Coronation

The Crown Prince

…..Chapter 29…..

 

Everyone gathered around tightly for Leeteuk’s daegwansig (coronation), shoulder to shoulder in the courtyard while others were piled up sitting and or standing on the walls surrounding the palace trying to see; all eyes were upon the newly appointed Advisor to the King, Kim Heechul, as he walked out elegantly into sight…….

At first glimpse of the crowd Heechul smiled internally, happy to see such a great turn out for his lord’s ascension to the throne but when he finally reached the center of the Throne Hall’s daecheong (platform/porch) he faced the large audience and was hit with the sight of Pearl Aqua on flags and clothing on 60 percent of the crowd. Annoyed by the lack of respect to the new leader’s reign he his teeth and began. Leeteuk had instructed him to read a list of changes that would take place once he was King. Of course the colors of the Kingdom had been changed already but apparently they needed reminding; Heechul smirked as he rolled open the scroll and saw it was on the list, if it wasn’t there he would have gladly added it for the evil Lord. He looked up and finally saw Taemin’s Father standing below him at the foot of the steps; he read the rule about the Kingdoms new color as he glared at Magistrate Lee…. When he finished his short statement he introduced Lord Leeteuk….

In a lavish sapphire blue Hanbok, with a pearlescent tint to signify his royal blood, Leeteuk walked out of the throne hall and into view, he maneuvered from the doors and in front of the wide wooden throne. Five women glaring at him over the edge of their aqua fans caught his attention. He smirked knowing they were the female family members of the missing; he glared right back at them without a care for what he had done to their children.  He stood and motioned for Heechul to continue to read from his scroll the long list of new protocol and propaganda Leeteuk had written to manipulate the people with a false truth that he was saving them from the disgraceful wrongs of the Royal Lee Family, who had been cursed for they allowed the Kingdom’s Crown Prince to wed and lay with a man; it was an embellished history of his own family line while bashing and tempting to discredit Jinki’s… But before Heechul could start, the former advisor, Lee Sooman, meekly walked midway up the stone steps, pretending to repent for being loyal to the royal Lee’s; he asked if he could make a formal introduction for the joyous coronation. “Advisor Kim, may I?” stunned Heechul didn’t know what to do, he blinked and turned to look at his master as Leeteuk shout whispered to Lee Sooman through clenched teeth “What are you doing? Get down from here.”  Disobeying Leeteuk’s command Advisor Lee’s robes trailed behind as he stepped the rest of the way up the Grand Throne Hall’s steps. “I’m older and wiser, and I’m the advisor of the late King. I’ll do the introduction. Let me right my wrong, your highness.” Leeteuk pursed his lips and rolled his eyes and whispered “So you’ve seen the light? Your loyalty lies with me?” Advisor Lee didn’t answer; he just bowed for there was no way he could answer that truthfully. Heechul muttered as he feigned a smile for the crowd and held the paper towards him “read from the paper, or else.” Sooman smirked and remarked “I don’t need to read a history of our kingdom. I will recite it.” He tore the hanji (traditional paper) from Heechul’s hands and tossed it to the side; the crowd gasped.

The true King’s advisor smiled at the overflowing crowd “I’ll enlighten SHINee World of our history; the true story of our Kings and Queens of past leading to the men that will be crowned King today.” 

The onlookers began to murmur to one another a moment trying to take in the present situation.  Leeteuk gritted his teeth “Men? Senile old man! There is only one king, it’s me!” The crowd gasped again; their eyes went back and forth between Leeteuk and Sooman.

Advisor Lee paid no attention to his shouts and continued “We all know the story of the angel sent to our people from heaven whom married one of our men. Their love built this kingdom and our culture, our respectable kingdom….But do you know the story of how the man proposed to the angel?.....” While he told the story of the very first proposal in Emerald Fields by plucking a yellow flower and how it became a tradition for every crown prince in the Lee Line Leeteuk rolled his eyes….. Minutes later Sooman neared the end of his story that would make sense to the crowd soon…“ The Angel Queen had a vision that one day a human born angel would lead our kingdom side by side sharing the throne and title of King with her descendent..That descendent is Crown Prince Jinki. Prince Jinki, half Angel and half man, worthy of the throne whom married the earthily angel, Lee Taemin. Prince Taemin is the chosen one made for our kingdom and our sovereign Jinki.”

Heechul scoffed “They ran away or heaven banished them from the palace, what’s your point anyways? They aren’t here and even if they were That story is just a myth.”

In the sea of Shawols in the courtyard witnessing, one of the elder females from Taemin’s village, Kibum had befriended, mumbled to the people next to her chipperly “I remember that old legend from when I was a young girl. I knew Prince Taemin was the one.” She smiled to herself. Taemin’s parents were wide-eyed and shot each other a look “Our son is an angel?” They returned their gaze towards the stage.

“Lies! Lies! Blatant lies!” Leeteuk rolled his eyes. “If Jinki was angelic he lost his wings when he married Taemin. Taemin is not some chosen one; he’s nothing but a deviant man, with no royal heavenly blood who tempted Jinki and Jinki being weak fell into that sin! Chances are Taemin’s father is from the Black Woods.” Highly insulted, Magistrate Lee gasped as Leeteuk continued in a rage “Enough of this!.”

Sooman interrupted him off “Hold your tongue! You know it’s true or why else would you have attempted to kill them!” The crowd erupted in shouts and gasping murmurs.  “Every official and or guest to the Palace has been inside the Geunjeongjeon (ThroneHall) behind you. They’ve seen the ceiling; a sign of his coming. For those that do not know, there are twin dragons carved into the ceiling, representing two males, two kings; our Queen Angel commissioned it to welcome his arrival: Prince Taemin’s arrival, his blessed marriage to our Crown Prince.”

Heechul and Leeteuk both snapped “It’s just a decoration you old fool!”

“Is it? Then why did you poison their highnesses?” Sooman made eye contact with as many shawols as he could in attendance as he continued “Lord Leeteuk wanted to be king so badly he didn’t care how he got there. He thought he could simply take them to court and protest their union but he went to the royal library to find out protocol about two males in marriage but he found out about the Angel Queen’s prophecy; Leeteuk knew then he couldn’t take the prince and his suitor to court over their union so he could be next in line. He had to kill them so he could be next in line to ascend!”

“Enough! Get out of my sight! Guards take this insolent old man away to the stockades to be dealt with later before I kill him where he stands for his treasonous words.”

Before he could finish his sentence SHINee Soldier’s, stormed out from behind the sides of the Throne Hall and onto the platform; like planned, running towards them, with swords drawn they surround the traitors; the crowd gasped as the large swarm of SHINee Guards assembled on the platform; Heechul froze, Leeteuk shouted “What is the meaning of this? Guards!” The two loyal body guards of Leeteuk’s were instantly grabbed forcefully, their arms tied behind their backs and forced to their knees. Leeteuk called upon his own soldiers while quickly looking back and forth as the royal SHINee army neared him from both sides; he realized they were nowhere to been seen for the guards approaching wore the aqua bandana’s across their foreheads. Taemin’s mother smirked behind her fan as she watched him panic. During the commotion General Choi and the Commander walked up calmly; the commander pulled his sword from his hip and pointed it at Heechul while General Choi swiftly drew his sword inches away from Leeteuk’s neck and threatened. “You better remain still lest your jugular be cut your highness.” Choi intentionally looked at Heechul and said “You may continue the ceremony Advisor” Heechul stammered and General Choi instantly interrupted him before he could get a word out “Not you, you filth. The real advisor to the King of the SHINee Kingdom, Advisor Lee Sooman.” He turned to the true King’s advisor and smiled “Please, enlighten SHINee World some more.”

“I first call upon the Royal physician. Please tell us what you saw the night the king and Queen passed away.”

Heechul narrowed his brows “She isn’t here. She…. is..…” he blinked and closed his mouth realizing to late he couldn’t finish that sentence without incriminating himself.

Knowing what he’d say Sooman arched his brow and retorted “Where?” He watched Heechul guiltily squirm behind the deadly sharp blade that was held towards his chest.

As the two stared at each other The Royal Physician emerged from the crowd “I’m right here” shocking Heechul for she wasn’t locked away in his private chambers; she walked up the steps to the throne hall. “Once the Crown left this earthily realm and entered heaven's I went to inform Princes’ Jinki and Taemin of the King and Queen’s passing when I saw their room destroyed once I entered the premises.  There was blood and animal scratches and claw marks on the well polished floors; I thought it was the Crown Prince and his spouse’s blood or one of the other three young men that had been quarantine in the room with them; for they all had been sick just like the king and Queen. Upon seeing Leeteuk and Heechul’s legs, I saw bite marks on their legs from the attack. It’s their blood on the Crown Prince’s floors. Putting them at the sence of the crime!”

Again Leeteuk screamed “Lies! You stupid woman! Crime? What crime? I got bit by a dog so what? Nothing to do with the crown Prince and his precious Taemin or the others! And before you lie and say I had dogs attack them you are dead wrong.”

General Choi ordered loudly “Silence!” General Choi moved his sword slightly closer; just mere millimeters from the flesh of his Adam’s apple; Leeteuk flinched and shut up. General Choi nodded to Advisor Lee, signaling him to carry out the next part of Prince Jinki’s plan; a slight nod was returned from Sooman as he exclaimed facing the subjects “Prince, will you bring out the rest of the evidence against these two traitors.”

Another loud audible gasp escaped the confused crowd as murmurs filtered into the courtyard once again; The shocked Shawols looked around and no more than a beat later wearing an elegant heavy pearlescent chocolate brown hanbok Prince Joon approached form behind the large group of SHINee soldiers that had rushed the platform moments ago with the General, where he had been discreetly waiting and hidden away from Shawol’s eyes until it was time. With a teeny indigo frog speckled with shiny black dots upon his shoulder and a light brown puppy and a vibrantly red fox with sleek black legs walking on either side of him Prince Joon passed in front of Leeteuk and Heechul; knowing very well who those animals were the lord’s eyes widen but he couldn’t move to run away for General Choi pressed the tip of his sword to his neck; Leeteuk clenched his jaw and shot Heechul a look. It was a bizarre looking grand eccentric entrance for Prince Joon the people thought; puzzled Shawols stared at him as he held a royal pearlescent aqua cushion with a little white bunny and a black kitten sitting proudly in the center. He stopped in front of the throne that was displayed outside. Suddenly the queen’s maiden stepped up the stairs and joined him also holding a peal aqua cushion but hers was covered by a yellow silk fabric.  There were a few whispers from the subjects of what she was hiding and bewildered why there would be animals with Prince Joon.

Advisor Lee Sooman finally turned and looked Leeteuk in the eyes. “You have one chance to confess and their heavenly highnesses will spare your life.” The tokki and the kitten turned their heads to see the two men’s reaction; Leeteuk and Heechul glanced to one another then back to Sooman without making eye contact with the rightful heirs. Unremorseful and never feeling guilty for what he had done the devil denied his sins and tried to redirect the blame “I don’t know what you are talking about. And where have you been Prince Joon?” Thinking he could still get away with it he added “I was told you didn’t’ want the throne. You may have it of course. I would never take what isn’t mine.” he feigned innocence.

Prince Joon narrowed his eyebrows “Unlike you I do not covet our cousin’s throne, you cannot bribe me with the throne just to save your own skin. You murdered my Uncle and his wife and attempted to do so to the Crown Prince and his husband, Chief Choi Minho, The Prince’s Advisor, Kim Kibum, and performer Kim Jonghyun.” Turning away from Leeteuk, Joon faced the crowd. “Lord Leeteuk poisoned our King and Queen, the two princes and the three other loyal men.” He paused for General Choi to order the guards to lift their pant legs to show their healed scars where they had been bitten. The two traitors tried in vain to cover their legs as the soldiers yanked their hands away and pulled up their hanboks, revealing the scars Kibum and Jonghyun had left behind. Prince Joon continued “When the royal physician figured it out Lord Leeteuk and Advisor Kim had something to do with their disappearance, they had her removed from her station and replaced her….”

As the crowd reacted to the wounds they were seeing, other soldiers dragged out a short portly man with a cloth covering his head, making him kneel in front of Choi. General Choi with his free hand lifted the cloth revealing Shindong, the newly appointed Royal Physician. “She was replaced by this man, Shindong. And he is the man who made the poisons for Leeteuk and was fully aware of whom they were intended for.” Shindong blinked his eyes from the sudden light hitting his retinas while a sickening chuckle slipped from his demented lips.  The shinee world gasped and Prince Joon continued “The Crown died from the poison where the others did not. Leeteuk administered the poison via their drinks the night of the wedding. Advisor Heechul and Lord Leeteuk captured the men but not without a fight; the blood on the floor in the Crown Prince’s room came from the two Kim’s biting at the two traitors while they were honorably protecting the two princes and Chief Choi. The poisons made the seven souls deathly ill, as they all lay ill the poison worked its wicked magic. You must be wondering why I stand before you with a dog, fox, frog, rabbit, and a cat? Why would the two Kim’s bite him? Why were there animal claw marks on the floor of the Crown Prince Building?  The answers stand before you; these animals you see are what is left of the poisoned people, while the Crown died unable to survive the excruciating torture of transformation the poison was intended to inflict. This is what the poisoned did to them; to my right is Minstrel and Royal Clown Kim Jonghyun, to my left is the prince’s advisor Kim Kibum, on my shoulder is Chief Choi.” They bowed as they were introduced.   Prince Joon raised the cushion higher for all to see and proclaimed. “I present to the SHINee World your Princes’ Jinki and Taemin, the rightful heirs to the SHINee throne.”

Taemin’s mother felt faint, she leaned against her husband with tears instantly streaming down her face. Jonghyun’s mother almost fainted as well, her daughter caught her before she fell as did Mr. Lee to his wife. With mouth fallen agape Jonghyun’s father was stunned, he couldn’t move as he stared at his canine son as a single tear slipped from his eye. Mrs. Choi’s eyes welled up with tears as she squeezed Kibum’s mother’s hand whose stomach did a flip due to her anger of what the devil had done to their children and the Crown. From the overflowing courtyard it took awhile for the shouts to simmer to a low hushed mumbling to themselves in disbelief. Easing them to a silence was the bunny standing up on his legs. With arms spread wide the crown prince finally spoke “Heechul was ordered to kidnap Taemin, myself and our friends, he took us to Emerald Fields while Leeteuk watched the King and Queen die. Leeteuk held Prince Joon captive in his palace until faithful SHINee guards were able to rescue him. The five of us however were saved by my Mother, the Queen, for her angelic spirit appeared to us while we were banished and helped us return.”  The crowd was stunned watching the little pink lips move with a deep manly voice of the crown prince.

Pulling the massive audiences eyes from the fluffy white little tokki was Leeteuk who immediately tried to deflect the situation. “I did nothing of the sort! Heaven did this to you! I did not! You are a disgrace to our kingdom, all of you! Taemin may be a prince due to a title officials made up, but he is neither born a royal nor a woman. This is a travesty!  I never held Prince Joon captive but I will step down from wanting the throne; it should go to Prince Joon since he finally showed up and you’re not worthy of it. I was only trying to help in the absence of a King. And if you were apparently banished to Emerald Fields that’s your fault not mine. Why make up all these lies Prince Jinki? Even if I am guilty of what you say there is nothing you can do about it now, you cannot rule as a rabbit, soon your voices will be gone in another week. Who will you rule then? It’s a lot of fuss for nothing. Just give Prince Joon the throne and order your army to lower their weapons.”

The tokki tilted his head, his ear flopped sideways “How did you know we had a week left to live?”

He stammered, his mouth opening and closing like a fish grasping for oxygen and lashes blinking rapidly as he fell into their trap, incriminating himself. He could no longer deny what he had done; he shouted in a rage “I..I.. I did the kingdom a favor! I would gladly do it all over again!”  Leeteuk slapped the sword away from his throat, nicking his throat and cutting his hand in the process; He shouted as he attempted to lunge for the throne “Step aside! This is enough! I’m king now! Crown me!” The relentless evil brat attempted to snatch the crown from Heechul’s hands and dash towards the throne but General Choi’s reflexes were too quick, he grabbed him instantly by the back of his collar yanking him backwards then forcefully shoving him to his knees.  “Move again and you will be slain in front of everyone.” General Choi informed while binding his arms behind his back. The commander bound Heechul’s and once the traitors were tied they were dragged to kneel next to Shindong.

Minho leapt off Joon’s shoulder and bounced to each of his four friends, dispersing the colorful petals to each while Jinki’s maiden left the mothers and walked up the steps carefully walking past the three dishonorable men. She laid down 5 huge blankets; Prince Joon gently lowered the two princes to the ground. The crown prince and prince Taemin smiled to each other and then looked out at the crowd and stepped off the cushion in unison walking up to two aqua blankets which singled their friends to step forward from Prince Joon’s sides and to their blankets as well. The five animals proudly stood in a line waiting for the Queen’s maiden who had been standing near the commander and Heechul before they had moved. The Queen’s maiden respectfully knelt down near Prince Taemin, sitting on her ankles lowering the item she had been hiding. Taemin had regally bowed his head to her.  As planned she asked their highnesses “May I? There is only one way to prove heaven accepts your marriage and your right to the throne with Crown Prince Jinki.”  The kitten and tokki nodded slightly as Jinki said “Please, enlighten SHINee World.”

