Chapter 11

My Best Friend's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month had passed. Eunji felt that her days were always beautiful and brighter because of Jung Taekwoon, her crush that already being her official boyfriend. She almost spent all of her days with him. She felt like she was the happiest girl on Earth since Taekwoon always been a loving boyfriend toward her. They always took their lunch together after their classes end. At least 5 times in a week, Taekwoon always visited her house. Eunji’s parents had already known him, and they seemed agreeing their relationship, because Taekwoon was always showed his politeness in front of them, and they like it.

 

And today is the day where their university anniversary will be held. Eunji was becoming one of the MC for the ceremony. And she already came in to the school since earlier, while the ceremony will be held at 6 in the afternoon.

30 minutes left before its started, and Eunji took the chance to send a message to her boyfriend.

[Eunji] Oppa, where are you? The event will be started soon. You promised me that you’ll come, didn’t you?

She put her phone to her bag, as she busying herself to preparing the rundown for the event, and sometimes she took a glance on the mirror that hanging against the wall, to check up for her make-up.

“Eunji-ya, go to the backstage now. We will start the event in 5 minutes bacause lot of students already gathering in front of the stage, palli,” Hakyeon suddenly came inside the dressing room, and asked her to prepared.

“Okay, Oppa. I’ll be there soon,” Eunji nodded before got up from her seat and fixing her dress.

“Where’s Hyukkie?” Hakyeon asked as he put his gaze around the room to search for the maknae.

“He’s still in the toilet though, but he’ll be back soon,” Eunji said.

“Okay, you should wait for him first. And when he already come, both of you must stand by at the backstage soon,”

“Arasseo, thanks oppa,”

Hakyeon rushed himself out from the room. He seemed so busy today, since he had choose as the chief coordinator of the anniversary event. Eunji suddenly used that chance to glance at her cell phone. But, she frowned when she saw that there was still no message yet from her boyfriend.  And when she checked on the notification, Taekwoon still not read her message yet.

Suddenly, she feels worried because he always replies every message that she had sent quickly. But today was so different, although she had talked with him earlier on the phone, when she was in her way to the college. But Eunji could feel there was something wrong with him.

“Eunji noona, I’m ready. Kajja!” Hyuk’s voice suddenly made Eunji snapped out from her thoughts.

“O-okay, kajja,” she got up and trailed behind the youngest to went to the backstage. Eunji and Hyuk had chosen to be the MC’s pairs with Hongbin and also Hayoung.

“Lets pray so this event will be successful,” Hayoung asked.

“Yes, lets pray together,” Hyuk started to put his arms around Hayoung and Eunji's shoulders. Eunji suddenly glanced at Hongbin who stood beside her, and fortunately that guy was smiling at her, before she put her right arms around his shoulder. The four of them already made a circle, then they looked down together before said a little prayer.

During praying, Eunji who stood between Hyuk and Hongbin suddenly could smell a familiar scent in her nose. This scent was the same with Taekwoon’s. She was sure that it wasn’t belong to Hyuk.

‘Did Lee Hongbin used the same perfume like Taekwoon’s oppa did?’

“Lets work hard guys!” Hongbin shouted, and they gathered for cheer and hand-to-hand together.

“Fighting!!!” the shouted in unison with full of spirits.

“Go to the front of the stage now!” Hakyeon gestured.

 

***

 

“Eunji-ya, are you okay? What’s wrong with you today? Seemed that you had a lot of thoughts that burdening your mind…” Hakyeon suddenly asked when Eunji went back to the backstage with Hongbin.

“I’m so sorry, oppa. I was so blank when I was standing on the stage earlier, and I don’t know why I’d became like that… Fortunately, Hongbin could cover it and perform as well,” Eunji said as she looked down in embarrassment.

Eunji had became blank for some seconds when she went to the stage as the MC with Hongbin earlier. She was too busy with the thoughts of her boyfriend, who did not replying her message till that time. And it was totally burdening her minds, then ruined her performances.

“It’s okay. But please don’t do that again on the next performances. And now, I think you should take a rest for a while. I’ll let Hayoung replacing your place temporary along with Hongbin and Hyuk,” Hakyeon patted her back head to soothe her.

“Ne, thanks oppa,” Eunji said as she still looked down, and she walked helplessly to the dressing room.

 

When she opened the door, she found Hongbin’s presence, who had sat at that room alone. He was drinking mineral water from his bottle, as he was fanning himself with his palm.

“Hongbin-ah, I’m sorry… I was---“

“Never mind and just forget it. You should take a rest for a while. Come here, Ji,” he quickly cut her words off, as he signaled her to take her seat next to him.

“What happened with you? Do you have a problem?” he suddenly asked, when Eunji already sat beside him.

Eunji shook her head.

“Don’t lie. If you had not a problem, why were you keeping that face since earlier?” he asked again, as he scrutinized Eunji’s face.

“What’s wrong with my face?” she said innocently as she cupped her face with her palms.

“You were frowning, Ji. And I never saw you like this before. You always put the happy face as always, but today, you acted so different,”

“Really?” she said nonchalantly as she took a bottle of mineral water at the refrigerator near her.

“Did you had a problem with… Taekwoon hyung?” Hongbin asked carefully.

Eunji suddenly choked by his question, and made Hongbin furrowed his eyebrow in curiosity.

Eunji heaved a sigh before spoke out, “Actually, I was waiting for his presence here. He promised me that he will come here to watching my performance as a MC on this event. But, it’s already half past 7, and he didn’t coming yet.”

“Why don’t you try to call him?”

“I’d sent him a message already. But, he still didn’t reply it yet. It makes me worried…”

“Maybe he had an important thing to do, so he cannot read or reply your message soon…”

“Maybe you’re right, Bin. But, it wasn’t his habi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter