Family Outing

Baby, Maybe?

 

Pemumi day?” Jiyong asked baffled as he watched Seunghyun make a tower of all kinds of boxes of food. Was he trying for the Guinness Record of largest food-pyramid?

Yeah, family day. Did ya suddenly lose your language skills overnight?” Seunghyun chuckled, patting Soonie on the head as if assuring her there was nothing wrong with her way of communicating, it was all just Jiyong's fault for not understanding her.

Did you a... make all these yourself?” he nodded skeptically towards the food, Seunghyun was an awful cook. Just awful.

What if I did?” Seunghyun raised his eyebrows, clearly meaning to look menacing but the smile that couldn't wait to break free gave him away. Jiyong frowned.

Ah, being a housewife sure is a thankless job!” Seunghyun shook his head as he sighed. Jiyong couldn't help smiling. Housewife? But... if you were a housewife, didn't you have to be married? So... he was his wife then? The unreleased giggles started piling up on the inside, making him feel like he was going to burst at any moment.

Well, d'ya think having a wife that can't cook is any easier?” he crossed his arms. His gut panged. What was he doing? Playing a dangerous game, that was what he was doing.

Dooon't worry, even though personally I think that the care that goes into a home cooked meal is a thousand times more precious than the taste, I ordered out.” Seunghyun patted his head a bit harshly. “Aigoo, don't you think I know my hubby. Hubster?” he laughed as he carried a basket full of boxed food out of the kitchen, leaving him pegged to the floor as if the pats had hammered him into it.

 

Wait, so what exactly is family day?” he asked as Seunghyun returned.

Seunghyun smirked, taking one step towards him, cornering him up against the side of the refrigerator. He leaned in with a naughty expression on his face, looking him right in the eyes. Jiyong's brain gasped, thinking he was going to kiss him, setting every single cell on high alert. 'You idiot' Jiyong scolded it for being such a dramatic fool. Of course he wasn't going to kiss him, that was preposterous. Or was it? As he felt the air intensify between them, he held his breath. Seunghyun's eyes were mesmerizing, pulling him in. He didn't want to make the first move, in case he was misreading the atmosphere, but it physically hurt to hold back. Ah, those deep, beautiful eyes of his. They always had a tiny hint of sadness in them though, making him want to hug him all the time, to protect him from the big, bad world out there and tell him it was all going to be okay.

I guess you're just going to have to find out.” Seunghyun said softly, one of his eyebrows shooting up in a teasing way, taunting him.

Get off!” Jiyong punched him in the chest like he was irritated, but he wasn't. He wish he was, but he wasn't. There were other thoughts in his brain, dangerous thoughts, unbelievable thoughts, thoughts he desperately wanted to get rid of before Seunghyun found them out, or maybe he was most afraid of accepting them as his own. He just couldn't wrap his head around it. He kept convincing himself that they weren't his thoughts, that they were just fleeting, someone else had planted them there, that they would go away when they realized they were not wanted.

 

Are we there yet?” Jiyong asked impatiently for the umpteenth time.

Jeez, one might think you were the 2 year old!” Seunghyun complained as he made a right turn onto a tiny dirt road. They were somewhere just outside Seoul.

Where are we going?” he asked, also for the gazillionth time.

Wow, I was worried an hour's drive would be too much for Soonie, but she's just chillin', listening to some tunes... you on the other hand... sheez.” Seunghyun shook his head, focused on the road. He didn't really look like he knew where they were going. Maybe they were lost.

The car pulled up beside a huge gate, it looked old. Seunghyun jumped out and opened it, with a key he magically had in his back pocket. It creaked so loudly that it felt like his ears were splitting. What was going on? Had he bought some land in a moment of crazy? Or a mansion... a ghost mansion. Jiyong shivered, cold water running down his spine.

What's going on?” he asked when Seunghyun returned to the car.

We're going for a picnic!” he exclaimed happily.