Dead man walking chpt: 6

Dead man Walking

Looking from Kai to Luhan and back to Kai again, Kris' face was filled with worry and anger. "Sehun said..." having to bend over to catch his breath, "wait, i'm dead. Why do vampires have to catch their breath if they're dead? How is that even possible? we don't breathe. we're dead!" kris thought.

 

Kris had run to the room as fast as he could without flitting. "He did wake up and fight but I got it all taken care of" Kai announced before Kris could continue. Looking up, Kris stared into Kai's eyes, "he woke up?" He panted, still recovering from the long run. "Yes but only momentarily" Kai replied, "now if you don't mind I'd like for you to leave. I don't work well when other vampires are hovering around while I have a patient."

 

Grabbing an odd object from one of the operation counters, Kai walked to the side of the operation table where Luhan lay unconscious, still strapped to the table. Straightening his posture, Kris sighed, "How much longer will it be?" "I still have things to work on with his wound. It'll be a while and even longer if you continue to stand there like a dumb fool. So, I suggest you leave or I may never finish" Kai snapped, his impatience and annoyance with Kris more than clear to hear in his voice. "Alright then" Kris mumbled, looking sadly at his narrotaie from where he stood before leaving, closing the doors silently behind him before sliding down to the floor and closing his eyes while he leaned against the doors, wondering when Luhan's operation would be finished.


 ~|several hours later|~
Feeling a pair of hands wrap themselves around his shoulders, they shook him harshly but Kris hardly reacted. "Sir... sir... Master Kris!?" A voice rang in Kris' ears. Jolting awake at the sound of the voice, Kris looked to see Xiumin and Kyungsoo kneeling down in front of him, looking at him intently, "are you alright?" his eyes fluttered a couple times before Kris was shaken awake once more by Xiumin. "I'm fine" Kris snapped causing both Kyungsoo and Xiumin to stumble backwards with fright "I'm fine" he repeated.


Pushing himself from the floor into a standing position, Kris cleared any dust that collected onto his shirt and wiped where Xiumin had held onto it before looking at the pair of narrotaies that stood before him. Huffing a sigh of annoyance he asked the two males, "is it done? The operation?" Looking at each other, before looking back at Kris, Kyungsoo began to stutter "uh.. well uh... um... it uh...." he began rubbing his neck as he stared at the floor, not daring to look at Kris directly, "he es... he es..." "what happened" Kris snapped at Kyungsoo, fearing that Luhan wasn't saved and had died but attempted to hide it as he screamed at the two narrotaies before him. "He escaped" Kyungsoo cowered, hiding behind Xiumin as Kris strode towards them, furious at what he'd heard.

 

" how could've Luhan escaped!? He was strapped to the damn table!!! You're lying! I can sense it... vampires can always tell when an idiotic narrotaie like you lies!!!" He screamed as he grabbed Xiumin by his arms, throwing him with his monstrous strength to the other side of the entry hall before taking hold of Kyungsoo's hair. "I... I.... Kai has all his crew searching for him" Kyungsoo shrieked, clawing at Kris' hand. Throwing him against the wall, Kris kneeled down as he grabbed Kyungsoo's hair forcefully again before glaring at him "then why aren't you searching with them!?" he growled.Feeling tears run down his face, Kyungsoo avoid Kris' deep stare, "he told me to inform you master Kris... he knew you could use your special powers to track him down... don't all vampires have special tracking powers?" He questioned in a low shriek.


No... no... not that I know of" Kris stuttered as he let go if Kyungsoo's hair, standing up and running towards the door that led out to the front of the house. "Mr... Master Kris where are you going?" Xiumin yelled. "To find Luhan!" Kris replied without looking back, forcing the front door to the mansion open quickly before exiting.


Watching as the large, wooden door closed with a deep thud, Kyungsoo and Xiumin both stood there momentarily before hearing static come from Kyungsoo's pants pocket, Kyungsoo fought to retrieve the object from his pants that made the noise. Grabbing and pulling it out, Kyungsoo held it up to his face, pressing the button that allowed him to hear Kai's and Sehun's voice. "Is he gone?" A voice asked. Not replying instantly, Kyungsoo jumped as he heard Sehun raise his voice and speak into the walkies-talkie "is that idiot of a vampire gone or what!" He snapped. "Yes he's gone" Xiumin replied, taking the device from Kyungsoo "he has left."


~|somewhere hidden in a dark, secret, hidden room in the mansion|~

"Good" Kai replied, smirking evilly tossing the device in his hands to the other side of the room causing it to land on the floor with a thud as it broke into pieces. "Now we may move on with our plan... what was the next step?" He asked devilishly as he the cheeks of a restrained narrotaie. Being held by Sehun, one hand covering his mouth as the other wrapped itself around his chest while his feet were crushed by Sehun's legs that were wrapped around them. Crying out only to have his screams muffled by Sehun's large hand, the narrotaie fought hard to get away.

 

"Shhhhhhh, don't struggle too much. You don't want to tear you wound open do ya?" Sehun whispered to the frightened boy being held by him " You won't get away. Stop struggling." Kai continued the cheeks of the frightened boy before asking again "what was the next step!" Looking to the boy who continued struggling against his grasp, Sehun smiled at the sound of his muffled screams, "I don't know. What do think Luhan? What should be the next step?" He asked the fighting narrotaie as he leaned his face to the boys ear and whispered evilly, "What's the next step?"