Chapter 17: Apologies

You Who Saved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So you guys probably want to kill me for not updating for a while but I'm holding up my white flag of surrender here and present you with Chapter 17! (plus it's a LOT longer than the other chapters, just saying) ENJOY! XD

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17:

Jackson arrived almost immediately after he heard a panicked Jinyoung on the phone. ‘What has Jaebum got himself involved with this time?’ he frantically questioned himself as he sped through the people passing by.

He arrived at the alleyway and right on time too because Jaebum was about to pass out.

“Jaebum-ah stay with me! I’ve already called for help, you’re going to be fine!” Jackson informed the weak boy. Scared to the core, he and Jinyoung lifted Jaebum from the ground and allowed him to walk away from the alleyway on to the main street.

As if on cue, the ambulance had arrived right on time. They ushered the three away from the scene and straight to the hospital. After a few hours, Jaebum had been given the all clear as his bruises were bandaged up and plastered. Though he was walking with a slight limp, he seemed to look much better than when they had first arrived at the hospital.

None of them spoke until they were a few feet away from the hospital.

“Jackson, I’ll take Jaebum home. You should go get some rest, you have that test tomorrow morning!” Jinyoung insisted. Jackson attempted to plead however, it was no use. Jinyoung promised him he would text him as soon as he got home and with that, Jackson set off in the opposite direction.

A few minutes after Jackson had left them, Jaebum began to speak.

“You know you don’t have to take me home, I’m fine!” he insisted not wanting to bother Jinyoung longer than necessary.

“It’s fine, plus you can’t even walk properly.” He stated as he could feel the awkward tension b to the surface. Jinyoung could sense that Jaebum wanted to continue the conversation, but for some reason he opted not to.

Jaebum on the other hand, felt that burning feeling he always got whenever he was horrible to Jinyoung. Regret. Yet, for some reason, he couldn’t stop himself from doing so. He didn’t want everyone around him misunderstanding and felt as though he had to. However, he did miss his old friend dearly for Jinyoung was the only one who wanted to be his friend for him, not because of his fancy house or rich status, but for the person he truly was. But, sure enough, Jaebum being Jaebum, always ruined everything good in his life.

Truthfully, it had nothing to do with his uality but he nevertheless used it as a weapon. Why? Because a tiny part of him felt something towards Jinyoung confusing him entirely. He regretted the way he reacted that day Jinyoung had confronted him about why Jaebum was ignoring him. Yet, he couldn’t find in him to admit that to himself let alone to Jinyoung.

---

*About a year ago*

Jaebum had been roaming around the city not wanting to go home. As each day passed, he hated the idea of going home. If that’s what that place was called. He was almost certain that his parents didn’t care for him. His father only wanted someone to continue the family business whilst his mother was too weak and stupid to stick up for him for she didn’t dare disobey her husband. He didn’t know where he was going, allowing his feet to lead the way. He stopped at a familiar bridge which reminded him of a certain someone he had been avoiding. A certain friend. He ran his hand through his hair as he began to sigh inwardly. Just as he was about to walk away, he heard a voice call out to him.

“Im Jaebum! We need to talk!” he heard a familiar voice say. He had done well to avoid him for a while now and silently cursed at himself for coming here.

“Park Jinyoung, we have nothing to talk about!” he exclaimed harshly as he narrowed his eyes at him.

“Why are you avoiding me?” Jinyoung asked ignoring what the latter had just said. He knew that Jaebum didn’t mean to although his i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter