Chapter 18: New Beginnings?

You Who Saved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know its been a long time now and I do apologise sincerely but I'll be explaining why I've been gone for so long. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this chapter! It's long too! ENJOY! XD

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18:

Truthfully, Mark didn’t know why he was walking away. Everything Jinyoung had said made complete sense, he had left without saying much but he assumed Jinyoung had a sense of trust for him. He also didn’t know himself if what he felt for Jinyoung was ‘love’ although one thing he did know was that it was an intense feeling. Realising he was reacting ridiculously, he attempted to walk back towards the bridge… only to find that there was no sight of Jinyoung.

Jinyoung however, felt completely guilty. Those feelings of anger had quickly disappeared and replaced with sorrow. He somehow found the energy to move away from the bridge and towards the direction of home. Once at home, he somehow remembered to message Jackson and headed off to bed.

They both had the other on their minds as they attempted to go to sleep with failure. Attempting to think about what the other was going to say.

Days turned into weeks and neither of them knew how to approach the other. Occasionally they would glance at one another whilst they were at school however neither of them had it in them to apologise to the other. Because apologising meant approaching and neither of them felt ready to speak to the other just yet.

---

Jinyoung heard a faint knocking sound at his door one night.

“Who could that be, at this time?” Jackson asked in groggy tone. Jackson had been staying over at Jinyoung’s for a few weeks as his apartment was getting renovated. Truthfully, Jinyoung didn’t know how a high school student like Jackson was getting the money to do such renovations however, he didn’t question it, and he helped him out like a friend should.

“I don’t know, I’ll check!” he replied whilst fumbling his way to the front door. It took him almost a minute to register who was standing in front of him. “Mark…” he whispered.

“Can we talk?” he asked shyly. There was an unexplainable awkwardness that was b. Jinyoung nodded as he stepped out of his apartment. He and Mark began to stroll on the apartment floor in complete silence waiting for the other to start the long overdue conversation.

Mark was confused as to why Jinyoung opted to talk outside of his apartment rather than inviting him in. He instantly pushed that thought to the back of his mind when he heard him speak.

“So… What is it you wanted to talk about?” Jinyoung started whilst clearing his throat.

“Well… I think… I’m sorry!” he blurted out almost at once.

“You think you’re sorry?” Jinyoung asked thoroughly confused.

“No! I didn’t mea-” Mark tried to explain but got cut off.

“Mark, I think we should talk some other time, it’s late.” As he attempted to mask his yawn. Truthfully he didn’t want to deal with a half drunken and tired Mark as he could smell the stench of alcohol. But he knew that they had to talk very soon as they could not continue being cold towards each other. With that, Jinyoung decided to go back to his apartment leaving Mark slightly confused.

He had come out of his apartment with the intention of reconciling with Jinyoung however, as always, things didn’t go as planned. He was, however, determined to put this right. So, after what seemed like an hour had passed by, he decided to approach Jinyoung’s door once again but opted to hide behind the wall as he observed Jackson coming out to take a call.

He could just about make get a gist of the conversation, however, he was unable to decipher what was going on.

“Yeah, I’ve seen him… No we’re not friends… What do you mean ‘stay away from him’? You know I can’t! … I don’t think you have any right to play the figure of authority! … Whatever, bye!” he overheard Jackson say.

As he pondered about the conversation he just overheard, he saw Jackson tiptoe back into Jinyoung’s apartment and with that he proceeded to go back to his.

“So, did you guys make up?” Suzy asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter