Date Night

Baby, Maybe?

 


Seunghyun rushed ahead and opened the car door on the passenger side, dashingly standing there, patiently waiting for Jiyong to catch up and get into the car. A single butterfly broke free in his gut, tickling all of his internal organs. He tried to catch it, to calm it down, but his attempt only egged it on, making it even more excited. As he slid into the car, he chuckled nervously at how seriously Seunghyun was taking his role as the gentleman caller. He knew full well that he was just playing a part, trying to make the night fun and interesting for them, but he was too good of an actor, making him feel like they were going on an actual date. It was starting to mess with his head. He tried hard to stay sober, but the atmosphere was getting to him, making him strangely giddy.

“Oh, watch your head.” Seunghyun said with concern, and under the pretense of looking out for his safety he pushed his head down so far that he nearly kissed the floor of the car. Talk about abusing one's position. 

“Ya!!!” he screamed, wrestling with his hand until it let go and gently closed the door. Seunghyun's booming laughter filled the car as he too got in. Jiyong pretended he was pissed, when in reality he was extremely thankful to him. His brutal joke had punctured the fairytale atmosphere that had been eating him alive, manipulating his feelings, turning them into those of his character and not his own. It had felt all too real. So real in fact, that the effect lingered, the ghost of those disconcerting feelings roaming his body, haunting him. 

 

Not managing to regain the relaxed mood that usually characterized their relationship, Jiyong's eyes repeatedly darted to the side and back as if Seunghyun was a homing beacon, pulling them in. He looked at his own outfit and realized why he was feeling so uneasy and out of place. He was wearing a slightly out of date shirt along with his least favorite pair of jeans. It wasn't necessarily the worst fashion disaster of the century, but as a fashion icon, he felt guilty to go out in public like this, and Seunghyun's snazzy suit only aggravated the situation. It had been the only clean outfit he had left at Seunghyun's place, which had been the moment when it had dawned on him that without meaning to or deciding to, he had moved in with Seunghyun. He hadn't been by his place in days, maybe weeks. He missed his walk in closet, with thousands of possible combinations of beautiful clothes and all kinds of pretty accessories. 

He clenched his teeth. He hated feeling this insecure so he decided to simply knock it off. Who cared if he was painfully underdressed, he was G-Dragon, he could pull it off with the attitude alone. He was good at faking it, so good in fact that he could turn the fakest of fakes into an authentic fashion fad. Still, he felt uncomfortable, so he hoped they weren't headed to somewhere too public.

 

“Hang on..” Seunghyun instructed after parking the car, jumping out in a hurry. Jiyong had no idea where they were going, they were in a parking facility near Myeongdong. Maybe Seunghyun had an errand to run and he was supposed to stay in the car. Perhaps Seunghyun was too embarrassed to be seen in public with him in this horrendous ensemble, going to change their plans to a more private location. 

Jiyong started as the car door opened. Seunghyun had run around the car to open the door for him. What a babo. A ridiculously sweet babo. He was taking this charade a step too far, he thought as his stomach churned ominously. 

“Babo!” he forced out a chuckle, punching Seunghyun in the upper arm. He didn't want him to pick up on how weird he was feeling. 

 

“Dude!” Jiyong yelled as he blindly stumbled over a threshold. Seunghyun was using his hands to cover his eyes from behind, not doing a very good job at watching where they were going, being a complete idiot. Seunghyun giggled like an unusually deep voiced schoolgirl, clearly getting a kick out of teasing him. He tried to shake off this uncomfortable feeling he got every time Seunghyun clumsily brushed up against his back, which happened all too often as Seunghyun had a much longer stride length and coordination was not his strongest suit. Ignoring the strange reactions his body was having, he ed and complained to Seunghyun, acting like he was annoyed at him while the only thing he was annoyed at, was the worry knot forming in his gut. He was being paranoid. It was no big deal. These feelings would subside, they always did. Then things would be back to normal again.

“Tada!” Seunghyun exclaimed excitedly. Jiyong opened his eyes and gasped. There were clothes everywhere. And not just any clothes, designer clothes! They were at the back of what looked like a storage room for a very high end store. 

“Pick what you want, my treat.” Seunghyun said, trying to sound casual and cool, but Jiyong could hear he was exploding he was so impressed with himself, thinking he was all that. But the thing was, he really was all that. Jiyong gave up the fight, letting the warm and fuzzy feeling overtake his whole being, moved by how well Seunghyun knew him. He knew he was uncomfortable going out in these rags he was wearing, he knew how much fashion meant to him. He knew. And it was so precious that he knew. He was so full of gratitude for having him in his life that it was hard to contain it. Still, he wasn't going to show Seunghyun that, no way.

“But I'm way richer than you.” he bragged, jokingly belittling Seunghyun's grand gesture. He wasn't doing it to be mean. It was just their way. 

“Ya! It's the thought that counts!” Seunghyun objected, pretending to be offended. 

“...and the money, the money counts..” Jiyong grinned, beaming at him. He couldn't help it. He was happy. In this moment, he felt happy. And he was going to let himself enjoy it. He deserved that much. He had been working himself to the ground these past weeks. Indulging in a little happiness wouldn't kill him. Though getting lost in work also made him happy. He had a pretty great life, he reminded himself. He forgot that fact all too often.

 

“Wow.” Seunghyun gave him a round of applause as he tried out probably the tenth outfit combination. 

“Are you sure I'm not making us late?” he asked for the umpteenth time, feeling guilty for going a bit nuts on him. There were so many cool clothes just lying around, he couldn't not try them on. His head was buzzing with ideas, breaking conventional fashion rules right and left, coming up with creative ways of pushing the boundaries. It was so much fun, he felt like he was high. 

“Go crazy.” Seunghyun chuckled, leaning back in his chair. Seunghyun was no noob when it came to fashion, so even though Jiyong didn't want to admit it, a part of him was trying to impress him.