Summer?

Summer Camp

"I'm late!!" you screamed, almost running out of your house. But then you felt someone grab your wrist. 

"Dear, you're on summer vacation." You heard your Mom remind you. You laughed. "Oh, HAHA. Right." you told her lightly and laughed nervously again. She smiled at you and let go of your wrists. "Want some breakfast?" she offered you. You nodded and sat down at the kitchen table. 

She handed me a plate of food. You dug in quickly and continued to eat. "YA! I was wondering, Since I'm always bored.." You said to your Mom. "Hm?" she reacted. You took a big breath and chewed your food slowly. 

"I was wondering if I can go to this summer camp this year." You told her. "Summer Camp?" she replied. You nodded and continued to eat regularly. "How-- much is it?" she asked you. "It's not that much actually." You replied. "Well. When does the bus leave?" she asked. 

"Well.. that's the problem Mom. I was wondering if we can have the money by tomorrow." You told her. "Why tomorrow?" she asked. "I-- uh the bus is leaving tomorrow." You finished, and closed your eyes tightly, waiting for her to yell. 

"Okay." a soft voice replied. Eh? You opened your eyes and turned around. "I--I can go?" you stuttered. She nodded at you and continued to clean the counter. You swallowed your food and blinked. I guess I'm going to Summer Camp, you thought. 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Ready?" she asked. You nodded and looked at the bus station. Was this the train leaving? Yeah, I think it is. You saw the bus pull up, and you stepped inside, pulling in your suitcase and waved goodbye to your Mom. She waved back and smiled. "I'll see you soon!" she said. 

You felt bad for your Mom, she was all alone after your Dad left. You were her only company. You frowned and dialed her phone number, even though you were still at the bus station. The doors closed but the bus didn't leave. She got out her phone and answered it. 

"Umma, go with your friends this summer, okay?" You told her after she picked up. She smiled and waved. "Ne, I will. Saranghae." she said. "Saranghae!" You replied into your phone. Then she hung up her phone and put it back in her bag. 

Just then the bus started to move. You mad a sad face and waved back at her. She waved back, and if felt like you never wanted to leave her. But this summer, you will have fun. A lot of fun. 

No one was on the train, weirdly. You were all alone and you felt like you were going to get kidnapped. You chuckled to yourself and sat by the window. You put on your IPod and let the song play. 

You were a simple girl, not liking any type of music except classical and piano music. Your friends were KPOP fans, but really you didn't really care about any of it. You thought, idols are just people who act all day in front of you when they perform. They might even hate their job.

You really didn't want to deal with the heartbreak coming from the idols that you like just because their on a drama with some other girl. You smirked. You still fit in well with your friends, I mean, you guys all got along. It was just the music that was the problem. 

You sighed and looked around. You missed your Umma already.