Choice

Contrastive Sonorus

PRESENT TIME

 

Nana retired from the set, silently, with a frown on her face, which made Raina confused, I wonder if something bothered her on this scene?

**

Nana let herself fall on the couch, she sighed and gave a look to the script next to her. Frowning again, she looked at the window.

Suddenly a voice was heard in the room "Hey, is everything okay?", it was Raina who followed her to the room.

"I just didn't like today's shooting" replied Nana without looking at her. 

"Why?"

"Because I was terrible"

"Hey, it wasn't that bad, you made to do it at the end"

"By pure luck."

Raina sighed "Nana, as much as I despise you, you're good at acting. Just do better tomorrow and read your lines tonight." this statement made Nana to let out a laugh.

"What lines?"

"From your script" said Raina in a sarcastic tone.

"How about you sing them to me, Ms. Broadway?"

Raina took the script in an annoyed way due to Nana's attitude, and started to look at the pages. Only to find just actions to be done, she looked back at Nana.

"Is she...?"

After a few seconds, Nana finally replied "Yeah..." then scoffed "I guess this movie production wants to make you the star"

Raina went through a mix of shock, disgust, slightly ending up in panic. She needed air, there she was in front of the big actress and suddenly the intentions are others, she didn't want this, she just wanted to be in a musical movie, not to carry the weight of the story on her shoulders.

She looked around, finding harder to breathe and after one last look to Nana, she ran from the room.

**

Raina walked anywhere but far from the set, the people, Nana. 

After a while, her steps got her into a park. There were barely couples around, she sat on a close bench in front of a lake. It was so calm, exactly the kind of feeling she wanted right now.

When she thought about what she just have done, she chuckled, why did I even run away like this?

Suddenly she felt her should being tapped by someone. "Jooyeon! what are you doing here?", Jooyeon sat next to her "Nana was worried, but don't tell her I told you what she looked like when she asked me to look for you, she would probably kill me."

Raina was caught in surprise "She sent for me?"

"Oh yeah, she muttered a fake excuse that Kahi sent for you, but I grew to know her enough when it came to you"

Raina shook her head "Jooyeon, it's been a long time, there's no way she would remember how I used to be"

Jooyeon tilted her head "Maybe not, maybe yes. Anyway, you should go back."

"You think I could make this a good role?"

"You're nervous about it?"

"Not just nervous, I'm... I don't know! I haven't been a lead in a movie, or worked with such a character, an important one, so I'm just wondering if Kahi made a good choice."

Jooyeon sighed and then smiled kindly at her friend "You have seen her movies, right?"

"Of course"

"Did you like them?"

"I loved them!" said Raina with a smile.

"Then she made the right choice." Jooyeon said patting Raina's shoulder when muttering the last two words, which made the latter smile and feel relieved.

"Thanks, Jupal"

"No problem."

**

Raina returned to the hotel room, Nana was asleep on the couch that she seemed to have moved to the front of the door.

Raina smiled Has she been waiting for me?, she shook her head slowly and gently moved towards her, putting a hand on her shoulder to see if she woke up. Nana moved briefly and Raina whispered "You gotta go to bed. I'll help you", somehow the actress heard and stood up with her eyes still closed. Raina took her all the way to her bedroom and helped her to lie down on bed, she covered her with a bed sheet and got close to her head, but the ongoing motion didn't meet its end, for she stopped and went back to her own bedroom.


**

The next day, while they were going through the same makeup-outfit routine, a guy entered and walked towards Nana.

"Someone sent you this" he said lending her a small white box with a rose on top. Nana smiled and took it.

"Thank you" despite of the words, the guy didn't leave her, which made her a bit confused "Is there anything else?"

"Oh, sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Ren, I'll be your new assistant."

"But I didn't..."

"The sender asked me to assist you in anything you needed"

"The sender..?" Nana looked at the gift and then with wide open eyes at him "Do you know him? Please, tell me you do."

"Sorry, I don't, I was just asked through someone who works for that person"

Nana sighed in disappointment, but before sinking into that feeling, a voice was heard at her back "Another pair of shoes?" It was Raina, who was fixing her earrings.

"Yes, any problem?"

"No, I just think that this person surely wants to fill your world with shoes"

Nana was about to smile but then remembered who she was talking to and the current situation. "Shoes are... have... ugh, it's none of your business"

"As you wish, m'lady" which made Nana frown in order to give another meaning to the color of her face.

And she had to say that... 

**

"Ok, people! Get ready! Nana! Raina! Everything okay with you?" asked Kahi as she checked everything before starting to shoot the scene. Both girls nodded. "Good! Ladies and gentlemen we have a new guy on the crew, please, make Ren feel welcome, he'll be working as Nana's assistant." she said pointing at the handsome guy close to Nana. "Well, you know the drill, take positions!"

Everyone moved swifly towards their posts without bumping into anyone in the way: cameras, personnel, actresses. All set.

"And action!"

 

 


A/N: To the new suscribers, thank you! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and see your comments in the future. Have a great day! :)