Observation

Contrastive Sonorus

"And... action!"

The scene of the day was the one where Shizuka —Nana's character— and Sori —Raina's one— met for the first time.

The whisper from Shizuka's parents was heard at the back "What if it doesn't work? I don't want to see our daughter depressed about not being able to... follow her passion"

Sori walked towards Shizuka's room, and there she was the girl sitting on a chair, looking like envolved in a coccoon of peace, completely unaware of Sori's presence in there. She knocked, but still the girl didn't pay her attention, so she approached. A few seconds later, Shizuka finally turned to her and jumped on her chair of surprise.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to scare you"

Shizuka waved her hands in signal that everything was fine. She stood up and bowed, then smiled at her, causing Raina to dwell a bit on her thoughts and a familiar paralyzing feeling.

That touch is still in there... incredible.

Raina shook herself out of her thoughts and kept acting as Sori. She gave a few steps but suddenly she kept still. Oh god, what was the line? I can't let this scene to be a mess.

To avoid failing at the scene, but most of all, to avoid Nana's work to go to waste, she decided to improvise.

Sori took Shizuka's hands and directed them to , she let her fingers to graze her lips as she closed her eyes and opened them slowly, then she sang one word to her "Hello", she sang it a few times allowing both set of fingers to be envolved in an invisible cape made of one key of resonance.

The ones in charge of the script were trying to tell her that the scene was wrong, but Kahi raised her hand to silence them and asked the cameramen to make a close up on both girls.

Sori and Shizuka looked at each other deeply, the former then said "I'm Sori, nice to meet you" and put down the girl's hands and smiled.

"And cut!" said Kahi, she stood up from her chair and walked towards them with firm steps. "I have to say that it's not what I asked for but, good job!"

Raina and Nana let go of each other immediately, they felt as if they were into a spell that broke with the director's voice.

"Now we're gonna take a shot of the parents, then one with you Raina, and then Nana. Got it?" asked Kahi, both girls nodded then sighed and gave a weird look at each other for their similar timing.

**

The shot of the parents went on as both girls watched, or at least one of them was during the first minutes. Nana was taken back by Raina's expression while observing the whole shooting. She was standing right there by her side without protesting, complaining or even speaking a word, only observing the actors, not with the face of an actress but with the one from a fan.

"They really love her" Raina suddenly said leaving Nana confused. "Shizuka's parents, they may have their discussions but they are really trying for their daughter to achieve her dreams. I feel like this story is gonna be a beautiful one." after those words she smiled.

Nana have observed other actresses, but on the opportunities she got in Hollywood or any other place, little were the actresses focusing on the story. They were basically fighting for close ups and number of scenes. Sometimes, even messing with an actress to the point that they could take their place. So, looking at Raina was like a signal that maybe she was in a good place and that she should follow her example, actually focus on the story and why not learning a few things?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Raina said making Nana realize that she was looking at her with a smile.

"Uh.. I'm just..." she shrugged and stood silent, she didn't know what to say. Nana has been treating Raina with disrespect any other day, so being kind all of sudden wouldn't exactly be taken as something good, that's what she thought. She didn't want Raina to have wrong ideas. Not her, especially not her, she thought to herself. Something in her chest felt cold, something that immeditaly she got and a frightening glimpse could be seen in her eyes. After all this time, did she care about what Raina thought of her?

**

Raina's time for shooting came, so she stepped up leaving Nana in the same spot. 

"Action!" 

Sori approached to Shizuka's parents trying to get all the information she could about the girl, "Anything she likes to do most?", both thought about it for a bit, they mentioned a couple of random things that Sori found of no use, until the mother remembered one "She loves the piano room, she once told me that it was because of the floor".

The teacher asked to be taken to the room, when she entered she saw a big lighted room, with only a piano in the corner, big windows to the left side and a light brown wooden floor. Giving a few steps in, she had a hint on why she liked it, she bounced a few times and then giggled. At the look that the present ones gave her, she stopped and sighed "The floor gives this wide room a resonance, that's how she dances. Very clever of her." she nodded with a smile on her face. 

At the sight of confused parents, she pulled them into the center of the room and walked towards the piano. "Close your eyes and pay attention to your steps" she said before playing a few keys. 

"Oh!" the mother reacted immediately "You're right, there's a... vibration on the floor", Sori played a more upbeat song and they told her how it felt, as if the keys were being hit on the floor itself. She stood up for the piano and went towards them.

"Now, if my thoughts are correct, then doing steps and vocals should also feel the same". Sori danced for a few minutes, then stopped and started to sing with different rhytmn. The resonance felt not on the floor this time, but on the walls. When she finished her test, both her and Shizuka's mother were happy to have caught the trick.

One of the script guys ran to Kahi, for her to realize what was happening...

"Nana! She's not supposed to enter in this scene"

 


 A/N: @bento19 You're welcome, I'll keep doing my best.