“To these false allegations that you are unworthy of the throne and the claim of your marriage angered the angels that they cursed you and punished our King and Queen with an illness that took their lives… The heavens blessed your marriage, it is true the legend of the Angel Queen foreseeing your marriage; it is true the crown prince proposes with a single yellow flower because of the man and angel. Legend says when the Man and Angel consummated their marriage one of the yellow petals on the heavenly flower from Emerald fields he proposed with turned aqua. Why aqua? The color of the sky and clouds, blue and white represent heaven, our angel queen and mixed with the color of green representing earth/the man she married thus making him a king, those 3 colors blend making aqua…How did the man know the heavens were accepting of him marrying one of their angels, blending his earthily family with her heavenly one? It was the 1st marriage of its kind and she was an angel after all: would it be allowable? The morning after the Honrye (wedding) it was the petal on the flower he proposed with that gave them the answer. He was worthy of her love for the heavens showed this and their acceptances by changing the color of one of its petals. The petal had changed from yellow to aqua letting the couple know the heavens allowed the man to marry one of their angels, the heavens accepted their marriage thus aqua became the kingdoms official color. Aqua the color of their love blending, the color of the merging of the heavenly family with an earthily one; a heavenly blessed union marrying the heavens and earth together which birthed our kingdom: Making the first Royal family: The Royal Lee Family.

Crown Prince Jinki and his spouse Prince Taemin, their marriage is also the only wedding of its kind. We wonder just like the 1st royal family had many years ago; is the Honrye allowable and worthy of heaven and our Kingdom’s crown and throne? Is Prince Taemin our new Angel Sovereign? There is only one way to find out. Heaven would give its answer; all we have to do is look at the petals of his proposal flower.  Every flower is kept and every flower by the power of the heavens is preserved the moment the person agrees to marry the crown prince. Like Advisor Lee explained earlier in the introduction the flowers are sacred; if you are unworthy of Crown Prince Jinki your flower would have wilted.” She looked away from Prince Taemin and looked up to the crowd with a soft smile “I am the late Queen’s personal maiden. The Queen and I protect all the flowers.” She looked down and locked eyes with the tiny kitten once more “I have brought yours and hers here for all to verify if you are our new King. If they match then the prophecy is correct. Shall we see?” Taemin and the entire courtyard answered unanimously “YES!” ...the three traitors were forced to watch as the maiden pinched the top of the yellow cloth over Taemin’s flower and lifted slowly, unveiling his flower in the green vase, incased in its clear dome. Nestled amongst the yellow petals its shiny aqua petal shimmered brightly in the famous pearlescent hue of heaven.

Beyond amazed at its beauty and their faith being restored the crowd gasped; Leeteuk struggled in vain to get up from kneeling but General Choi pressed harshly on his shoulders preventing him from getting up. The Queen’s maiden smiled “And this is the original angel queen’s flower.” The maiden slowly pulled the cloth unveiling its twin. Taemin’s parents shed an overwhelmed tear, Mrs. Lee fanned herself quickly; her baby was an angel and a real royal blessed by the heavens. From every shawol in attendances, there was no gasps of awe heard from them, no shouting or cheering they were beyond awestruck with not only beauty but truth; The SHINee World’s reaction was a peaceful, loving, and pure silence as they instantly bowed respectfully. Jinki and Taemin looked out at the ocean of people of every class background bowing to them. The crown prince proudly held Taemin’s paw and gave it a quick loving squeeze while the shawols weren’t looking.

As the people came up from their bow they felt relieved, fully aware of the truth. If there was any lingering doubt it all melted away for The Crown Prince and his husband had gained every single soul’s full allegiance. Leeteuk could feel the heat from everyone now turning their attention to him, glaring at him. If the two princes and their friends were poisoned into animals that could only mean one thing; the three men truly did murder the King and Queen and the five of them had only one week before they would lose their human voices and thoughts; one week left until they’d be trapped in the animal bodies forever and more than likely die shortly after if they are unable to survive that last step of transformation….Before the subjects could erupt into shouts over the realization of what Leeteuk and his two minions had done, the crown prince spread his furry white arms out wide and calmed them “We are very fortunate that the heavens have blessed us with a way to transform back into our true form; After we eat these petals from heaven our human bodies will be restored to us.”

