Sign

Sugar, Spice and a Bit of Something Bitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11: Sign

 

-SIGN-

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

 

For him, it was as clear as daylight and yet when he looked around, looking for the other’s reactions, searching for that one glimpse of recognition, he found none.

 

He stared at the current object of his curiosity again. He was currently conflicted about the actions that he’ll take; after all, a pebble can create a thousand ripples.

 

He finally sighed, taking the route of the slightly indifferent and turned his attention back to his friends but at the same time, always keeping her on sight. There, just right on his peripheral vision.

 

There were no grave incidences, a little cough there, that she brushed as having swallowing in the wrong tube, a slight dizziness there that she reasoned because of the weather, but he knew better. Those were not as simple as she or her friends thought. After all, he can also see the bruises all over her milky white skin that she tried to hide with long sleeves and jackets. But, as a person who has been watching her from the start, those things will not escape his sight.

 

Days passed and he has observed that things were escalating with her, as he saw her slightly limping towards her friends who didn’t seem to see her changes.

 

He decided to take action. He confronted her.

 

 

 

 

Park Sandara really wasn’t one of the famous people in their school. She’s one of the average ones who have a few friends there, some average grades, and just living life daily. So, imagine her surprise when the most famous guy in their school asked to talk to her, alone.

 

Dara scuttled nervously as Kim Jaejoong silently stared at her. He brought her to the back of the school where it’s impossible for anyone to eavesdrop.

 

“Sandara-ssi, are you being abused at home?” Dara stiffened upon hearing the blunt question. She looked everywhere but at Jaejoong and tried to answer apathetically.

 

“Ah, hehe, what are you talking about, Jaejoong-ssi? Me? Abused? No way, I’m perfectly fine, and my home is fine,” she replied still not looking at him.

 

“Sandara-ssi, please look at me,” she slowly turned to look at him straight in the eyes. Dara saw pain, sadness, desperation and another thing she cannot identify… but not pity, never pity.

 

“I see you,” Jaejoong said. And as if that one sentence was enough, Dara started trembling and for some unexplainable reason, tears just kept pouring down nonstop.

 

Jaejoong held out his hand, offering comfort. Dara, then clutched his hand tightly to hers, holding it like a life line as the memories of all that she’s been suffering came running to the front of her mind. She felt Jaejoong’s arms around her small frame, shielding her from all the pain.

 

“Shh… it’s alright. We’re going to figure it out somehow,” Dara then moved to wrap her arms around his torso, tears still streaming down. She brok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter