Dead man walking chpt: 3

Dead man Walking

As Kris entered his house he dropped all but one of the bags he was carrying to the floor gently. Once all the bags were settled on the floor, He walked to the end of the hall with one bag dangling in his right hand. Kicking the corner of the long, Red carpet, which ran from the front door to the end of the hall, to the side. Kris kneeled down and opened the trapdoor that led down to the room where Luhan was being kept. As he walked down the familiar stairways and halls he thought about how he felt bad for Luhan and all the other narrotaies. "They never signed up or asked for this to happen... there are plenty of delusional people in the world that would willingly sign their lives away just to become a slave of a vampire yet we kidnap those who are innocent and scared and force them into the life of a narrotaie" Kris thought.

 

Reaching the door that led into the room where Luhan was, Kris unlocked the latches and locks on the door, opening it slowly. Entering the room, Kris looked into Luhan's cell and frowned. Luhan was gasping and panting quietly while laying on his back, his back arched upwards because of his tied hands being under it. It was evident that he'd been crying and struggling against the chains that tied his hands and feet. Looking up at Kris, Luhan could barely open his eyes, he was that exhausted. "My heart may not be beating... but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings" Kris thought as he felt saddened at how helpless Luhan looked. Opening the door to Luhan's cell, Kris kneeled down, setting the bag he was carrying down as he did before picking it up after grabbing Luhan and Carried him out of the room.
Too tired to fight against Kris slinging him over his shoulder, Luhan watched though barely opened eyes as he was carried out of the cell and room that imprisoned him, through a dimly lit hall and up a long stairway before being blinded by darkness. "Where is he taking me? Where am I going?"

 

Setting Luhan down on the bed gently, Kris looked at his tired, sleeping face. Pulling his hands out from underneath his body, he unchained Luhan's hands and feet before leaving the room. Making sure to lock the door from the outside so Luhan couldn't escape if he tried, Kris shoved the key to the room into his pants pocket before heading down the long corridor and walked down the stairway to the entry hall. Picking up the bags that He'd set down once he got home, Kris carried them into the kitchen. Although vampires could survive on blood from humans and some animals, Kris also, occasionally, ate normal human food. More than half the bags were filled with food for Luhan though. Only two of the bags were for Kris. As he put the food away, he felt a pair of eyes watching him. Finishing putting the food away, Kris turned to see Chanyeol standing outside the kitchen window with one of his narrotaies, his favorite narrotaie to be exact, Baekhyun. Flicking his pinkie fingers back and forth, this was Kris' way of inviting other vampires into his house, although vampires didn't need to be invited into someones house to be able to enter their homes.

 

Within seconds, Chanyeol was standing in the archway that led from the entry hall to the kitchen with his narrotaie. "Your narrotaie looks like a crossbreed between a vampire, snake, and cat with how he looks right now" Kris remarked as he looked at Baekhyun from head to toe "I almost didn't recognize him." Chanyeol smiled but Baekhyun didn't react. "Yes his skin is rather pale today isn't it?" Chanyeol asked, looking from Kris to glance at Baekhyun. "Yes, and his narrowed lips and yellowed eyes.... his messy hair can also be added to the reasons why I remarked what I had before" Kris replied as he tilted his head along with Baekhyun, who seemed a little too quiet compared to normal. "He's been going through the transformation" Chanyeol blurted out as he watched Kris and Baekhyun stare at each other.

 

"Oh...." Kris snapped out of his daze.
The transformation, most commonly known as the "revaruox", was a certain transformation that happened to narrotaies when they've had too much of their blood removed, drank to much of a vampires blood (vampires will feed their blood to their slaves if the narrotaie is deathly sick or injured so they don't have to take them to a hospital and risk the narrotaie saying something to the doctors), or when a vampire and narrotaie had . The "revaruox" causes a narrotaies skin to become nearly as pale as a vampires, their eyes turn yellow with bright red rims form around their pupils, they stop eating and loose weight incredibly fast. In the worst case of the "revaruox" a narrotaie will start to peal off their skin and eat it, their hair will fall out, and they'll try to attack other narrotaies and drink their blood.

 

Knowing what Kris was wondering, Chanyeol said "it's both because of too much blood being removed from him and having to much blood to drink. You know how I am with this one..." he said as he put his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, causing Baekhyun to look up at him before looking back at Kris, ".... if he gets the tiniest scratch on him I can't help but give him blood to heal the wound. Or when I smell his blood, I can't fight back my urge to drink him nearly dry." "Hmmm" Kris mumbled as he looked at Chanyeol. Sensing what Kris was going to ask him, as Kris opened his mouth to speak, Chanyeol interrupted him "he hasn't gotten into the worst case of Revaruox yet. The transformation has hardly spread through him." Realizing that Baekhyun was in his house with an easily spread disease, his eyes widened, worrying about Luhan catching it "he must leave! He can't be here when Luhan's here! Are you trying to get him sick too?! Get Baekhyun out of here!" Kris yelled, frightening Baekhyun and surprising Chanyeol. "Alright, alright. Calm down" Chanyeol said as he told Baekhyun to wait outside.

 

Obediently listening to Chanyeol, Baekhyun left the house and headed to the spot where Chanyeol had told him to wait for him. As he squatted down in the darkness, He looked up to the second story of the mansion. A sudden smell caught Baekhyun's attention, a strong smell. He knew it was blood instantly. his lips, Baekhyun began climbing the building, up to the second story, to find out where the blood was.

 

~|mean while, in the kitchen|~ "So you're here for medicine?" Kris asked as he looked at Chanyeol with amazement. "Yes" he replied "I've asked all the vampires I know but none of them have any medicine to spare." "I would help you but I have none myself. Suho, a friend of mine, has plenty though. As long as you told him I sent you, he'd give you plenty of medicine, probably more than you'd ever need." Kris commented as he pondered whether Suho really would do this or not. "OK. Thank you so much!" Chanyeol yelped with happiness.

 

Writing down Suho's contact information and address, Kris handed it to Chanyeol. "Here you go. It has his contact information and everything. If you need any help just call me and I'll talk to him and persuade him to give you some medicine" he said. Looking down at the paper Kris had handed him, Chanyeol smiled as he looked back up to Kris. "OK, I wi..." A sudden crashing noise came from the second story of the mansion, followed by a bunch of banging, ramming, and a loud thud. As Kris and Chanyeol wondered what the sound was, they both heard a scream. "That's Luhans' scream" Kris thought. Chanyeol and Kris immediately ran out of the kitchen to get to Luhan. ~|end of chapter 3|~