Dead man walking chpt: 5

Dead man Walking

Looking down at the dark, thick liquid in the glass Kris couldn't think of anything other than Luhan, images of him choking on his blood, fear in his wide eyes, replayed in his mind. Kyungsoo watched as Kris stared blankly at the marble counter facing the bar. "You alright?", waiting for Kris to reply, Kyungsoo stopped wiping the counter. "I'm fine" Kris muttered, an austere expression remained on his face as he replied, still looking down at the drink Kyungsoo had handed him. "He'll be OK. Master Kai has dealt with revaruox attacks before...." Kyungsoo fell silent as his eyesight fell to the floor, gulping harshly but silently enough for Kris not to hear before muttering "once."


 ~|meanwhile, in the operation room|~
Grabbing a tool from the counter behind him, wiping sweat from his forehead, Kai stuck it into Luhan's neck. A strange object had been spotted in his throat, near his external jugular vein and Kai was determined to find out what it was. Grabbing the object with the tool he had grabbed from the counter, Kai took his time removing it, making sure not to hit any veins or arteries that could result in Luhan dying.... although he seemed dead already.


~|in the bar room|~
"It's blood from Sungmin..... before he died... with a bit of rum and vodka mixed in" Kyungsoo remarked as he watched Kris tilt the drink he'd been handed towards himself slightly and lifted it towards his lips. Pausing, Kris looked at Kyungsoo "Sungmin huh. I'm still sorry to hear about him" Kris replied looking at Kyungsoo who swiftly lowered his head, lowering his gaze to the floor. Sungmin had been Kyungsoo's friend since he came to the palace as Kai's new narrotaie and had died from revaruox. "That's OK. At least he died quickly unlike most.... from what I've heard." Looking away, it hurt Kris to see Kyungsoo still upset about his friend. "How's Zelo doing?" He asked, trying to take his and Kyungsoo's mind off of Sungmin.


Looking up at Kris, Kyungsoo replied "he's doing great. He's still not used to the narrotaie lifestyle but he's a quick learner." Smiling at Kyungsoo, Kris remembered the drink in his hand. "Whelp, here goes the last of the wonderful, lost Sungmin" Kris said as he knocked his head backwards, quickly gulping down the last of Sungmin's blood. Kyungsoo smiled sorrowfully as he watched Kris drink the last of his dead friends' blood. Suddenly, the door bell rang loudly all across the mansion. Kyungsoo walked out from behind the bar counter and strided towards the door that led to the hall of the mansion. Kris was left to himself in the bar room. Looking from over his shoulder to the alcohol bottles and blood jars that were set across several cabinet drawers, he looked at the labels of each bottle.

 

Zoning out, Kris jumped slightly as he heard the doors to the room open up again. looking over his shoulder, Kris saw Kyungsoo lead two people into the room, one was easily recognizable while the other, smaller person behind him was less noticeable. "Ah Kris! Long time no see!!" The taller male said, as he sat next to him. "Sehun.... Xiumin" Kris greeted with a slight nod of his head to each of them. "Wow Xiumin, you're much more muscular than you were last time I saw you" he remarked astonished at the smaller male who sat to his right while Sehun sat to the left of him. "Yeah, I have?" Xiumin asked excitedly. Kris nodded his head "yes quite a lot." Xiumin's wide smile made Kris smile back. Sehun remained silent as Kris and Xiumin talked, suddenly tired of remaining silent after taking a couple of shots, he blurted "so I heard your little narr narr got bitten by an infected revaruox diseased narry." Falling silent, Kris slowly turned his head to Sehun "and where'd you hear that?!" Kris snapped. Smirking, knowing he'd succeeded in pissing Kris off, Sehun looked to him with his signature, bratty smile spread across his face.


"I read your mind and.... I also heard him screaming from inside the operation room" Sehun said smiling evilly. Fuming, Kris hit Sehun across his face before leaving the room quickly.


~|mean while, in the operation room|~
Trying to silence the fighting Luhan, Kai looked for anything that could silence him. If Kris heard Luhan screaming, Kai would be in big trouble. Having already strapped Luhan's feet and hands to the table, Kai looked around frantically for anything to make Luhan shut up. As Kai rummaged through drawers to find something, Luhan fought against the straps that held him to the table "Kris!!! Kris help me!!" he screamed before feeling a hand cover his mouth. "Shhhhhh! I'm trying to help you!" Kai sneered in a whisper as he looked down at Luhan. Luhan didn't know if he could trust this stranger. Afraid of what this stranger was going to do to him, he began screaming and fighting against the restraints again. His muffled screams irritated Kai and as blood began rushing out of his neck from him struggling, Kai could smell it and fought hard not to sink his teeth into him and drink every ounce of blood in Luhan's body.

 

Suddenly remembering about a special power he'd recently found out about that vampires had, Kai cupped both his hands around Luhan's nose and mouth and leaned down close to his face. Kai breathed deeply before blowing on Luhan's face. As Luhan breathed in, an extreme dizziness filled his body before his eyes became heavy and closed. Feeling Luhan's body go limp, Kai looked up, un-cuffing his hands from around Luhan's face as he saw Luhan sleeping deeply. Sighing, Kai straightened up and walked to the cabinet that held cloths in it. Pulling one out, he pressed it against Luhan's bleeding neck. "He'd seemed dead. Where did his sudden life and strength come from?" Kai wondered as he watched the cloth instantly become stained with Luhan's blood. Bursting through the doors, Kris skidded to a halt as he looked at Kai who, in return, was looking at him.