Short and Sweet (Lay)

Fluff Overload

 

*Lay’s POV*

Manager hyung came into my room and emptied a bag filled with fan letters on my desk, “Enjoy looking through these.” He gave a chuckle before walking out of my room to hand the others their fan letters.


I started to quickly shuffling through the letters, “Where is it? I have been waiting for these letters to arrive. Ah here it is.” She always sends her letters in the same pink, heart-covered envelope with my name written in a blue gel pen. I carefully opened the envelope and took out the letter, “Hi Lay oppa, I am even a bigger fan of ours now. I love you!” I smiled to myself, “Short and sweet as always. I really wish that I could meet you, Nikki ssi.”


Kwon Nikki was the name of the girl that always wrote sweet and short letters to me, and by short I mean one or two lines. Every fans tried his or her best to write a long letter to me but Nikki was different; even though she didn’t write long letters to me, I could gather all the emotions she was trying to convey. “Maybe one day I will be able to meet her.”


“Hyung!” I heard Tao’s voice as he peeked into my room, “Time to get ready for the fan meet! We need to get there early so hurry and get ready.”


“Alright.” I walked over to my closet, “Maybe her favorite color is pink…” I picked out a pink shirt along with light blue jeans and threw them on. “I am ready.” I announced as I strolled into the living room to see everyone waiting for me, “Oh did I take too long? Sorry about that.”


“Everyone let’s get going.” Suho hyung motioned everyone to follow him out the door, “Everyone make sure not to get too friendly with the fans. Talk to them but don’t let them touch you. There are going to be guards all around making sure no one does anything but regardless stay alert.”


“I hope the same incident with the crazy fan doesn’t happen again.” Kai sighed heavily as he started to recall the last fan meet in which a fan had decided to create a huge commotion in order to get our attentions.


“Don’t think about it too much,” I sighed, “Otherwise you’ll not be able to properly concentrate on the fan meet.”


Throughout the whole car ride I kept on thinking of Nikki; for some reason I had a feeling that she would show up to the fan meet.


“We are here…and woah more fans showed up than before!” Tao looked around, “Today is going to be a very long day.”


Manager hyung and the event managers helped up get prepared while the fans started to chant our names in unison. Slowly one-by-one fans came with merchandise for us to sign as we exchanged a few words with them. Hours passed but no one by the name of Kwon Nikki showed us, ‘I guess my feeling was wrong…’


I kept my head down as the next girl came up to my table spot, “What’s your name?” I asked wanting the fan meet to end.


“K-Kwon Nikki.”


My head immediately shot up to see a girl dressed in a white laced top and a pair of skinny jeans with a black beaded necklace. She was just as I had imagined her, ‘Sweet, shy, and cute.’


She held out a CD, “Could you please sign this, Lay op-pa?”


I took the CD out of her hand as a wide grin appeared on my lips, “Of course.” I started to write out a message on the CD, “You know something…you really don’t say much…neither in person or on your letters.”

 

*Nikki’s POV*

“L-letters?” I stuttered shocked to hear him say that he not only read my letters but also remembered them.


“Yes, your short and sweet letters.” He gave me a cute dimple smile that made my knees weaker than they already were. “Your letters are always my favorite. I was hoping that you would come to this fan meet since you didn’t come to the last one.”


“You were waiting for me?” My cheeks started to heat up as I stood frozen in disbelief, “Really, oppa?”


“Yes, really.” He became quiet for a few seconds before looking down at his note. He jotted down something else on the photobook inside the CD before handing it to me, “Read this when no one is around you.”


I blinked at him while taking the CD, “Okay. Thank you, oppa. I hope I can see you again.”


“Don’t worry you’ll see me again soon.” He chuckled causing me to be even more confused than before, “Now hurry and get the others to sign the photobook.”


After getting the other signatures I found a corner where no fan girl was looming near, ‘What did he write in here?’ I flipped through the photobook and stopped at his message, ‘Nikki ssi, thank you for your support and the sweet letters you send to me. Though you don’t write much, for some reason I can understand everything that you are trying to say to me. I had this image of you in my mind before seeing you, and you are exactly as I imagined you. I would love to get to know you better because fans like you don’t come around often. Here is my phone number so message me if you do want to meet me sometime. ^^ Thanks for coming today!”


I kept on staring at the note over and over again, ‘He wants to meet me? He really wants to meet me?’ I moved my eyes to the stage where EXO was sitting and found Lay oppa staring at me with a soft smile on his face. ‘This is nothing less than a dream.’


I took out my phone and typed out a message saying oppa is the best before sending it to him. As soon as I hit send, I moved my eyes towards oppa to see him checking his phone.


“Short and sweet as always.” He replied as all the members of EXO got up and thanked their fans for attending their fan meet. As they all started to walk off the stage, Lay oppa winked at me making my cheeks turn even redder. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't you wish these incidents would happen to you with your favorite idols? T__T

Refer to chapter 1 for the request list or click here
Go to chapter 2 for the one shot list or click here