudden but faint snap of a twig, and his eyes shot open in alert, scanning to check if anyone was to be seen. Remembering what he was supposed to be doing, he cautiously dashed to the nearest store to buy some food, all the while remembering to keep his face hidden from view, though he was quite sure his red hair would give him away.


Hi guys, hope you like the update and please do comment cause we really love reading your comments!!! :DDDD <333

Please comment/subscribe/upvote/all hehehehe <3