.14

Little Girl

Namjoon put down his knife and the silence in the air became thick and clouded, making Minsyeon feel as if she was about to choke.

"You have a twin sister and the gang we're after has her."

---------

Minsyeon wasn't sure what to feel anymore, for all she knew was that her gang of friends had been lying to her the entire trip. She was cuddling the knife she was given by her Lee Joon Appa, softly crying into the pillow on the cold tent floor. 

How could they not tell her she had a twin?! How could they know before she did? This whole mission was just being played out for the sake of the twin sister she never got a chance of meeting at birth. Everyone she had grown to love in the past three years had kept her sister a secret. She wanted to know why. 

As she lay there, deep in though, Jin opened the tent and hugged the girl, nestling her head into his body. She sobbed against his shoulder, holding tightly onto her knife, knuckles white from the tight grip. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I was told when you and Minwoo went shopping. I didn't know that the secret would affect you that much. I'll promise to always be honest with you, no matter what, okay? Deal?" In reality, Jin couldn't bare to see his cute trainee crying in front of him. He wanted to hold her and protect her from all the dangers of this world. 

He is glad that Mblaq was there to find her before the same fate awaited her as it did to her sister. He only knew Minsyeon's twin's name. Her name was Daeyeon. Jin calmly shushed the girl down until she was comfortably sleeping in his embrace. After laying her down, he laid down as well and waited until her breathing slowed down more. 

Jin loved the little girl in front of him. Minsyeon was what he thought Namjoon and his kid would be like. Strong and intelligent but still dependent on them. Hopefully, Namjoon thought the same thing. All he wanted was for this gang drama to be over soon. He wanted to settle down in a safe area with the A group and have them live normal lives. Lives that didn't involve war and gangs and kidnapping. He wanted for all of them to have an equal opportunity at life. Especially the twins. He just knew that they would be able to get Daeyeon.

After smoothing back Minsyeon's messy bed hair, he whispered in her ear sweetly. 

"Your sister's name is Daeyeon." 

With that, he pushed himself off the cold, tapped ground and escaped the tent. Namjoon was waiting outside, along with the other dweebs. Jin pecked Namjoon's cheek lightly before starting the dinner on the open fire. 

No one interrupted Minsyeon as they sat around the fire, gazing up at the stars. They ate in hushed silence and frightened whispers. Namjoon and Jin cuddled with each other, telling each other sweet nothings and held each other tightly. 

The trainees all whispered silent goodnights and quiet wishes as they left for their own tents to spend the night. 

In the morning, who knew it would all be different?