First Day of Filming

Contrastive Sonorus

A loud knock on the door woke up a sleepy Nana, while Raina —who was up, dressed and drinking her morning cup of coffee— went towards the entrance to see what was it about.

 

"Good morning, Raina" said a smiling Jooyeon on the other side, "it's time for filming. Is Nana ready?"

 

Raina rolled her eyes, "she's still sleeping"

 

"What? Well, wake her up, it's first day of work and Kahi want all of you there as soon as possible."

 

Jooyeon left, Raina turned to pick some things to leave the room without Nana, but after walking from the door towards Nana's room over and over again, she realized that it might cost her some yelling from the director, she couldn't just leave Nana sleeping, after all, she was her co-star, either way they wouldn't be able to do much without her.

 

So, she left her bag on the couch and went to the kitchen, shaking Nana "Get up! It's first day of filming, they want us there fast"

 

"5 minutes more" mumbled Nana which made Raina frown, she went to the kitchen for a glass of water and came back to the room, throwing the water on Nana's face, who woke up not only quickly but angry as well. "What the hell?!"

 

"Well, that will do the first part of your makeup, now, how about you invest that energy you want to use for killing me in getting dressed? I'm gonna make you something to eat."

 

Nana was indeed furious, not only that, she had no assistant after firing her back in New York, so she had no choice but to follow what Raina commanded. She searched for her clothes and got dressed as decent as she could.

 

The smell of coffee got her smiling a bit, until she remembered that Raina was making her breakfast, "She didn't have to throw water at me like that" mumbled as she got out of the bathroom and reached the kitchen.

 

There in the counter, were toasts on a plate, a cup of fruits and another of coffee. "Eat fast, we need to be there soon". Nana frowned but ate as fast as she could, smiling at the taste of coffee and decided to turn to Raina for a way of complimenting her "you know, your coffee doesn't match your attitude. It's really good and nice".

 

Raina rolled her eyes, making Nana to hold a laugh as she watched the girl picking both her purse as well as her own. "We can go now, thanks for the breakfast"

 

"Whatever, let's go"

 

**

 

Once they reached the location, most people were walking to one side to another, until they reunited in a room with all the cast and staff. Kahi gave the instructions of the day and so the main characters went to get dressed in their outfits for filming.

 

Nana couldn't find most of her things, losing her assistant meant that she barely got to know how to handle things, even so, she tried her best to take care of everything by herself, especially when the make up artist that was supposed to be there to work on her face, didn't come.

 

She armed herself up with optimism and took a breath before taking care of the make up. Through the mirror, Raina was looking at her getting a bit lost on where were the things, she looked down for a moment before speaking up to her make up artist "I can take care of this, work on her"

 

"But..!"

 

"We can't be wasting time, go." so he went to the other side of the room and started to work on Nana's face, who still could be seen a bit worried from the distance.

 

Raina finished with her own face and went to check on those in charge of the outfits "Excuse me, is Nana's outfit ready?"

 

"Sure, you'll have to wait a bit for yours. She's gonna start first with the scene, so we're ready."

 

"Good, can I take it to her?"

 

"Here" Raina received the dress from the designer's hands, and took it immediately to the previous room.

 

"Is the make up ready?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Ok, fix mine a bit." she looked over for her assistant, gave her the dress and turned to Nana "She will help you to get dressed".

 

Once Nana was ready, she went straight to the set. Raina made it a few minutes later.

 

"Ok, so this set is meant to be the house, we'll be filming the scene where Sori and Shizuka first meet."  

 

**

 

"And action!"

 

Nana, as Shizuka, walked from the wall of her room to the other, then stood in the middle and danced with no music, made a few delicate ballet moves as her face reflected calm and peace, she did it for another couple of minutes, almost an hour, until the "Cut!" was announced.

 

They moved to another scenes with the parents and finally went back with their main characters.

 

"Good! Now let's move to the scene where Sori arrives to the house."

 

Raina, as Sori, entered in a shy way and was received by Shizuka's parents, who showed her the house around. Meanwhile, Shizuka was sitting in a close chair to the table. The conversation led by Sori and her parents, about how they wanted their daughter to study music and dance went as a pretty good act, but suddenly, the director yelled a "Cut!".

 

Most actors were confused, until Kahi got close to Nana, "Shizuka doesn’t express boredom, Nana. That's not in her. Try again staying on the chair like her."

 

The scene was shot around 10 times more, because Nana either sat in the wrong way, or her face didn't show the character's soul. So, Kahi, gave up and was advised by Jungah to keep going with other scenes. When she came back to the unfinished scene, Nana made to act in a smooth way, and so the day ended.

 

Nana retired from the set, silently, with a frown on her face, which made Raina confused, I wonder if something bothered her on this scene?