Audition - Part 3

Contrastive Sonorus

Claps were heard from the panel and both Nana and Raina turned to bow at them.

"Well done, Nana! Well done, both of you! Oh.. what's your name again?" the drama club president asked looking at Raina.

"I'm Raina"

"Well done, Raina. Would you like to join the club along with Nana? You would make a great addition to this club."

"Thank you, but, sorry, I have to decline on that offer" catching Eyoung's attention, who came back inside the hall to pay attention to Raina's words. "My priority is singing, is what I love to do, but thank you for your consideration."

The president sighed "Too bad, I was already picturing to take this play to the next contest."

"I'm pretty sure you'll find a better play where Nana along the other members of the club will surely shine, so, from my part, I want to congratulate the club, for acquiring a great actress." Raina smiled at them without turning to Nana, who seemed to have her eyes and smile solely dedicated to her.

"Yes, indeed. Welcome to the club, Nana!" claps were heard again at the announcement, taking Nana out of her little trance. It was an understatement to say that she was really happy, not only because she made it to the club, but the possibility of sharing the moment with Raina, the one who believed in her.

--

Eyoung waited for Raina outside, she felt bad for misjudging her and thought that it would be better to apologize for that, despite of the girl not knowing about it.

Since Nana was gonna be a bit busy talking with the members of the club, Raina let her know that she was gonna be at the school's entrance waiting for her.

"That was really impressive" a voice was suddenly heard by Raina as she was going out the hall. Eyoung was there with a small smile directed to the other girl, she took a breath before adding "I'm really sorry, for having misunderstood the situation"
 
Raina was a bit confused, but then she remembered that after her audition to the choir, many girls doubted her intentions, Eyoung being one of them. "It's okay, thank you for helping me back there. You were great, I even felt less nervous."

Eyoung lowered her face, hiding a slight blush at the compliment "Oh, it was nothing, besides, you're in the choir. Not that I wouldn't support you if you weren't, you have a really beautiful voice." she said remarking her admiration at Raina's voice. However, some extra words were added to her statement in a murmur, without realizing it, "I almost feel jealous of Nana". Eyoung went almost pale at the accident.

Raina looked confused at Eyoung "Why's that?"

"W-Well, I bet you sing a lot for her."

"Actually, I don't. I think this is the first actual time I sing in front of her."

Now it was the turn for Eyoung to be confused. "Why? She doesn't like your singing? That would be weird."

Raina shrugged "I'm not sure if she likes it. It's not like I'm an amazing singer, anyway."

--

After the drama club president gave Nana an official welcome and introduced to her the rest of the club members, she told Lizzy to help Nana with any other questions, since she had a lot to organize. Needless to say how happy was Lizzy of this.

"So, what would you like to know first?"

"Are you guys preparing for a new play?"

"Straight to the point, I like that. I heard someone that Romeo & Juliet is in the plans. But if you ask me, they should do Wuthering Heights so everyone marvels at your Cathy."

"Thank you, that's kind of you."

"It's not kindness, you're gorgeous for the stage, also talented."

Nana blushed a bit at her words "Thank you, I don't get to hear that pretty often."

"You don't? Geez, I'm judging your girlfriend right now" Lizzy rolled her eyes at such information.

"What? What girlfriend?" Nana suspects who's the 'girlfriend' she's talking about.

"The girl who came with you, the one from the choir."

Nana's face went full red in barely seconds, she barely could control her head turning to the sides for Lizzy to not notice the obvious. She stopped and sighed before replying "Raina's not my girlfriend."

"Why the sigh then? Is it one way or something?"

"Uh... how about you just tell me if other plays were considered before Romeo & Juliet?"

"Hmm, let's see: A midnight summer's dream, but the girls are not sure if all the members are ready to fill the roles, we believe we need more practice..."

Lizzy kept talking about most plays in consideration, all good ideas, but that had to be put away because not all members were ready and they barely counted with one or two actresses who knew how to act, the rest were still beginners or still needed some work on a few aspects. Nana was more than happy to hear the way that the drama club has come by, the loss of members through graduation or lack of motivation. Somehow her head was starting to fill with ideas on how to make the active ones improve, and how to exploit her current skills, or finding about them.

Apparently, the club president avoided doing most of those plays because of her lack of trust to the current members. Some would start and then drop, others would be beaten by the nerves on the scenario, making the play a complete disaster, so she started to be a bit selective with plays, for she knew she couldn't keep everyone from acting or improving, she had to take risks.

---

Raina was at the entrance, Eyoung asked if she could wait with her until Nana came, but the girl refused.

Minutes passed and finally Nana reunited with Raina. One would think that after the successful audition and how they supported each other on that room, their conversation would improve, but it wasn't like that. Yet, something else, secretly, was improving...

Visible to some, invisible to others, in the way both girls standing in front of each other, just limited to stare and smile, with a sensation of time stopping for a few seconds.

Then they turned to walk side by side, at the same rhythm, on the same concrete stage.

 

 


A/N: Thank you, bento19, for the comment! Hope you liked this update.