Prince Charming (Chen)

Fluff Overload

 

*Chaerin’s POV*

‘I finally managed to reach South Korea after two days of travelling and four connecting flights. It was cheaper to take multiple flights from New York but it sure was very exhausting.’ Hi my name is Choi Chaerin otherwise known as Susie, a Korean born in the state of New York. Though I am a Korean, I have no ties to my culture hence the reason why my parents decided that I was too white washed and needed to get in touch with my Korean roots. What better way to get in touch with my roots than sending me to South Korea to learn the ways and culture of the people living there. I tried my level best to oppose the idea but when does a child ever win against their parents except in those lucky rare occasions. So here I was standing in the Incheon Airport trying to figure out what I need to do in order to get my hotel.

As I made my way out of the terminal, past the security gate, I was shocked to see a large number of girls waiting for someone. ‘Is there a celebrity coming or something?’ My curiosity started to take the better of me and I slowly made my way into the crowd. ‘Who are they all waiting for?’ I somehow managed to make my way through the girls and ended up at the front. In no time there was a notable increase of screams coming from the excited girls. A few idols started to make their way through a designated pathways, waving at the fans. ‘I have no idea who they are but from their clothes, I can definitely say that they are kpop idols.’

As soon as a few members of the band walked passed me, the girls behind me started to push really hard. ‘What is wrong with these girls? It’s not like they can touch these guys.’ Trying my best to keep my footing, I tried really hard not to get shoved onto the floor in front of me but a sudden forceful push caused me to fall face flat.

 

*Chen’s POV*

It was finally great to be back home after a very long and exhausting world tour but we weren’t going to be able to relax until we were out of the sights of our fan girls. All the members made their way through the airport with screaming fans on each side of our pathway, ‘I appreciate the support but I’m too exhausted right now to do anything.’ I was stopped in my track when a girl suddenly fell face flat right at my feet. “Hey, are you okay?” Quickly kneeling down I helped her up as my hyungs and dongsaengs gathered around me surprised by what happened.

“Y-Yeah, I am okay.” She mumbled as she dusted her clothes off without looking up at me.

“Will all you calm down?!” I shifted my gaze to the other fans, “STOP PUSHING EVERYONE!” Though I would never scream at girls, this situation was way too serious as it could badly injure someone.

 

*Chaerin’s POV*

I looked up at the idol who helped me out, ‘Wow they all really do look the same—the same baby cream lathered glowing face, perfectly set hair, and strange clothes. Well I’m sure that these girls probably want to kill me because I got a change to be close to THEIR oppa.’ I gave a slight bow to show at least some respect, “Thank you for helping me.”

The guy that helped me gave me a smile and a nod, “You are welcome and be careful next time.” With those words, they all started to walk away as the girls chased after them as if they were flies getting attracted to honey. ‘What is wrong with these girls? Don’t they realize that the idols find this annoying?’ This was the worst possible way to start off my journey in a completely unknown country. 

~Few weeks later~

I had managed to settle down and find a nice apartment which was located right in Seoul. Unfortunately I hadn’t made any friends here because they found me odd since I looked Korean but sounded like an American. Why did my parents have to put me through this ordeal? If they wanted me to stay Korean, they shouldn’t have moved to America in the first place! Practically every single day I had this thought and regretted leaving New York, but today I decided to stop thinking about this and treat myself to lunch. ‘This food is really delicious. Maybe I should treat myself to eat out more often.’

 

*Chen’s POV*

Since we had the day off, Kris hyung, Tao, Sehun and I had gone to my favorite restaurant to have lunch. Once we were done eating, Sehun went to the restroom while the three of us waited outside for him to return.

“Aish what is taking Sehun so long?” Tao frowned, crossing his arms, “What if some fans find us here?”

I shifted my gaze to Tao, “We still haven’t gotten our payback for what he did earlier this morning.”

“Yeah, this is true. I can’t believe that he decided to pour ice water on our faces to wake us up.”

“Let’s give him a taste of his own medicine,” I smirked and pulled out a bottle of ice-cold water from my backpack, “Oh I think I hear someone coming out. I’m sure it’s Sehun.” I uncapped the bottle and as my dongsaeng drew closer, I splashed his as hard as I could. “GOT YOU!” When I jumped out, I froze dead in my place, ‘Uh-oh.’

“WHAT THE HELL?!” The girl glared at me, “HOW DARE YOU SPLASH ME? YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?”

I was so shocked that I didn’t know how to react or what to say, ‘Wait this girl is the same one that we met at the airport.’

Her face jerked up towards me with flames in her eyes, “Why did-”

Kris cut her off, “Hey, you’re the girl that fell at the airport.”

“At the airport? Wait, how did you know?”

Kris hyung reached over and slightly pulled down my face mask, “Remember him?”

