Realization... And regret.

Vraie obscurité

Kyuhyun watched as his victim fell on the ground, again and again as Kyuhyun repeated his actions mercilessly, never stopping even as he watched the man's life slowly drain away.

He let out his infamous smirk as he was down to one more person. Slowly, he aimed straight at the oblivious victim’s head, “I got you now.” He whispered. As he was about to shoot, the person spotted him from behind the bushes, and shot him instantly straight in the head. 


GAME OVER. The bright red words appeared on the screen as Kyuhyun cursed to himself.


“Aish! So close!” He fumed as he kicked the shelf in front of him before cowering in pain. "I hate you!" He yelled childishly at it before turning to the screen.

"And you too!" He grumbled. He glared at the game that laid on the table and breathed heavily for minutes, before turning to the seller. “I want to buy this game.” He said calmly, as though nothing had happened.

"What?" He frowned when the salesperson eyed him weirdly. "Be glad I bother spending money on this."

"O-oh uh... Yes sure. Here you go." The man smiled awkwardly as he handed Kyuhyun his game.

“Thank you.” He said smugly. He turned around and confidently strolled around, in search of another game that would actually pose some kind of difficulty to him. Seriously, most of these stuff were too easy for him and Changmin.

And then he saw it. There, lying on the shelf a few feet away lay his beloved...

Starcraft. 


Quickening his pace, he walked over to the game he had been waiting for since forever.

He was almost there. He could picture everything already, how he'd spend the rest of the week gaming like he always did.

However, everything he had just imagined was cut short by a random stump in the road, which he had just walked into.

Angrily, and with great frustration, he looked up.

Oh.

So it wasn't a stump.

“Bunny!” He called up excitedly, forgetting completely of his beloved Starcraft game.

"Oh. Hi." The latter replied absentmindedly.

“How strange seeing you here!”

"Haha. Same." Sungmin said, forcing a small smile. "I guess."

Kyuhyun frowned. Something was up with his bunny, and it wasn't anything good.

“Are yo-” He was cut short, as he saw his bunny brush off the dirt on him and begin to walk away, as though they were complete strangers. "Hey!"

Seeing no response from the other, Kyuhyun sighed. "YAH! Stop, or I'll throw a twig at you like you did to me the last time we met!"

“What do you want, Kyuhyun.” He asked harshly, after turning back to him. Kyuhyun was taken aback as he had never seen this cold side of him before.

“What’s wrong?” He asked concernedly.

“That is none of your business.” 

"Sungminnie~~" Kyuhyun whined, trying to aegyo Sungmin into smiling. Or laughing. Anything.

"Kyuhyun. Stop." 

“L-Look! I made sure my hair was extra fluffy today!” He tried again as he heard Sungmin sigh.

"That's nice, Kyuhyun." 

He frowned, he didn’t know why the other was so upset, and he absolutely did not like this Sungmin.

He wanted his annoyingly adorable bunny back.

“Come on, I’m bored.” Kyuhyun said, grabbing onto Sungmin’s hand and dragging him along the game exhibitions, trying to cheer him up.

Eventually, after long minutes of ignoring the shorter’s protests, Kyuhyun smiled, as Sungmin gave up trying to free himself and simply trailed behind him. 

“You can let me go now.” Sungmin said in a small voice, breaking the silence.

“No, I can’t have you away from me.” Kyuhyun said with a teasing smile.

"That sounded desperate." He replied, showing a little smile.

“Are you sure you don’t want to tell me what’s wrong?” 

"... Well," Sungmin sighed. "I don't think you'd want to know."

“But it has something to do with you. Of course I’d want to know.”

"It's nothing."

"It's not nothing. One, it makes you this sad. And two," Kyuhyun smirked. "It's stopping me from seeing my cute bunny."

“Y-You really want to know that much?” Sungmin asked looking up to him, with eyes filled with tears.

"Bunny, don't cry." Kyuhyun smiled as he reached to wipe the tears that escaped his eyes.

He sniffed, and looked away, wiping away his own tears. “It’s too hard to tell you. As much as I want to tell someone, I just can’t get it out.”

Kyuhyun sighed. "I understand." There was no point forcing, it'll just make Sungmin sadder, and Kyuhyun didn't want that. He'd wait.

“Thank you.” Sungmin replied with a smile behind his tears, and he cautiously leaned forward and hugged the taller, startling both Kyuhyun and himself a little. Soon enough, though, Kyuhyun also had his arms wrapped around his waist.

"No worries." Kyuhyun whispered. "It's all fine. I'm just glad you're happier now."

"I am. Thank you, poodle." Sungmin smiled, a genuine smile this time as Kyuhyun did a small victory dance in his head.

"What else can I do to make things better? I can't stand you not being annoying."

"Thanks for that." Sungmin rolled his eyes as he groaned. "I don't know, Kyu."

"Hmm... You wanna-- HEY!" Kyuhyun yelled as a group of kids knocked into him, causing a shiny item to fall out of his bag.

