Hospital

No Boundaries

Yunho was driving home, humming along with the song on the radio when he heard a very famillilar ring tone. He was very sure that it wasn’t his and as his eyes searches for the sound. He then realized that it was Jae’s handphone, the guy must have dropped it somehow and Changmin’s caller Id was flashing repeatedly. Yunho parked his car at the side of the road and proceed to answer the phone.

“Why are you calling him so late in the night?” Yunho asked.

“If it’s not the big jealous guy. I’m his assistant I have the right to call him about work, and what about you? Since when he let you answer his phone?” Changmin retaliate.

“I’d ask where your manners are changmin –ah  , using banmal on me, but you won’t be able to answer then. He left his phone in my car, I just finished dropping him off.”

“Would you mind giving it back to him, I could call him from his home number but I bet he would need the phone for tomorrow.”

“I’m planning to turn back now. I’m hanging up , see you when I see you monkey.”

With that yunho skilfully turned his car around headed back to Jaejoong’s house. As he was nearing the quiet neighbourhood , he could see a sillhoute in front of Jaejoong’s gate , lying on the cold hard tar road and as his car proceed to come nearer his eyes widened in panic. He stopped his car abruptly, running  towards the seemingly lifeless man.

“Jae!”. Yunho cradled the young director in his arms. He was lying in his pool of blood , instinctively Yunho took of his jacket, applying sufficient pressure to the wound he had carefully search for.

“I need an ambulance now , my boyfriend’s is unconscious I think somebody had stabbed him. Quick, he lost a lot of blood!” Yunho called the ambulance, stuttering at every word. The wheather wasn’t particularly cold, but yunho found himself shaking as he stares into his lover’s pale face.

“Jaejoong –ah , you have to hang in there, please , I beg you.” Yunho found himself shedding tears after tears, feeling terrified and helpless at the same time.

 

“It’s late Jaejoong. What is it?”

“Hello Mrs Kim? This is Yunho.”

“Why are you calling me on my son’s phone?I guess you’re with him now. I have nothing to say to you.”

“Please Mrs Kim hear me out. You need to go to S Hospital right now. Jaejoong is hurt.”

“What? What do you mean?? How bad is he , what did you do you insolent child!”

“You have to come here quick, please. I’m sorry.” Yunho the hung up the phone. He had goten onto the ambulance along with Jaejoong as he saw the paramedics taking over applying pressure on the gaping wound. There were just so much blood on Jaejoong and also on him that he found himself feeling a bit faint. He had called his manager and also Changmin. They too were bewildered at the news and were shooting questions that he himself had no answers to.Yunho remain stoic as he sat on the cold hospital floor burying his head into his hands, unaware of the arrival of Yucheon and Changmin. Both man inches closer to the broken star.

“Yunho, we’re here.” Said Yucheon.

“Yucheon –ah , Changmin –ah !” Yunho stood up and started hugging the two man.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what to say. Jaejoong… he… I … have no idea what happened.” Yunho starts to sob miserably.

“Yunho- hyung it’s okay.” Changmin said rubbing has hands on the star's back.

“What if he doesn’t make it. I can’t … I can’t live without him.” When yunho had said that Yucheon started to pull the man away and hold firmly onto his shoulders.

“Don’t you say that Jung Yunho! Don’t even think it. You hear me. He will be alright  , he has to be.” Yucheon shouted.

Yunho stop and stare at the two young guys in front of him, trying to compose himself. Jaejoong hasn’t left him yet, he’s fighting inside the Operation theartre , fighting for both of them.

Everyone's attention was averted to a running footsteps, as they saw Kim Nam Joon charging towards Yunho.

“What did you do to my son! What happen , why is he hurt! If anything happens to him , I will SUE you!.” Kim Namjoon started shouting and crying, hitting Yunho pathetically.

“Calm down Mrs Kim. If it wasn’t for Yunho , Jae wouldn’t be found and brought to the hospital. It wasn’t his fault. He has no idea what happen too. Lets just wait for the police later. For now we all need to calm down and pray for Jaejoong’s safety.” Changmin said grabbing her away from the timid man.

The emergency lights went off, a man in blue clothwear came out.

“Kim Jaejoong’s family members?” Everyone quickly surrounded the man, demanding how the young director was doing.

“The knife had nicked one of his kidney, but once we found that we were able to repair it. He did however lost a lot of blood and suffered a major trauma. But we think he will be alright.” The doctor said as he smiled.

Yunho exhaled heavily, he felt relieved and thankful his lover was out of harm’s way.

“When can I see him?” Yunho asked.

“I will not allow you to see him. He’s not family, I want him nowhere near my son!” Kim Namjoon shouted at the startled surgeon. Suddenly two police officers came to ask a few questions to Yunho who had found Jaejoong first.

“Officers, did you find out who did this to my son? You have to catch the culprit” Mrs Kim said desperately.

“We believe he has been mugged by a drug addict. There were traces of in the wound entry , his watch , wallet and phone were missing. All evidences pointing towards theft crime , but we will need to carry out futhur investigation. Mr Jung , did you see anything suspicious when you found Mr Kim?" A well built police officer asked.

“I dropped him off earlier after we hung out , but he left his phone in my car so I had to turn around to give it to him. But when I arrived I saw him on the floor already bleeding heavily. I realized his ring was missing too, I thought he dropped it when …”. Yunho couldn’t say the word. He felt his throat constrict and feeling bitter.

“I see, he didn’t lose his phone then but I think his attacker had took the ring. We have searched the area and didn’t found anything.Thank you for your cooperation Mr Jung. We will investigate more into this and let you know as soon as we get more answers.” The officers excused themselves and proceed to leave.

Mrs Kim then proceed to leave as she followed one of the nurses where her son’s was being admitted.

“Yunho, let me take you home first. You’re covered in blood , you need to clean up. Mrs Kim won’t let you in, I will find a way to help you see him. But for now lets go home first. There’s a lot of reporters outside, I have no idea how they found out so quick, but don’t worry I called the bodyguards, they should be arriving soon.” Yucheon said

“What did I do wrong that i couldn’t even see  him? Is it because I love him, was that such a big sin?” Yunho said angrily.

“Hyung , please. You know how she is, she’s probably shocked by the news. I promise you when you come tomorrow morning , I’ll make sure you get to see him.” Changmin tried to console the star.

Feeling dejected, Yunho decided to leave and came back later in the morning like Changmin had suggested. He couldn’t see Jaejoong in that condition, he might wake up tomorrow and he shouldn’t see a sloppy Yunho.

 

It was four in the morning as Yunho sat on the kitchen table unable to fall asleep. He keep staring at the watch wanting time to pass by faster. He decided he wouldn’t wait any longer , so  went straight for his cor, pushing the reporters that were waiting all night in front of his house. When he reached the hospital , he saw a tired changmin , holding a coffee in one hand, his eyes were bloodshot red indication the man has been awake for a long time.

“Yunho – hyung, it’s like you have the sixth sense for jaejoong – hyung. Mrs Kim just left to pack clothes for jaejoong. SO he’s alone in there, go see him. I bet he’d be happy to hear your voice.” Changmin said with smile as he points out which room the man is resting in.

“Thank you Changmin –ah” Yunho said as he hurriedly enters the private room.

There he saw, the man he came to love deeply, resting peacefully with not a care in the world. All the machines that were beeping annoying, didn’t bother the sleeping beauty even one bit. Yunho sat on a chair that was already there at the side of the bed.

“Hey.” Yunho said with a shaky voice as his fingers ran through Jaejoong smooth black hair.

“I’m here Jae."