Crooked

No Boundaries

“Yoochun- ah , is it possible to leave now? I’d appreciate it if I could sneak in a few naps before my drama filming later this after afternoon”. Yunho massaged his stiff neck. The lack of sleep is killing him, he was up filming till 4 in the morning and had to practise for the performance. Now he has to go back for another filming and god knows when it will end.

“I think it is possible, however I was hoping to introduce you to the company’s representative but i guess they’re busy entertaining other important guests. Let me give a call to the bodyguards, I’m sure your fans a swarming the entrance by now.” Yoochun was a year younger, but even so he knows how to do the job well. Yunho respects him a lot and listen well despite the man being younger, in fact they are close enough to be good friends.

In matter of minutes, two guards led them out towards the car that were already waiting. As expected a large group of fans were waiting and shouting along with placards. Some were crying and another was shouting frantically for the attention of the young star. Yunho walked swiftly into the car, with his shades on he really looks cool , no wonder these kids worship the tall guy a lot.

 

The event finally came to an end. Jaejoong was glad, he felt so awkward and lonely at these type of functions. Rather than celebrating the start of a new year for the company , it was more for a business venture and for flaunting the company’s unbeatable success to other companies. He felt his phone vibrating and checks it, seems like he had a couple of miscalls from his friend Changmin. He dialled the number and waits for a response from the other side.

“Oh Changmin-ah why did you called. I can’t treat you for meal right now, I’m busy”, said jaejoong with a smile.

“Yah you ungrateful child. Did you forget what day it is today? I visited uncle already. I thought you wanted to come with together. It’s so cold waiting for you so I left.  You forgotten didn’t you. Tsk , and you wonder why he loved me more than you.”

“Oh no! I did forget about it. Ahh, I’m leaving now, thanks for reminding me Min-ah . promise I’ll treat you for a large meal later. Ok bye talk later!”

Jaejoong called his driver and took the car as he sped away to the cemetery. He mentally kicked himself for forgetting an important day like today, work was getting intense now but that does not give him the right to forget his father’s death anniversary. He arrived soon after with some red bean buns he bought on the way.

“Appa , I’m so sorry! I can’t believe I forgot about it, thank god Changmin reminded me. He visited you already didn’t he. Did he tell you lies about me again, you have to believe your son, appa , not that food freelancer. I even brought your favourite red bean bun. We ate them together before you, erm , left. How are you doing there? Are you happy with grandma and grandpa? I’m doing well I guess. I’m taking good care of mom if you’re wondering. But I think I need to be a better son , she has been busier than me doing things for the company so that I could be the next president. I wish she would trust me more instead of doing thing for me. I bet she’s tired with the constant travelling. The only person she would listen to is you, appa , so why don’t you visit her in her dreams and tell her to take it easy. Speaking of which , you stopped visiting me for a couple of months now. When are you coming back? I missed you a lot.”

Jaejoong sighed deeply. He was desperately trying not to cry , he promised he wouldn’t but it was so hard, 9 years later and he still couldn’t get over the pain of losing the one he looked up to. He’s trying to follow his father’s footsteps, taking over the company and managed it as successful as he father once did. But all the pressure was getting into his head that he finds himself suffocated amidst all the things happening around. Despite all that , the loneliness was the worst , slowly eating him up inside. Jaejoong left after he finished cleaning the grave but stopped at the roadside near a river. After a few seconds gazing longingly toward the calm waters , he started to sob miserably. Not really sure the exact reason why , but his heart aches in pain each time he finished visiting his father and he would always weep shortly after.

It was already dark when jaejoong finally composed himself and was confident he could drive safely. As he was driving he saw a food truck with Yunho’s name on it and probably the name of a drama he  is filming currently, jaejoong guessed. His curiosity peaked and he found himself following the truck closely. He finds himself at a filming site where he could see a group of people watching silently at the sideline. If it wasn’t for the no cross line, they would have swarmed and attack him by then. He saw Yunho in the midst of filming a scene that looks like him waiting for his lover with a small present box in one hand and a bouquet of flowers on the other while smiling longingly. Strangely , jaejoong found himself getting red eyed at the sight. He quickly blinked as to prevent tears forming and left the place, headed towards home. He couldn’t help but reminisce what was to him a beautiful memory he could not forget even if he tried.

“Hi,” A boy said nervously. “I have something to confess , I think I like you , no , I think I admire you. Wait no I don’t THINK , I really admire you.” He continued to stutter. “Will you go to the dance with me? That’s if you don’t already have a date, which is fine if you do cause I , erm , I’m cool with it you know”.

“Oh , erm , I don’t think I wil be going to the dance though” the other boy replied.

“I see...“, The boy hung he head low , obviously disappointed.

“But , I am free this weekend if you know, you want to hang out?” The boy’s eyes light up at the unexpected statement.

“Yes I’m very much free ! Always for you, I mean yes lets go out.” He tried to composed himself. “ I’ll wait you in front Aunt Inhee Cakeshop at 2 pm on Saturday! See you then”. He smiled widely at the other boy , showing his crooked teeth and proceed to run off but unfortunately slipped on his own shoes and fell.

“Gosh are you alright?” The other boy asked.

“Yes I’m fine don’t worry. Erm ok then , bye”. The boy left as fast as he could , leaving the other being chuckling and smiling at the adorable demeanour.

Jaejoong finally reached his house. He let himself fall onto a sofa as he closed his eyes and sighed again. Then his phone flashed, a call from the company.

“Hello Kim Jaejoong – shii sorry to have bothered you this late , but I would like to confirm a few things before your presentation tomorrow. Will we be using the old presenter for our product or you have somebody else in mind?”

Jaejoong stopped to think for awhile. He had this strange idea but he wasn’t sure if he should do it.

“Assistant Team Leader Shim , I have someone else in mind. I want to change our presentor.”

“Alright then Director Kim. I’ll take my leave now.” The other side hung up , but jaejoong still clutched on his phone as if he knew somebody was going to call him at that minute, in which the phone did rang with the same number.

“Yah HYUNG! Why would you change the presentor. Are you trying to make the old man hate you more?”

“Shim changmin stop using ‘Yah’ on me. You strange kid. I knew you would call again , why can’t you just scold me the first time around rather than calling me back a few seconds later. You really need to see the doctor for that dual personality of yours.”

“I called you as Assistant Team Leader the first time so I wasn’t gonna tell my boss off. God knows he’ll fire me there and then. But now I’m calling you as the smarter friend. Now don’t change the subject. It’s already late aren’t your slides done? Why change suddenly, I was asking to follow protocol , didn’t expect you to go crazy.”

“Don’t worry about it I’ll get it done. I’m doing this because I think it will bring more good to the company. Just trust me. I’m hanging up now to start doing work. I’ll see you tomorrow , you brat.”

“Aish , just suit yourself Hyung. Just don’t tire yourself too much. Promise uncle I’ll make your lives miserable but I can’t do that if you’re already doing it to yourself. Bye hyung. Good luck for tomorrow.”  

Jaejoong proceed to his working area , his expression changed to that of a serious one and his slender fingers furiously press on the keyboard.