Dead man walking chpt: 10

Dead man Walking

"People expect us to live in places like this?" Kris asked aloud, disgusted, cringing at the sight of the house. Looking over at Kris, Suho nodded "and they expect us to sleep in coffins also." Both hunching over as they both twitched with disgust. Looking around, it was clear to see that the house was in horrible condition. Large, abandoned spider webs covered every inch of the walls and doorways, even the abandoned couches, lamps, and the stairs were entirely covered. An inch of dust was settled on the floors of the house and stairway. "Not even the spiders who made these webs wanted to live here. How could humans be so naive to think that we'd be willing to stay in places like this?" Kris asked amazed.

 

Ignoring him, Suho made his way around the entryway, causing dust to mix into the air. "Lets look for Luhan and get outta here" He finally mumbled after swiping his hand through the air to see how stuffed up the room had become from him shuffling around. "Yes. Lets do that" Kris shook his head agreeing with the other vampire. Separating into different sections of the house, Suho looked through the living room while Kris looked through the kitchen in search of the lost narrotaie. Even places that no human being larger than a newborn baby could hide were searched through thoroughly. Making their way around the entire house, each searched through all the rooms in the house twice to make sure they hadn't missed anything that could give them a clue of Luhan's whereabouts.

 

Meeting back at the entryway inside the house, Kris and Suho both had a disappointed look on their face as they looked at each other. "If Luhan had come here, there would've been tracks" Suho said, braking the long silence between him and the, now, distraught vampire facing him. "I was thinking the same thing" Kris agreed shaking his head. "Lets go back to Kai's place and make sure he's not still there and no one managed to see him" Suho suggested.


Too upset to say anything, Kris felt like giving up. If Luhan wasn't here or at any of the other places him and Suho had searched then it was highly unlikely that he'd still be at Kai's place hiding somewhere in his mansion. Thinking of the worst scenario, he lowered his head with sadness. "What if he's changed? What if someone found him and is taking him to the hospital? What if I never see my narrotaie again?" He thought to himself.


Suho could sense Kris' will to give up. Placing his hand upon the taller male's shoulder, he shook it lightly, tightening his grasp around it slightly as he shook it repeatedly. "Vampires don't give up so easily Kris. Don't feel discouraged. We'll find Luhan. I, personally, won't stop searching until he's found and taken back to your place where he'll be kept safe" he said, hoping to cheer Kris up a little bit. Looking up from the ground, Kris gave Suho a weak smile and did the same to his friend, barely shaking his shoulder to let him know that he appreciated his friend's persistence in finding his lost slave. "Lets go" he said in an almost inaudible whisper. Placing his arm around the taller's shoulder, Suho walked out of the house, Kris having a hard time following because of having to lean down so Suho's arm wouldn't hurt his neck as it wrapped itself around him.


~|meanwhile.... at Kai's mansion|~

Feeling his eyelids becoming too heavy to keep open, Luhan fought hard to keep staring at Xiumin who was watching Sehun and Kai feed on him. Finally closing his eyes, Luhan passed out, feeling numb as he fell into the darkness. watching as he shut his eyes, Xiumin could feel the pain of guilt rush through him.


Xiumin knew what it was like to be in Luhan's position. "How could I have helped them do this to him?" He wondered, beating himself up in a mental war with himself as he looked down in shame, walking out of the room to think to himself instead of watching Kai and Sehun drain Luhan of his blood.