She moved her eyes towards me, “Oh you are the guy that helped me out. But still why did you splash me with water?! That was cold!”

“You splashed a girl with water? What is wrong with you, hyung?” Sehun had walked up behind the girl, “Hyung, were you trying to get me back for this morning?” He started to laugh and couldn’t stop even after tears started to form in his eyes from laughing a lot.

“Miss, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to splash you…it was intended for my dongsaeng.” I bowed apologetically hoping that she would forgive me.

“Next time make sure you get the right person. By the way, who are you guys? I figure that you are idols since those girls at the airport were going crazy for all of you.”

“You seriously don’t know who we are?” Tao gawked at her with wide eyes, “You are playing with us, right?”

“No, I’m not playing with you guys. I honestly don’t know who you are because I am not from here. I was born and raised in America and don’t listen to any Korean music. Well anyways, if you guys don’t want to tell me, then I really don’t mind. I am going to get going now.” She gave a quick bow and walked away leaving all of us dumbfounded.

‘She truly doesn’t know who we are?’

 

~Another few weeks later~

*Chaerin’s POV*

It was the weekend and what better way to spend it than going to the park to relieve all the stress built up during the week. I made my way to a small stall nearby selling beverages, “Excuse me, could you please give me one of these drinks?” I pointed to a colorful cup and paid for it, ‘Man am I thirsty.’ As I started to take a drink, I felt a burst of saltiness inside my mouth causing me to spit the liquid out. “WHY is this so salty?”

The vendor gave a small bow, “Sorry miss, I was asked to do this by that man in the red jacket.” Gritting my teeth in anger, I stormed towards the guy, took a hold on his jacket, and spun him around. “WHY did you ask the vendor to give me a salty drink?!”

“You…got the salty drink?” The boy’s eyes widened, “How do you always end up being the victim of my pranks when they’re mean for someone else?”

“What do you always? Wait, don’t tell you are the same guy from the airport!”

“Yes, I’m the same guy from the airport. I didn’t mean to prank you…it was meant for one of my hyungs.” He rubbed the back of his head, “It’s like you can always get attracted to my pranks. Um what you said last time about not knowing us, were you being serious?”

“Yes, I am being dead serious. Who are you guys?”

“Actually I don’t think it’s a good idea talking about it right now. Tell you what, come to this address and I will tell you everything.” He took a piece of paper and wrote an address on it, “Don’t worry I am not a bad person so please come.”

I took the piece of paper from him, “Fine, I will be there.”

~Next day~

I got ready to meet that guy whose name I still didn’t know, and though I could have honestly gone to google to find his identity, I didn’t feel up to it. ‘He can tell me everything himself.’ Grabbing my purse I made my way to the address that he had written down for me. Once I arrived at the restaurant, I was stunned to be greeted by a rose petal walkway leading to a beautifully decorated table. ‘Woah why does this look like a romantic date?’

Shifting my eyes to a figure standing near the table, I saw the same boy that invited me here. But this time he actually looked different and I mean different. He was dressed in a black suit with a white undershirt and was flashing a sweet smile. “Hi, thanks for coming! Um are you just going to stand there? Come here!”

I slowly made my way towards him, “You didn’t say anything about this being a date.”

“If I had told you, then it wouldn’t have been a surprise. But anyways my name is Kim Jong Dae otherwise known as Chen. I am a member of EXO, a band under a company called SM Entertainment.”

We both took a seat as I listened to his introduction, “EXO? Oh I have heard of you guys because one of my friends is a fan. I’m sure she will die of jealousy if she finds out that I meet you guys and had a date with one of them.”

 

*Chen’s POV*

I gave a chuckle at her comment, “Well I am glad that you have at least heard of us. Do you think that I am odd? I mean I accidentally pranked out twice and we have just been having pretty unusual meetings.”

“I used to think that you are odd but after seeing you like this, I change my mind. You are kinda cute.”

“Cute?” My cheeks started to turn a bit red, “You yourself are cute as well.”

“Mr. Chen, are you trying to flirt with me?” She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

“N-No, I am not. I was just saying.”

“Relax, I am joking. I find it adorable that you are flirting with me. Honestly the first time I saw you, you seemed like the stereotypical Korean idol but I change my mind now.”

“Change your mind to what?” I asked with my head tilted a bit.

“You are a prince charming. Now I see why fan girls are crazy for you. I might actually just as well become your fan.”

I reached over and took a hold of her hand, “Maybe one day something more than a friend.” I gave a small smile before giving her a kiss on her hand leaving her shocked by my comment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one shot took too long to write...I keep thinking these one-shots are too long so I will try to do some shorter one-shots.

Refer to chapter 1 for the request list or click here
Go to chapter 2 for the one shot list or click here