As SHINee World watched in anticipation suspense hung heavily in the air as the sound of the flapping sapphire flags waved above the Main Gate and rippled breaking up the loud silence of the courtyard; Each animal held on to their colorfully petal; they glanced at one another with a soft smile. The mothers realized the petals the Queen’s apparition gave each of their children matched the colors Taemin’s mother had picked to represent them on the hems of their hanbok sleeves they wore today.  Jinki nodded, signaling his husband and their friends to get under their blankets. The black kitten crawled under his aqua blanket until his head poked out the other end so the subjects could see only his face; he then finally glanced towards his parents and smiled softly; they beamed back at him proudly, his mother wiped her wet lashes. Jinki smiled at his in-laws then his husband before covering himself with his blanket as well before the three others followed suit.  Each of them voicelessly acknowledged their families and the shawols tenderly. Once they were ready and their bodies, safe for their heads, were veiled the five young animals placed the petals gently on their tongues and closed their lips; consuming their petal letting the mystical power of the heavens commence. 

Without pain their bodies instantly started changing from the inside out. Their organs shifted, their tiny hearts with their fast heart rates slowed as their hearts grew until their heartbeats steadied into a healthy human rhythm, and their bones grew longer as they took a human shape.  As their legs grew they had began to stand up holding the blankets around themselves with their arms that quickly had changed into long human arms. Minho’s webbed feet along with the other’s paws separated into individual fingers and toes; regaining those human appendages they had missed, all five of them wiggled their fingers and toes joyfully. Jonghyun’s Taemin’s and Kibum’s tails shortened as did Jinki’s long tokki ears. The fox’s red furry cheekbones were soon hairless as his true flawless features appeared handsomely. Minho stretched his legs out as his leg bones elongated beneath the blanket. The shiny amphibian skin dulled, while it lost its glossy sheen the onyx speckles dissolved; the blue pigment gradually turning paler and paler until Minho was the color of his former self. Taemin’s famous sparkly starry-eyes grew bigger, taking their normal shape while his black fur atop of his head grew longer while the texture altered back to its humanly state. His little whiskers along with the fur on his face vanished into thin air revealing his true form.  Jinki’s white fluffy fur began fading slowly from snow white to ashen gray, the soft downy like feel morphed into silky smooth human hair and grew longer as it finished changing colors;  gradually from the roots to the tips the white pigment returned to its stunningly beautiful ebony color. His little tokki nose wiggled its last time as soon as it lost its pink hue which was replaced with his natural skin tone. Then in a blink of an eye his tokki face was gone and his princely angelic face appeared with a bright shining smile. The Crown Prince inhaled deeply taking in air into his human lungs; he exhaled slowly as relief washed over him: They were men again at last. …..While they were changing back into men Jinki and Taemin felt something in their angelic hearts..….They weren’t the only angels on the palace grounds anymore…….

Inside their blankets near their chests they balled up the fabric into their fists, keeping it closed. Before a minute was up they had transformed and with their long raven locks un-braided flowing freely in the breeze, thick ebony strands dancing majestically in the wind; the five men stood proudly, not a shamed or embarrassed of their undressed state with only a blanket covering their bodies like a regal gown. The kingdom wasn’t bothered at all by it either; they were understanding and respectful; they bowed once again to the five handsome honorable men stoically standing before them as pure as the day they were born.

Advisor Lee gestured to the Princes to be seated upon their throne. Jinki and Taemin turned to face each other then continued until their backs faced the crowd. With elegant synchronized strides they gracefully stepped up to their thrones as their long aqua blankets dragged behind them majestically. Reaching their rightful seats they turned around and faced the crowd. A solider stepped forward from the rest assembled on the platform holding a soft pearl aqua cushion, upon it laid Jinki’s parents ceremonial crowns. He bowed and raised the cushion up; Advisor Lee Sooman slightly bowed while with both hands he reached for the tallest of the crowns. He held the golden headpiece up for all to see as he dignifiedly proclaimed “I present to the SHINee Kingdom his Royal Highness King Jinki!” He lowered the crown slowly upon Jinki’s head. As they were being crowned General Choi’s men lowered the sapphire flags above the gates and hoisted up the pearlescent aqua flags; one of the flags had the new shinee emblem of the diamond. The king’s advisor picked up the other golden crown and holding it high he declared “I present to you, his Royal Highness King Taemin!”  Sooman paused; their three friends along with the loyal spectators filling the palace, respectfully bowed four times as was tradition, shouting in unison each time: "Long live the kings!"  Jinki’s maiden, the royal doctor and the former Queen’s maiden along with Taemin’s mother shed a few tears. Leeteuk rolled his eyes, but thankfully no one saw it for they couldn’t take their eyes off of the handsome angelic Kings once they came up from their formal bows. Advisor Lee continued joyfully, he smiled professionally but yet caringly “Our rightful heirs ordained by god, Kings’ Jinki and Taemin will usher us into a new era of peace and a prosperous Kingdom.”  The crowd cheered. Minho, Kibum and Jonghyun cheered as well; they were overwhelmed with joy for their “brothers” The courtyard erupted jubilantly “Long Live Kings’ Jinki and Taemin!”

It was a bitter sweet moment for it was joyous for the kingdom was restored to the rightful heirs but the death of the King and Queen made them mourn their loss all over again and livid at the three traitors; the entire kingdom wanted justice to be done. Once the cheers quitted and they began glaring at the three vile dishonorable men King Jinki glanced towards Leeteuk as well. “You know what the penalty is for treason and yet you risked it. I love my kingdom; I do not wish to rule them for the sake of controlling others or because I think I am better than they. I need them and they need me; we need each other. One of the first lessons I had with my father was learning the definition of SHINee. Do you know it Leeteuk? There is a reason my family line shines. Heaven may have given us our inner angelic light due to mixing the blood of an angle and a human man but after that it was up to us. It was up to the 1st royal couple, when they stepped out of Emerald Fields they saw many bad things and they saw temptation, but they chose to stay in the light and spread that light. They never fell into the darkness or spread it; they built the people up. You see, the light they saw in the people’s hearts filled the royal couple up with more light. The double EE’s means to receive the light as you know, but it’s not only our royal lee line receiving the light just from heaven we also get our light from them, our subjects. Thus the people of the land and my royal family line became known as SHINee for we are nothing without our people’s pure light supporting us. We need the kingdom, you didn’t need them; you used them, you needed the power there is a difference. Falling into temptation you have blackened your soul with sin: greed, envy, murder, and betrayal.   Our kingdom would have spiraled down and turned as black as the hellish black woods if you became king; they would have suffered fear and no freedoms, they would lose their inner light. They already started feeling the effects in the three months you took over. Our Shawols deserve better and our heavenly light guiding them and our sacrifices to ensure their lives are cared for properly without our sin tainting them. They must be loved, a love you denied them for you were controlling them. The people want justice, and I must do what is right...  Not out of vengeance but by royal law Lord Leeteuk, Advisor Kim Heechul, and Shindong you are sentenced to death for treason and for the murder of his Royal Highness King Onew and her majesty Queen Eunsook, the Shawol’s sovereign, my parents.”

The new angel queen locked eyes with the three kneeling men and spoke from his angelic heart “The shinee world feel heated malevolence revenge for everything you’ve done; as their heavenly Kings we mustn’t taint their souls this way and feed the seed of hate you planted in them; they demand your heads for what you’ve done but death is not a spectacle to get joy from. We will keep them pure and bring the light back by keeping this private for their souls and for yours.”  With that being said King Taemin glanced to his husband to continue and deliver the sentence.

“Though you have shown us none, King Taemin and I will show you some respect by allowing your death sentence to be carried out in private. Your sinful tainted blood will not be spilled on our coronation day; King Taemin and I will kindly spare your lives for an extra day; your humanly lives will be taken tomorrow at noon for the Heavens to judge.”

Taemin added firmly “If there is anything you’d like to say before you are lead away by the guards, speak now for you won’t have another chance.”

Leeteuk’s upper lip curled as he sharply proclaimed “I would do it again!” then he spit at The King and Queen’s feet.  As soon as the saliva hit the stone ground Chief Choi Minho punched Leeteuk in the cheekbone; it happened so fast Leeteuk didn’t’ know what happened; Leeteuk’s head whipped violently to the side from the impact. He blinked his eyes as the metallic taste of blood slowly saturated his tongue; he looked up to see Minho glaring at him with one arm out of his blanket; with his long hair cascading down his back and shoulder exposed and a tight fist Minho gritted his teeth “Get them out of here before I disobey his highness for the 1st time in my entire life and behead them publicly myself!”   

They instantly were scooped up by their elbows that had been bound; Leeteuk and Heechul were yelling inappropriate foul things as they struggled to get out of the guards hold on them as they were pulled away from the thrones; Shindong laughed evilly with a wicked smirk as he was dragged away with them.

Once everything had settled and they were out of sight and the crowd became quiet once more after exploding into shouts and mummers of their own directed at the three villains being taking away to the stockades. The two kings proclaimed their own royal decree, a pledge to rule justly and benevolently like the ious angelic kings and queens of the past.

Jinki finished the ceremony with a short speech. “Thank you to the shawols who stayed loyal and your support: Looking for us day and night, never giving up hope and faith. Thank you to the palace staff who aided us once we returned to the palace. To the rest, it is not your fault for being lead a stray from loyalty and for others not knowing which side to choose. I thank you as well for seeing the light.” King Jinki turned his head and with a warm smile he addressed his husband. “Thank you King Taemin for showing it to them: for fulfilling the prophecy. I thank the heavens and my royal ancestors for sending you to me but not only me but my people, our people.” He returned his attention to their subjects “My lineage, our kingdom’s history, our SHINee dynasty, our kingdom, its order has been restored thanks to every soul for we all had a role to play.” King Jinki stood up from his throne and pulled an arm out from under his aqua blanket and gestured with his hand to the new flag waving proudly over the gates behind the crowd “The diamond emblem we found out was made by King Taemin’s mother. We heard the reason for the diamond is because we cannot live without you, you are our rock, our diamond. This is true more than you know. Like I told Leeteuk, King Taemin and I get our strength from you and you get your strength from us. The symbol of faith and resistance against the evil and our bond will become our official flag of our Kingdom.” The crowd cheered happily; King Jinki turned around and held out his hand. Taemin let his blanket fall off his shoulder and pulled his arm out as well, taking his husbands hand he stood up proudly by his side. They shared a small but yet professional smile before looking out into the ocean of Shawols that had gathered. Jinki still holding his blanket closed with his other hand he had to let go of Taemin’s hand for just a moment. He smiled to their three friends who had been watching respectfully from the side. Jinki motioned with his free hand for them to stand on either side of him and Taemin. The trio glanced at each other then walked up next to the two Kings. “These men had to endure hardships in the journey with us and shared in King Taemin and I’s pain. What they do not know is is heaven has blessed them for their loyalty and bravery to our Kingdom.  As a king and with an angel’s heart my husband and I are connected to the heavens; we can sense heavens intentions and actions and when we transformed back into men we felt something in our angel hearts. We became aware of other angels amongst us.”  Jinki let his husband continue; Jinki and Taemin walked in front of the three men and smiled softly with kind eyes as Taemin began.

“The heavens communicate through our heartbeats and spoke; they have rewarded you. Chief Choi, Advisor Kim, Minstrel Kim, the heavens have told us the blood that runs through your veins has been transformed into angelic blood.” Instantly lightheaded by the news Jonghyun froze and blinked as his mouth fell open, he was one of the highest statuses in the land, an angel; Jinki tried not to smirk at his friend almost fainting and tried to remain stoic and kingly. Kibum and Minho bowed to the kings which trigged Jonghyun to unfreeze and do the same. “Thank you” The trio said. “Do not thank us. We thank you.” Taemin said before he and Jinki bowed to them then slowly everyone in attendances did the same. Jonghyun got emotional as silent tears slipped from his eyes as he and the other two men glanced around to see everyone showing their deepest respect for protecting the two Kings.  Minho and Kibum tried their best to hold back tears of their own as they stood closer to Jonghyun. Leeteuk was stripped of his heavenly blood because he took advantage of his status and the people leading them into darkness, it was a blessing not to be misused; the two kings knew their three friends would never do such vile things but they still had to inform them: protocol. Thus Queen Taemin addressed them once more “You must continue to lead a good life and live in the light, take care of the people and they will take care of you. As long as you never use the status for darkness and mistreatment your heavenly blood cannot be stripped from you. Our people will show you the same respect as a royal. Hence forth you are legally our heavenly brothers.” The three bowed to their highnesses and vowed their loyalty.

King Taemin sighed happily and walked with Jinki to stand at the end of the line their friends had formed. From left to right, in front of the throne, there stood the five shining souls: King Jinki, King Taemin, and their angelic brothers, Jonghyun, Minho, and Key facing the crowd proudly standing in a line majestically and humbly draped in blankets covering their bodies and their long hair naturally flowing freely. Every shawol showed them respect by bowing twice and then shouting “Long live Kings’ Jinki and Taemin. Long live SHINee!” in between each bow. Jinki declared “We are a strong proud people, we are SHINee! And you are everything, our world.” The royal couple proclaimed joyfully the last empowering sentence together “Our SHINee world.” 

 

King Jinki's Crown and King Taemin's Crown

 

 

 


 

Please don't forget to comment so I can know your feelz. <3<3<3

If you like my stroy please upvote! *hugs* 

I Love yous!

LONG LIVE SHINee AND SHINee WORLD!!!