Chapter 1: Alone

You Who Saved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! This chapter may seem a little long but I just wanted you guys to know a bit of the backstory first before I get straight into the story. I would be ever so greatful if you could read my story and/or give me constructive criticism, thank you and ENJOY! XD 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 1:

Life has a funny way of kicking you when you’re at your lowest point doesn’t it? Mark knew that all too well seeing as his mother suffered from Cancer and unfortunately died two months later. What made matters worse is that during her funeral, it was announced that his father was involved in a fatal car crash. So now here he was, flying to South Korea, orphaned and very much alone.

“Mark! It’s been so long, how have you been my darling?” He noticed his grandmother walking at a fast pace from his peripheral view.

“Grandma?” he whispered.

It felt like a lifetime ago when he was playing on the swings in Seoul during a summer vacation with his parents and grandparents sitting on the benches, chattering and laughing away. Before the feud that tore the family apart. Before things started to go disastrously wrong in his life. Living in his innocence and embracing the good times.

‘Grandma looked much older, slightly plumper, and looked as though she went to hell and back’ he thought.

“I’m fine grandma how have you been?” though the answer to that was pretty evident, he still wanted to know. “Is….. is grandpa still angry?”

“Darling don’t be silly of course he’s not mad at you! He misses you dearly.” she insisted but Mark was not convinced.

“So why didn’t he come to the airport with you to pick me up?” he questioned. His grandmother hesitated and began rubbing her forehead rigorously.

“Uh… all will be explained when we go home son okay?” and with that she led him to the car park and began to drive him to his new home for the time being.

The journey seemed like a lifetime as he was pondering over the word his grandmother had used, ‘son’.

‘Haven’t heard that in a while’ he silently thought.

Alas they had arrived into the small apartment somewhere deep in the city. As he walked in, he noticed a man in a wheelchair staring out of a small window in the dining area. He appeared to be cold as his whole body shivered continuously. His grandmother noticed him staring at his grandfather with a concerned look on his face.

“I wanted to tell you before you came in but you were too fast for me,” she smiled nervously but her expression changed as she said,

“Grandpa has Parkinson’s disease dear that’s why he’s shaking quite a lot.”

He began to watch his grandfather further as his mind began to wander.

“He also can’t walk properly either because he’s too weak dear, that’s why he couldn’t come to the airport.” She continued to say though Mark was barely listening.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter