Knife

Sugar, Spice and a Bit of Something Bitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

-KNIFE-

 

 

 

My real name is Im Yoona but I now go by the name of Kim Yoona. I was married to man named Kim Jaejoong for two years now and we are happy. I was one of those lucky journalists that have been granted entrance to North Korea. I am Korean but grew up in the US. I am an only child and my parents passed away years ago.

 

I am now currently setting up the table for our dinner. It’s our wedding anniversary. I smiled as I saw my husband enter the dining area in his uniform. I approached him and tiptoed to give a peck on the lips, but it seems like he has other ideas, for he grabbed my waist and the simple kiss was deepened.

 

“Hey, General, we should probably start eating before the food gets called,” I said to him mischievously and walked back to the table.

 

“Smells good but I think I know something that smells and taste better than the food,” he replied as he took his seat while sending me a playful grin.

 

I simply laughed at him and shook my head. We started eating in peace and with some small talks about our day. By the end of our meal, I finally took the courage to break the news to him.

 

“Jae?” and he looked directly at me, quite worried.

 

My hand was shivering and I bit my tongue, wondering if I really have the courage to do this. Jae took my hand on his and smiled at me reassuringly.

 

“Jagiya, what’s wrong? Please tell me that’s nothing is wrong,”

 

“I-no, Jae, I have to tell you something,” I said detracting my hands from him. I stood up, turning my back to him.

 

“J-Jae, I-“

 

“What is it, Yoona?”

 

“Yoona is not even my real name! Jae, everything I told you is a lie!” I shouted while looking at him.

 

“I know,” was his simple reply. I looked at him confused of what’s going on. How did he know?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter