Pranks with a Chance of Love (Onew) - Part 1

Fluff Overload

*Yura’s POV*

“JINKI!!!!”  

“Mia, calm down…”

“What do you mean calm down?! Yura unnie, he did this to me! How dare he—Jinki, you are going to pay for this!”

My best friend Mia, a kind hearted girl that is very friendly, innocent, and sweet. I am three years older than Mia, a senior in high school, but I love her as my little sister. As you saw above, Mia does not take jokes very well especially when they are played by Jinki.

Lee Jinki, a sophomore in high school that is a popular boy in school; girls are crazy for him, and I mean CRAZY! Jinki LOVES to play pranks on Mia as his favorite pastime and for this reason whenever these two are together they never stop fighting. You are probably wondering if Mia and Jinki always argue then why they even talk to each other. Well that is where Kim Jonghyun, Jinki’s best friend and Mia’s close friend comes in. Since he is friends with both of them, Mia and Jinki have no choice but to see each other’s faces. I feel sorry from Jonghyun because that poor boy is a wall between his two constantly bickering friends. 

“Mia, please relax!”

“Unnie, how can I relax?!”

 

*Mia’s POV*

‘I will not forgive that Jinki. This was my favorite shirt and cannot believe that he shook up my coke bottle! I am too hungry to deal with this right now, but just wait till I find him.’

Unnie and I were sitting on a picnic table outside the school cafeteria ready to eat lunch. I reached for some ketchup to put on my French fries, and suddenly the ketchup bottle exploded on me. My face started to turn bright red, “LEE JINKI!!!!!!”

 

*Jinki’s POV*

“Uh oh looks like I got caught earlier than expected!” I could tell that Mia was not happy with my little prank or rather pranks. Jonghyun and I heard her scream all the way from the cafeteria to my classroom which was three buildings away.

“Hyung, what did you do now?” Jonghyun asked, dropping his chopsticks and giving me a worried look.

“Oh, I just shook up her coke bottle and made the ketchup bottle explode.”

“Just? Hyung, that is mean! Why do you pick on her so much?”

“It’s fun picking-” I did not even have time to finish my sentence before the lady demon stormed into the room where Jonghyun and I were eating.

“JINKI! Who do you think you are?!”

 “You should see your face right now!” I started laughing and pulled out my camera, “I need take a picture for all of my social sites.”

“You!”

“Scary…I feel threatened. What are you going to do Mia? Hit me?” I placed a hand on my stomach, which was hurting from laughing so hard.

“No. I am going to do this!” She marched to me and hugged me tightly.

“HEY!”

“Now we have matching outfits covered in coke and ketchup. You should see YOUR face now!” Mia stuck out her tongue as she started to crack up.

“Serves you right. Bye Jonghyun.” Mia smiled at my dongsaeng and walked away.

“She got you there hyung!”

‘That girl. What am I going to do with her?’ I thought to myself as I angrily rubbed the back of my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Mia’s POV*

It was the end of the year, but Jinki and I stopped arguing, fighting, or pranking each other. At the end of the year our college had a camping trip for freshmen and sophomores. I was very glad to see Jonghyun oppa coming along but unfortunately Jinki was going as well.

“Ouch…” I felt something hit my head and of course it was none other than Jinki, the monster. ‘That boy!’ We reached the camping site and got settled in our cabins within an hour. I was planning to relax for a bit, but my friends dragged me with them to go take a walk in the woods nearby despite my strong protests.

 

*Jinki’s POV*

It was evening but the sky had darkened earlier than usual; I had heard the teachers telling the students that a storm was approaching and to be careful. I looked up to see black clouds everywhere, ‘It looks like a terrible storm is going to hit us.’

“So is she back yet?” I hear a girl asking a group of girls, who I recognized to be Mia’s friends.

“Sun, who are you talking about?” The one wearing a white summer dress asked her worried friend.

“Iseul, I am talking about Mia!”

“What do you mean by ‘is she back’?” Iseul’s eyes widened as she moved closer to the edge of her seat.

“Oh no. That means she is still out there! And the storm is here!”  Sun put her hand over .

“What do you mean Mia is out there?” Iseul stood from her place repeating her unanswered question.

“This afternoon I played a prank on Mia. I took her into the woods. When we played a game in which we had to search for items, I left Mia all by herself and came back here. I didn’t think she would get lost.”

My eyes widened from hearing Sun’s explanation, ‘Mia is out in the woods in this weather?’

“Sun, do you know what you just said? What are we going to tell the teachers now?”

“Iseul, please don’t tell them anything please. I don’t want to get into trouble.”

Abruptly a loud thunder was heard in the sky, ‘Mia hates thunder…’ I thought still in a state of shock while slowly stepped backwards as I continued to eavesdrop on the conversation. Spinning around I ran as fast as I could into the woods as my eyes frantically scanned the areas. ‘Mia where are you?’

Small amounts of rain drops started falling from the sky when suddenly my eyes landed on a figure kneeling on the ground. “Mia…”

I raced up to her and kneeled down in front of her, “Mia!”

She was bawling even as she looked at me with tear filled eyes, “Jinki…”

“Come on.” I said taking a hold of her hand and helping her up. We ran into a small cave nearby as the weather outside worsened; it started pouring, the wind picked up, and the sky got pitch black.

“Mia, are you alright?” I wiped her tears away as the frightened girl gave me a nod. A deafening sound of thunder came from above, causing Mia to hug me tightly. Jonghyun had told me once that when Mia was around eight years old, she got lost in the woods. That day the weather was similar to the weather right now with lots of rain, thunder, and wind. Ever since that day she was petrified of storms especially the thunder and lightning.

“It’s okay Mia, please don’t cry. I am here for you.” I tightly wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.

 

*Mia’s POV*

I was stunned to hear Jinki’s words and couldn’t believe that he hugged me back. I guess Jonghyun was right when he said that Jinki has a heart and can be nice. We stood there for a long time hugging each other; I did not know why but for some reason I left safe in Jinki’s arms. He released me and studied my face which still had tears rolling down it. Jinki wiped away my tears with his thumbs, “You know something, you look better when you are angry not when you are sad.”

His statement caused my tears to increase, making him sigh, “Mia, please don’t cry. I can’t see you cry…”

“Who are you, and what have you done to Jinki?”

“The Jinki you know is taking a break. He sent me to replace him.” He gave me a charming smile.

“Well I have a message for the monster Jinki: tell him that he needs to stay on vacation longer because I like this Jinki much better.”

“Babo…” He whispered, unexpectedly kissed my forehead and embraced me. My cheeks turned red as I stood paralyzed causing him to laugh, “Mia, you are welcome to hug me back.” I tied my arms around him and snuggled in his arms, ‘He feels really warm.’ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~