Lies

Kiss Me, Love Me

As soon as the class ended, Sulli immediately went out of the room and searched for Kai. She felt a little suspicious now because Kai was always waiting for her everytime the last class ends.

Sulli took out her phone and deliberated on whether she should call Kai or not. The fact that Kai ignored her phone call earlier made Sulli think twice about calling Kai. She was busy staring at her phone and she didn't notice that Kai was already walking towards her.

"Hey." Kai said as he placed his hand lightly on Sulli's shoulders. Sulli turned around and saw Kai gazing intently at her. "How long have you been waiting for me?" He asked.

"Uhm i'm not sure. I didn't keep track of the time." Sulli stuttered when she replied to Kai.

"Sorry for not picking up your call earlier. We were having class during that time." Kai saw that there was something different about Sulli and he knew that it was about him not picking up her call earlier.

'That jerk. He's lying to me! How dare he!' Sulli thought to herself.

After a few moments of silence, Sulli finally said to Kai. "Let's talk somewhere private." Sulli started walking but Kai stopped her in her tracks.

Kai turned Sulli to face him and deeply sighed. "What is it now, Sulli? Are you mad at me?"

"I don't know." Sulli said and continued walking. Kai had no choice but to follow Sulli because the people around them were starting to talk about them already.

 


 

Tao is peacefully reading a book in a secluded place at the back of the school grounds when suddenly he heard two pairs of footsteps approaching.

He peeked a little to see who it was and gasped when he saw Sulli and Kai.

'They look like they're not in a good mood. I better keep it low and avoid them from seeing me' Tao said to himself as he put down the book he was reading and started to eavesdrop on Kai and Sulli.

 


 

Sulli stopped walking when they reached the secluded area at the back of the school grounds. "Okay, let's talk."

Kai wrapped his arms around Sulli's waist and whispered in her ear, "What's wrong? Tell me."

Sulli pulled herself away from Kai's arms and turned to face him. "Who's the girl you were with earlier?"

"What girl? I never hang out with any girl other than you. You should know that." Kai lied.

Sulli smirked and yelled at Kai. "Don't lie to me! I saw you with that girl during lunchtime."

"I told you there's no other girl. Don't you trust me?" Kai shot back at Sulli.

"But i saw you with that girl. I saw it with my own eyes, even my friends saw you too!" Sulli was already on the verge of tears.

Kai continued to argue. "How many times do i have to tell you for you to believe me?"

"Stop lying, i know what i saw. You even ignored my call just to talk to her." Tears that filled her eyes slowly started to fall.

Kai wiped Sulli's tears with his right hand. "Don't cry." He leaned in to kiss her but Sulli took a step back instead.

"Okay, you were right." Kai sighed in defeat. "I was with a girl earlier and i'm sorry i ignored your call. She's a new student in our class and i was just being nice. There's nothing going on with us."

"Then why did you have to lie?" Sulli sobbed.

"Because i knew you would make a fuss about it. See? You're making a fuss about it now." Kai said with an annoyed tone.

"I wouldn't have made a fuss about if you only admitted it earlier."

Sulli and Kai continued arguing without knowing that Tao was somewhere near and he can hear everything they're saying.

"Are you insecure? Why are you making this a huge issue? Ah, i get it now. You're jealous aren't ya? I never knew you were the jealous type." Kai smiled and moved closer to Sulli.

"No i'm not insecure and yes i'm a little bit jealous, but jealousy isn't the issue here. You ignored my call and lied to me about it!" Sulli started to cry again.

Kai wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled her hair. "I'm sorry, i won't do it again. Please stop crying."

Sulli wriggled out of Kai's embrace and lightly pushed him away from her. Kai let out another deep sigh. "Let's go home first and talk about this next time, okay?" Kai held out his hand for Sulli but Sulli didn't take it.

"I don't want to go home." Sulli continued to sulk.

"Where do you want to go then?" Kai asked.

"I don't know." Sulli answered.

Kai brushed his hair using his hand in frustration. "I don't know what to do anymore. I already said sorry lots of times yet you still won't accept it. I love you Sulli, very much, but throwing a tantrum here isn't gonna fix things. I'm gonna go home now. Are you coming or not?" Kai asked for the last time.

Sulli just shook her head without saying a word.

"Then suit yourself. I'm leaving." Kai walked back to the direction of where they came from and Sulli just watched him go. He continued to walk and didn't even turn around to look back at Sulli. As Kai grew smaller in the distance, Sulli just sunk to the ground and continued to cry.