The Storm

No Boundaries

‘Love At The Hospital’ , a local newspaper headline with both Yunho and Jaejoong pictures that were taken when they were at the hospital. Another day news also headlines , ‘ Jung Yunho Loveline’. Dispatch Magazine too , with pictures of Jaejoong in a company conference and Yunho pictures taken from the photoshoot he did for the company. Basically all the news were ranting about how the employer and the employee were doing their own thing in the background. Some even accused Yunho of seducing the director to make his way to the top. Fans of Yunho were enraged by this , each commented on how Jaejoong has seduced their ‘oppa’ for personal satisfaction. Overall the news had nothing nice to say about the whole situation.

Jaejoong was in the office as usual , working on paperworks and final touches for the grand launching of the product, when suddenly changmin came in with a newspaper in hand.

“Hyung you have to see this.” As changmin frantically showed him the almost crumpled newspaper.

“No, no . This can’t be happening”. Jaejoong shake his head in disbelief.

“Hyung it’s all over the news. I don’t know what to say to you, but this doesn’t look good.” Changmin put his hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder, trying to comfort the man.

The phone on Jaejoong’s table rang, it was his secretary on the other line.

“Director Kim , the president has requested for a adhock board meeting in an hour.” The young woman said.

“Thank you Secretary Kang.” Jaejoong said as his lips quivered.

“What do I do Changmin-ah. Yun – Yunho , he must be in a lot of trouble now.” Jaejoong said fearfully.

“Hyung! You’re not exactly okay either. I’m pretty sure your uncle would have a lot to say about this, and your mother too. We have to think of something, anything for damage control.” Changmin raised his voice. Even in such situation jaejoong was more concern of yunho than his own well being, it hurts to even witness the whole scene. He couldn’t help but wonder the immense pain Jaejoong must be feeling now.

Everyone soon gathered the meeting room. Jaejoong’s mom was glaring at him, while the president showed up with a tight face.

“You scandal has ruined our company image Director Kim ! You leave me no choice but to suspend your job. Assistant team leader Shim, you will be leading the team from now on, that includes our Grand Launching in few days time.” The president said with no hesitation.

Jaejoong was letting the new order sinked in. Changmin felt bad that he had to take over the project that Jaejoong had worked so hard for the past few months. Jaejoong look lost and defeated.

Mrs Kim on the other wasn’t going to back down easily. “My son love life has nothing to do with the company. It’s just a rumour, none has been confirmed.”

“Yes it does. He was the one who chose the presenter. Moreover he violated the company policy , making us look bad in the media.”

Mrs Kim started to raise her voice . “But you can’t use it as a …….” She stopped halfway as jaejoong hold onto her hand tightly.

“That’s enough Mrs Kim. I understand President Kim. I will take full responsibility of my action and I apologized to all.” Jaejoong said. He doesn’t need more drama in the company, he was in fault and so he did not want his mother and uncle to have fought in front all of the directors because of the things he had done.

 

Yunho is in his bedroom. Ever since the news broke out, every reporter in town has been chasing him and now it seems that he’s trapped in his own house, unable to go out. He repeatedly pace around his bedroom with a pair of soccer boots in his hands. Apparently the gift jaejoong had bought him had just arrived in the morning. Yunho read the card. It says,

 “ To my dearest person , I bought this boots thinking of you. I hope you can wear this and win the game for us. Jung Yunho fighting!”

Yunho sighed deeply. He remembered the news he had just witnessed on the television. His mind is all messed up. He too like Jaejoong felt lost and helpless. “What should I do”, he said to himself.

 

Jaejoong returned to the office, finishing up his side of work so he could pass on to Changmin faster. His mother soon stormed in with an annoyed expression and was just raging in anger. Jaejoong paid no attention as he focused on the papers he had in hand.

“How could you let this happen son. That old fox wants to destroy us. Aish , I can’t let it happen!” Kim Nam Joon said. Jaejoong on the other hand remained expressionless as he scans through the documents.

 

“I don’t care if it’s real or not but my son, you need to stop the scandal right now. What will your father stay if he was her. My head hurts so much. I need to go back home and rest.” Kim Nam Joon left the office hurriedly. Jaejoong stopped and gave a loud sigh. His mother was right, he has to do what he should have done before. It’s the right thing to do , but why does his heart felt so much pain and anger.

 

Jaejoong had finish sorting out the remaining documents. He heads out to give changmin all the files he needed to take over. He requested two secretaries to help him bring the files over and as he walks towards changmin’s place, there stood yunho, pacing the hallway. Both of them locked eyes and Jaejoong found himself taking a few steps towards the star, but his steps quickly stopped as he was reminded of the situation , of his mom and also his dead. Jaejoong decided to turn around and leave a bewildered Yunho. The young star on the other hand remain stoic, unsure of what to do. Soon it downed on him that Jaejoong was avoiding him , and perhaps trying to end things. His eyes widened at the particular realization.

Jaejoong decided not to meet changmin , so he instructed the secretaries to deliver the documents for him. Jaejoong drove his car back home, deep in thoughts. He could hear his phone ringing endlessly, he doesn’t even need to see the caller id to guess who was calling. As he reached his place, Jaejoong started to pour himself some wine he had. Glass after glass, Jaejoong showed no sign of stopping. Yunho on the other hand desperately trying to reach the man but with no success. Jaejoong had finished 3 bottles of wine, he was now shedding tears. He felt trapped, useless and hopeless. Everyone he cared about was hurting, his mom , yunho , he failed his dad and that was the most painful feeling in the world. He know he has to let Yunho go , but somehow his heart would comprehend and the guilt was eating himinside. His phone started to buzz again , and this time jaejoong actually checked the caller ID. To no surprise it was yunho and jaejoong contemplated if he should answer but then finally decide he should not and proceed to dump his phone in his glass of wine .