Lollipop

Sugar, Spice and a Bit of Something Bitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Lollipop

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

-LOLLIPOP-

 

 

“Now, I want you to go back here if you have trouble breathing again. Also, don’t forget to always bring your inhaler with you, okay?”

 

“Yes, Doctor. I promise!”

 

“That’s a good girl. Run along now and ask nurse Yani for some lollies,” giving the doctor a toothy grin and nodding enthusiastically, the girl bounced excitedly to the front desk where her reward for being well-behaved during the check-up is waiting. Following after her is her mother who first gave a grateful nod and a goodbye greeting to the doctor.

 

This is the everyday life of Doctor Sandara Park as a paediatrician.

 

Children coming to the hospital with lots of coaxing and tantrums with their worried and anxious parents. It’s one of the most difficult job to get into since children tends to panic especially during injection. But knowing that a child is happy and healthy after the check-up is all the dear doctor could ask for in her profession.

 

Before totally getting lost in her musings, the nurse knocked on her door and gave her the file of her next patient. She scanned the document over before looking up and smiling to the cute little boy and the old man who entered. The boy has a light brown hair and brown eyes the made him look handsome. And just by looking at his posture, what with the scowl and his arms crossed, this little boy is going to be slightly difficult to handle.

 

“Come inside and take a sit Jae—,” Doctor Dara started to say but was immediately cut-offed by the cold voice emanating from the boy.

 

“Do not address me by the name,” he said and then stared at the doctor before turning his attention to the male beside him, “Why are we even with this incompetent doctor, Augustus? I want Dr. Yang, he is, after all, our family doctor,”

 

‘I was right. Definitely a difficult little boy.”

 

“Young Master JJ, Dr. Yang is currently in a very important seminar in Canada and suggested that Dr. Park be the one to handle your monthly checkup,”

 

‘Hmmm, a butler, a little spoiled then based on the tone he used… and Dr. Yang did mention an important patient of his. This must be him,’

 

“Hey! Hey you, you idiot doctor! I’ve been calling you for a while. See, Augustus? This is why I told you to simply call Dr. Yang back for my checkup,” he exclaimed.

 

“Sorry about that, JJ. Here take some candies,” Dr. Dara said pushing a bowl of various candies to the boy. The young master stared at it for a few minutes then back at Dara again before scoffing and turning away.

 

“I have no desire to consume any candy from a commoner,”

 

‘Oh, dear Lord, this child speaks like a nobility!’ Dr. Dara thought and somewhat feeling like she should immediately bow down to the child or something but brushed off the ridiculous idea.

 

“You speak like a really mature person,” Dr. Dara then saw the boy’s eyes  light up and a smug expression painted on his face upon hearing the compliment, “Why don’t you take a seat first, JJ? Isn’t that what a respectable person should do upon the presence of another individual?”

 

Well, Dr. Dara really didn’t know that as she didn’t have any etiquette lessons and her family is quite simple, so, she’s kinda winging it. And judging by the boy’s action of sitting down in the chair in front of her table, luck is on Dr. Dara’s side today.

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want any sweets?” she offered once again.

 

“Yes,”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter