Desire of the Soul (Luhan) - Part 1

Fluff Overload

*Luhan’s POV*

Though this was very dumb on my part, I don’t know why I was doing this. ‘Something must be wrong with me but I am way too curious.’ Shining the flashlight in front of me, I made my way through the forest and stayed as alert as possible. ‘I feel like I’m playing a horror video game right now.’  I stopped walking as soon as the mansion was in sight and took a deep breath to gather all the courage I had in me. “You can do it, Luhan…it’s not your first time.”

A few days ago all my hyungs and dongsaengs were having a scary story night when suddenly Sehun suggested that we go visit a nearby haunted mansion. At first there were a lot of mumbles saying that it’s not right, but in the end we ended up in front of the mansion.


~Flashback~

“So who is going to go in?” Kai asked as he moved his eyes from person to person.

“Sehun should go in since he suggested the idea.” Tao mumbled clearly not wanting to be the target.

“Ya, no way! Why doesn’t Xiumin hyung go in? He is not afraid of ghosts and stuff.” Sehun immediately jumped to defend himself.

“Why don’t we just play rock, paper, scissor?” Kai suggested over the arguing voices to which everyone agreed. It turned out that D.O. and I lost the game so we had no choice but to go inside the house. Somehow or another we had managed to get through most of the house without getting scared by any sort of apparitions or entities.

“This isn’t that scary.” D.O. gave a small smile as we walked examining the environment around us.

“Y-Yeah but what if we see something?” I suddenly turned around when I heard a scratching noise coming from the pitch black hallway we had come through. “Hey, D.O. did you hear that?” I looked towards his direction, “D.O.? Hey, where did you go?” I took a few steps trying to look around for him, “Come out. This is not funny!”

Hey.” A ghastly feminine voice startled me causing me to fall on my behind.

“W-Who was that? D.O.? Please don’t try to scare me using a female’s voice.”

“Luhan hyung! Where the hell are you?!” I heard his voice in the opposite direction from the female voice. “Hurry and get here! It’s getting scary here…let’s go back out!”

‘That voice…wasn’t D.O.? I think I’m going crazy. I need to get out of here.’ I quickly stood up and started walking in D.O.’s direction.

Wait, please don’t go.” The female voice said again causing me to freeze for a second as I caught a white figure out of the corner of my eye.

I am not going to hurt you. I just ne-

I started to run towards D.O. without listening to the rest of the words, ‘What did I just see?!’ I took a hold of D.O.’s hand pulling him along with me as I continued to run as fast as I possible could.

~End Flashback~


For some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about that voice and had a strong urge to go back to the house.

“Why am I doing this?” I sighed slowly making my way into the mansion, “H-Hello? Is anyone here? Look…I am going crazy thinking about the other day. I don’t know if I really heard a voice or if I was hallucinating.” There was no response whatsoever, “Okay, well now I know there isn’t anyone here. It was just my imagination.”

Wait, please!” A female voice suddenly shouted causing me to jump back.

“Who are you?! Wait, don’t appear in front of me if you’re a ghost or something!”

Okay, I will not appear in front of you but don’t run away. I am not going to hurt you…I promise.

“So you r-really are a ghost?”

I don’t really like the term ghost. How about a wandering soul?

“Wandering soul? Um…are you going to try to scare me by making things fly and stuff?”

Why do you humans always think that ghosts are out to scare you? We aren’t all evil, understand?

“S-sorry…all movies always show that gho- I mean souls are evil except kid movies and stuff.”

I heard her chuckling, “If that’s the case, then think of me as Casper the Friendly Ghost…well more like Lee Hyunri the Friendly Soul.

“For a wandering soul, you sure have a good sense of humor.” Though I was scared out of my wits, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing at her humor.

Hey, we can be funny if we want to be! Anyways, I am happy that you came back to meet me. No one ever comes back after hearing my voice.”

“But why did you want me to come back? I mean why did you say not to go?”

Um, let’s just say that I am trapped in this house and cannot go out. I get bored being here all alone. Also I like pretty things…and this place is really scary!

“Hold on, did a soul just say that this place is scary?” I started to laugh, “What? This is just way too funny!”

Why are you laughing? I hate scary places! If you don’t stop laughing, then I will appear in front of you and scare you!

“No! Don’t you dare to do that. I will run away from here and not come back.”

Ya that’s a mean threat! I will haunt your dreams if you dare to run away.

“How will you do that if you can’t leave the house?” I continued laughing at her cute replies.

Don’t use that against me! You know what…you deserve a punishment.

As soon as she said that I felt my body being lifted into the air and suddenly turned upside down, “H-Hey what are you doing?! PUT ME DOWN!”

Not until you promise to stop teasing and threating me!

“Alright alright! I promise.” My body slowly started to turn right side up and my feet touched the ground.

If you break your promise, then I will lift your body up and send you on a roller coaster ride. Oh um it’s going to be morning really soon so you might want to go back. Your friends will get worried if they don’t see you.”

“My friends? You know them?”

I saw them outside when you and your friend came into the house a few days ago. Anyways hurry and go. Also remember to come back…I need company.

For some reason I could image her soul pouting while she said that statement causing me to smile, “I will be back when I get the chance. I have a lot more to ask you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is going to be a two shot because I don't want to rush the plot or post a REALLY long one shot. >< I will try to get part 2 uploaded as soon as I can!