“W-What is this?” Sungmin asked, curious.

“Um, it’s a mask.” Kyuhyun stuttered.

“It looks pretty. I’ve never seen anything like this.” He whispered. 

"Uh... Yeah. Cause it's uh... One of a kind! Yeah..."

"Where'd you get it?"

"S-somewhere..?"

"Kyuhyunnnn!!" Sungmin whined.

"Yes?"

"Buy me one."

"W-what?!"

"I want one."

"I can't!"

"Why not?! Don't be selfish kyuuuuu!!"

“I-It’s an antique, there’s no other in the world!”

He saw Sungmin start to pout and look down in dismay, “B-But we can find one that looks similar?”

"Really?!" Sungmin asked happily, his head shooting up in excitement. "Where?? SHOW ME!!"

Anything to see that smile of yours again, he thought before shaking his head. “Umm, well um, this is a game exhibition, they must sell some sort of mask here.”

“Really? Yay!” He said, clapping his hands lightly and smiling like a child.

"Yup! Let's go." Kyuhyun replied, his own smile forming.

 


"Kyuhyun this is so plain! I want a nicely decorated one like yours!!!" Sungmin whined as he played with the plastic mask in his hands.

"Draw on it yourself. Customize it!" Kyuhyun suggested.

"I can't." Sungmin pouted.

"I can." Kyuhyun smiled as he randomly dug out a silver pen from his backpack.

"Don't ruin it." Sungmin warned.

"Thanks for the trust you have in me." Kyuhyun replied sarcastically.

“I just want it to look as pretty as yours.” He said with a pout. 

“It’s okay, I bet once I’m done, it’s going to look better than mine.” He reassured with a warm smile.

"Yay!" Sungmin laughed as he turned to the mask. "At the very least, it's pink."

"And?"

"Pink is my Favourite colour in the whole wide world." Sungmin stated as Kyuhyun laughed.

“Oh really? I can tell why.” He said, making the short look at him with question, “Pink is a sweet colour. Just like you.”

"Y-yah. No teasing, remember?" Sungmin reminded as he flushed a bright pink.

"I wasn't teasing." Kyuhyun defended. "I was just saying."

"Annoying." Sungmin pouted.

"Same to you." Kyuhyun grinned as he passed the mask back. "Here, I'm done."

 

"Life is so unfair."

"Why?"

"You're good at singing, gaming, drawing, and everything. You are practically perfect! This is injustice."

“Well, you have a good singing voice as well, and you obviously would be good at gaming if you came to this place.” 

"Or maybe not." Sungmin whispered, biting his lip as the tears threatened to spill once more.

"Hey, hey, did I say something wrong? I’m sorry.”

"No, it's nothing." Sungmin smiled, shaking his head. "There's nothing to be sorry about."

"You sure?"

"Yep." Sungmin grinned. "Kyuhyun?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you sing me a song?"

"If that makes you happy."

"It will."

"Hmm. Okay then." Kyuhyun agreed as he started humming a tune.

Oneul babocheoreom
Geu jarie seo inneun geoya
Biga naerimyeon heumppeok jeojeumyeo
Oji annneun neoreul gidaryeo


Naneun haengbokhaesseo
Geu son japgo geotdeon gieoge
Tto dwidora bwa nega seo isseulkka bwa

"That was really, really beautiful. One question though," Sungmin smiled as Kyuhyun tilted his head. "Why'd you sing a sad song?"

“It represents what I’m feeling.” He said with a small smile.

“What? You’ve broken up?”

“Nah, it just felt like the right song to sing.”

"Hmm." Sungmin smiled. "Kyuhyun..."

"Yes, bunny?"

"I think I can tell you now."

"Tell me? Tell me what?"

"I-- well, my friend he... My best friend. He..."

"He?"

"He... He was murdered." Sungmin croaked out.

“What?” Kyuhyun whispered, shocked. No, please no.

"He... They found him in the forest." By now Sungmin was already in tears, shaking as his body was wrecked with sobs.

No.

"He was f-found only a couple of days ago with stab wounds on his chest… A-and cuts all over his b-body.”

It can’t be. Please God. Please.

"T-they said he was... He was..." Sungmin bit his lips. "H-hunted. He was caught. They did it. Those horrible, horrible people d-did it."

"I’m so sorry, Sungmin.” I really am. Please forgive me...

"It's not your fault." But it is...

"It's theirs." It's mine… I did this...

"I will never forgive them.” I understand, but I can’t tell you that it was me… not yet… I can’t have you hate me...


"Ever." They whispered at the same time. Sungmin leaned to Kyuhyun, placing his head on his chest and trying to forget about everything as Kyuhyun shut his eyes, wishing this was all just a dream.


Did we fool you at the start? XD and kyumin... Now we know who kyu killed. What will happen to min now? >o< drop us a comment to let us know what you think! :D please comment, subscribe, and up vote!!! :D

~ prom15e-to-13elieve and Anon_XD